Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat that lost ears and nose looks like Lord Voldemort and can't find a new home

Default Cat that lost ears and nose looks like Lord Voldemort and can't find a new home

Judging by this homeless puss' deformed features and mystic stare, there can be no question he is a Purr-Blood.
    But ugly stray Charlie has been unable to find a new home - because he looks too much like Harry Potter's evil archenemy Lord Voldemort.
    Workers at the Blue Cross animal charity say visitors have been scared off by the white cat's resemblance to Ralph Fiennes' character in the blockbuster movies.
    And the similarities don't end there as Charlie must now live in solitude since he fell out with other animals at the sanctuary.
    Now he sits alone, staring out of his castle cage, waiting to be freed.

Purr Blood: Charlie had to have his ears and nose removed after a bout of cancer

Homeless: Charlie, who has an uncanny resemblance to Harry Potter villain Voldemorte, has nowhere to live

The abandoned cat had to have its ears and nose removed after suffering from skin cancer.
    Vets say Charlie's pale skin left him at risk of developing the potentially fatal disease.
    They are now desperately trying to rehome him and say a family of Harry Potter fans could offer their best hope.
    Charlie, a 14-year-old domestic short-hair cat, was living as a stray before a woman adopted him, fed him and took him to the vets for surgery.
    But he failed to get on with her other two cats and dog and she was forced to take him to The Blue Cross in Southampton, Hants.
    Staff at the centre say he loves 'fuss, lots of tickles and cuddles' but would be best suited to a home with no other pets.

Dreams of power: Charlie peers wistfully out of his cage. He lives in solitude now since he fell out with the other animals

Animal welfare assistant Marie Loveridge said: 'At first glance, people may be put off by Charlie because he does look like Voldemort, the baddie from the Harry Potter films.
    'But although some people might think he's a bit quirky-looking after having his ears and nose removed, he is a lovely, playful cat who adores attention.
    'We are desperately trying to rehome him with somebody that knows beauty is more than skin deep.
    Dark Lord: Ralph Fiennes as the evil Lord Voldemort

'Charlie has had a tough life after suffering from skin cancer and it would be great if he could live the rest of his life in comfort.
    'Perhaps he would be a great cat for a Harry Potter fan.
    'He would make the perfect pet for the right family.' She added: 'Charlie really is an adorable chap.
    'He looks you in the eye when you talk to him, loves fuss, lots of tickles and cuddles and wants to be near you.
    'He has a dear little voice and likes to meow squeakily to get your attention.
    'Charlie has no problems with not having ears or a complete nose - he hears you, smells things as normal and does have the sneezes now and then.
    'He just loves human company and would happily be around you all day.
    'Charlie may be 14-years-old but he still loves to roll around playing with toys. He has got so much to give a new family and would make a wonderful companion.
    'Sitting with him brightens up your day and before you know it you no longer notice that he has no ears or nose.' Veterinary surgeon Alison Thomas said: 'Charlie is an extreme example of what can happen to cats if they suffer too much exposure to the sun.
    'This drastic surgery can be avoided if owners are vigilant and take steps to protect their animals from the harmful rays of the sun.
    'We recommend keeping pets like Charlie in the shade or indoors on the hottest days of the year and also to apply child-friendly sunblock to their skin.' Lord Voldemort is Harry Potter's biggest enemy in the series of books written by J. K. Rowling.
    Anyone who would like to adopt Charlie is asked to call the Blue Cross on 02380 692 894 or visit Blue Cross - Home to donate.

Twist in the tail? Charlie would make a great companion for an animal-lover

Read more: Cat looks like lord Voldemort Harry Potter villain so he can't find new family | Mail Online

Aww!! Poor little sweetie. I'd house him in a flash if I could. I hope he finds the perfect home.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Poor little dude. I'd take him too.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

looks more like hedwig to me. voldemort has EARS!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I'd take him too.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Ahh poor lil' guy. Someone will take him I'm sure.
    People always fall for sad stories, those always get animals adopted.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

What do you mean he can't find a home? I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

hell, just play that damned Sarah MacLochlin song and put it in a commercial - they won't be able to make enough earless/noseless kittys!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

He may have other Issues. Like, he has to be caged because of poor sportsmanship. A cat can be self centered. Who knew.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

He's still a beauty! He deserves to live out his senior years in a nice home.

Smile

Charlie the 'Voldemort Cat' Gets Adopted Into a New Home!

INTERNET SUCCESS STORY ALERT. Charlie, the adorable white cat whose missing ears and nose make him look like Harry Potter villain Lord Voldemort, has been adopted! Thanks to news stories and posts all over the internet, the famous cat who was rejected for his unconventional appearance will be moving in with a nice lady who'll love him just the way he is.

According to The Daily Echo, Charlie -- called "Voldemog" in the UK, because "moggy" is apparently a British term for cat -- has a new owner who doesn't even like Harry Potter. She just thought Charlie was getting a raw deal and deserved a nice, quiet place to live.

Although Charlie wasn't adopted by one of the zillions of internet commenters who wanted him, we web-types can rest easy knowing that we did a good thing by getting Charlie's story and his cute face out there. This just proves the age-old adage that cats plus internet equals win.

Charlie the 'Voldemort Cat' Gets Adopted Into a New Home! - Urlesque

^^yay!!!
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Team Charlie! He deserves a loving home and I'm thrilled he got one.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I hope he gets every treat possible and a sunny window to watch from. Luck lady!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information