Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My male cat was sick this weekend; please pray for him

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default My male cat was sick this weekend; please pray for him

Salem, my 7 year old had a urinary blockage that I caught in time on Friday I took him to the emergency animal hospital and they were able to get him well, but kept him on fluids and a catheter the whole weekend. I took him home last night and he was still acting funny just doing little squirts back and forth between the cat litter boxes and places he's not supposed to pee at like on the rug and in a cat bed. My heart is breaking for him, he's my soul brother/son/companion since I was 21 in college (his beautiful brother passed away from the same affliction when they were 1 years old and I still cry over his passing whenever I think about it), I'm full of dread and guilt and sadness. This can't be happening to my baby all over again too. He's been eating the special wet food I got for his situation, but they told me to bring him back in the hospital today after work b/c he's still acting funny. I didn't want to come into work today b/c of this, but I had to and now I just hope he's ok

My kitties and I send Salem our prayers.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Get well soon, kitty Salem!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Oh,Alice! I am so sorry to hear this. Of course I will pray for him and my doggies send warm furry thoughts.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

thank you so much guys; I haven't been this depressed in a while, for the last 7 years no matter what, he has been there back at home for me you just don't understand and now I feel I've taken him for granted, he's my rock.

Your poor baby! I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Sending good thoughts to you and your special boy, Alice. I'm sure everything will be just fine, but I know how much it hurts to see your baby suffer. *hugs*
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

thank you guys; ... I have this dread in the pit of my stomach and feel like a zombie, I haven't really eaten or slept too well, I'm just hoping for the best for him

Sorry to hear that Alice, hopefully he'll be okay. I'll be thinking of him.

Awww... get better Salem. Hope you make a SPEEDY recovery!!

*hugs*

Go Habs Go!!

Silver Member

My thoughts are with you and your baby! Is he back in the hospital? What did the vet say?

Both my 3 yr old male cats went through this recently one in Sept and the other one 2 weeks ago. Their blockage was due to an infection once on anitbiotics for 5 days they started to improve and by 7 days they were acting like their old selves. With male cats its very very important to keep a very clean litterbox and have them on a low magnesium food. They would barely pee at all then at about 5 days they started peeing again in their litter box and eating more.

My heart is with you, how was their tests? Urine? Blood?

thank you; now I think I'm getting from worrying myself sick, ugh, my poor baby. I'm going to check him out again when I get home and might be bringing him back in if I don't like what I find. better safe than sorry imo

His test is still out and waiting for results to find out about crystals or whatever it is. His litter box is always clean, cleaned every day since I've brought in the rescued cat, but his diet is not great due to me wanting to save money and letting him have whatever he wants usually (he gets plenty of water though, a shit load! and he's diabetic) so now I'm putting him on a special diet for this sort of thing and I hope it works. Thanks for sharing that yours were not great for 5 days and then back to normal after that.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    Salem, my 7 year old had a urinary blockage that I caught in time on Friday I took him to the emergency animal hospital and they were able to get him well, but kept him on fluids and a catheter the whole weekend. I took him home last night and he was still acting funny just doing little squirts back and forth between the cat litter boxes and places he's not supposed to pee at like on the rug and in a cat bed. My heart is breaking for him, he's my soul brother/son/companion since I was 21 in college (his beautiful brother passed away from the same affliction when they were 1 years old and I still cry over his passing whenever I think about it), I'm full of dread and guilt and sadness. This can't be happening to my baby all over again too. He's been eating the special wet food I got for his situation, but they told me to bring him back in the hospital today after work b/c he's still acting funny. I didn't want to come into work today b/c of this, but I had to and now I just hope he's ok
    My one cat had a problem with this. You could tell he was just as miserable as could be. We opted for surgery because of the frequency of the blockages, and the pain they caused our cat. I hope your guy is ok and gets better.

Alice my feline friend Preston and I are sending our positive thoughts and love to Salem. Hopefully he gets better in no time.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information