Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Rescue 3 kittens Next to my Building to no Avail :(

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Unhappy Trying to Rescue 3 kittens Next to my Building to no Avail :(

I had them all up here on my balcony, they're about 8 weeks old now b/c i want to spay and neuter them and try to find them a home and the most skittish one was behaving in the cage thingy i put him in but the other 2 more tamed ones were acting up in the other cage thingy so i let them all out on the balcony to try and calm them and i turned my back for a second and i heard a noise and the skittish one had jumped, im on the 2nd story and i dont know where he went or if i'll ever be able to capture him again! i'm so upset. i just hope and pray (and ask you to too) that he is ok and just hiding and not dying somewhere I didn't see any blood thank god and hopefully as kittens he made it ok, god i hope and pray so I had to put the other 2 back from where i captured them b/c they were acting up! and I wanted them to find him and be with him. ugh, this is such a nightmare. i gave them more food (they're currently living by where I park my car by the alley - its relatively safe but dirty and not right nonetheless for cats to live) and I ran back to my apartment so they wouldn't follow me I heard them crying a few minutes later, but now they've stopped. I'm just dying. I just want to help them, but all of the shelters in L.A. are to capacity and b/c of the economy people are abandoning their pets left and right and I already have 2 adult cats in my small apt. so I can't take anymore!

I'm just hoping for a miracle right now.

I look at my well fed and loved cats and tell them how unbelievably spoiled they are. still i know that even if i find a home for the kittens; that not every owner is like me or other owners I know who give a damn about their pets. its a cruel world out there and animals rarely have a voice...

call a shelter or SPCA in your area. they can help you get traps to rescue them. they are too young to get knocked up, they'll be okay.

also, SNAP might be in your area too. they paid to fix our two cats.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Bronze Member

Poor little kittens.
    I know you can do it yourself if its not to difficult to climb.
    Or you do the old food trick, let them come to a food.
    Bait them to eat it and they can get out of their selves.

^thnx deb

I must have called and emailed at least 30 shelters/clinics trying to find help and they are all message machines saying they are over capacity etc.

I will pay if I have to get them spayed and neutered b/c they need it and its not right otherwise; I do have a free appointment for them to get spayed and neutered for the 13th though, but I would like to find them a home before then. Its been tough.

I'm just letting out my sadness and frustration on here b/c I'm really hurt by what happened tonight and seeing them in their living condition and I've grown to love them too. They're the sweetest things and really want a home, but unfortunetely I can't take them in, so I know I'm going to miss them when and if I do find a home for them. I even gave them names; Fluffy (the skittish one who jumped), Tiger and Angel (the friendliest sweetest one) just based on their coats it makes me hold my cats a little tighter tonight knowing that they are here safe w/ me and not in the streets anymore where they too came from.

So did you find the skittish one? Are they all ok now? Maybe see if you any of your friends or coworkers want to adopt a kitty. Put a message out on your facebook and ask around as well. I'm so glad you rescued them and you're taking care of the kitty cats! I want one

Good for you, for doing what you can for these kitties.

I'm the VP of our local Humane Society and we too are at capacity at our shelter and our local Cat Shelter. Cats are so over populated it's insane. Our HS gives out coupons to the public to give them $25/35 off a S/N to encourage them to do it.. it doesn't seem to help much but it's something.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

aliceinwonderland

Go to petfinders...

Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder

Bleed that site dry, honey!

If you still come up short. Think of calling vets who take in "foster pets."

If you still come up short after that, place an ad for "free kittens for the taking" in your local paper or something.

Put a message out on your facebook and ask around as well.
    Facebook is very good for that sort of thing as well. Be sure to take pics of the little kitties when you do your thing on facebook, because that will tug at most anyone's heart strings for sure.

If you cannot find the skittish kitty, then let it go. He/she might have made it out in once piece if you see no evidence to the contrary. I know that sounds harsh, but the skittish kitty might have found a new mate who cares for them as much as you and that is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

God bless you for doing what you could to help.

aw Alice, hope it works out.

aw, alice, that's so nice of you to try and rescue those kittens. i would so take one if you weren't so far away. i hope it all works out.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

thanks guys; I think it will work out, they're the sweetest dolls and I would take them in if I didn't already have my 2 cats. wow they are really sweeties these kittens and I will try again tonight and get their asses in my apartment, take pics of them and find them a home (plus get spayed and neutered at their appointment).

It kind of made me realize what a lot of work kittens are really. I rescued mine in college when I had the time and energy to be up all night w/ them and play and teach them things, but now as we're all 3 older - I can't do that with them or w/ kittens, I wouldn't be a good parent to kittens at this point, they do need special attention and effort thats for sure!

anyways, thanks again guys it really opens my eyes to see how many people out there volunteer their time and money to try and help animals. some people think how silly that is and we have no business doing that as humans, just let mother nature take its course, but its very heartwarming to say the least that so many people out there do that.

Aw, Alice. Hope you get them in safely. Let us know what happens.

Alice, not sure where you are, but there is a good animal hospital in the valley that does some rescue work and will help pick up the tab for spaying and neutering. Best Friends Animal Hospital on Laurel Canyon. Also, there is a good rescue up in Van Nuys (a bit far) but it's called Pet Orphans. When we lived up there, I would donate bags of food, beds, collars and toys to them. Nice people doing great work. If you're willing to foster them for a while, they can help.

You're a sweetie for doing this. Kittens rock!!

thanks, i will try that. I'm so desperate, last night was another heart-breaker, they tried to follow me home and were meowing for sometime I feel I need to rescue them right away and find them a home, but I can't get "stuck" with them either! I've been emailing more people and posting on facebook and will on petfinder.com now too.

Awww, I know how it is, Alice. I couldn't abandon them either.

Fostering them would be a good solution...although I did that once for a local rescue group and yep, ended up keeping all 3 of the kittens. That gave me 6 cats at the time, I was in real danger of becoming a crazy cat lady.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information