Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maine Coon cat becomes world's longest domestic feline

Default Maine Coon cat becomes world's longest domestic feline

Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV2BGw8HMGY[/YOUTUBE]

RENO, Nev. (AP) A cat in Reno has broken the Guinness world record for world's longest domestic cat.

The Reno Gazette-Journal reports that a 5-year-old Maine Coon named Stewie was certified as the new record holder after measuring 48 inches from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail bone. That's a little more than 4 feet long.

The record was previously held by another Maine Coon that measured 48 inches.

Stewie's owners, Robin Hendrickson and Erik Brandsness, say they decided to try for the record after hearing countless people say they were amazed by Stewie's length.

Hendrickson says Maine Coons are known as "the gentle giants" of the cat world.

Love love love Main Coons w
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I have a Maine Coon! She is freaking awesome! And even looks a lot like this cat, but 5 times the size (in weight).

Cool stuff!

I had a Maine Coon. Great cat to have around kids. Huge and good-looking cat, that never got made at anyone.

^^Yea, my cat is so great w/my kids. She lets them roll on her and brush her and just love her constantly. They fight each night about who gets to sleep w/the cat.

Is your cat really big too Mohandas? Mine is over 25 lbs. Just took her to the Groomers yesterday because she cannot keep herself super groomed all by herself....

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    ^^Yea, my cat is so great w/my kids. She lets them roll on her and brush her and just love her constantly. They fight each night about who gets to sleep w/the cat.

Is your cat really big too Mohandas? Mine is over 25 lbs. Just took her to the Groomers yesterday because she cannot keep herself super groomed all by herself....
    Mine was a blue and white Maine Coon. Weighed about 16 pounds at her heaviest. I have an awesome shot of my daughter, when she was three, holding my cat under its forearms. Because my daughter was so small, and the cat was so big, both sets of legs were touching the ground. The cat has a look on its face like, "Well, I wonder when this is going to be over."

The only time she scratched one of my kids was when I was clipping her claws and my daughter got too close.

And my uncle had a 20-plus pound Maine Coon that my parents would occasionally care for when he was deployed. The cat would come into my parents' bedroom in the morning, climb onto my Dad's chest - forcing all the air out -- and proceed to drool on my dad, until my dad got up to feed him. But it was a great cat.

So you two have been holding out on us.. with your Maine Coons and all??? Very cool
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post
    So you two have been holding out on us.. with your Maine Coons and all??? Very cool
    Looked a lot like this. Very bright, extroverted animal. When guests came over, she didn't hide - she actually came out to see everyone.

We rescued her from an animal shelter that had actually kept her around for over 40 days (that's a long time for a place that euthanizes animals):

This is my baby! Her name is Sweetie!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is my baby! Her name is Sweetie!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Very cute - that's what my uncle's looked like. I love that breed.

My brother has a Ragdoll, which is another massive, docile breed. My brother took his cat into a new vet last week, and he said all the staff came in to look at it because it was the biggest they had ever seen.

My oldest cat, Clancy is part Maine Coon. Nicest cat I have. Every time I get a new one, he does what I call his "Welcome Wagon" routine. Let's the new ones play with him, rassle around - and as a result, every one of my cats absolutely adores him.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Your cat is adorable!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

^^to Mohandas: We get talked to a lot at the groomers and vets as well. SOMEONE always makes a comment about her size---I have to haul her in a dog carrier because she is so big, so when they see a cat coming out of a dog carrier, people are like OMG!

I adopted her from the SPCA 2 yrs ago. Prior to the adoption, the SPCA took her to a local TV station for their regular 'here's the animals we have available for adoption' segment that they do every week and she broke the carrier they brought her in because of her weight and she was running around the TV studio. But got her just in time and she was great on camera....

I didn't see it unfortunately, but she is still brought up from time to time during the segments about what a cool cat she is and how huge!

^^to Mohandas: We get talked to a lot at the groomers and vets as well. SOMEONE always makes a comment about her size---I have to haul her in a dog carrier because she is so big, so when they see a cat coming out of a dog carrier, people are like OMG!
    My brother took his time and finally found his ragdoll at a shelter.

I used to get on my brother's case about the size of the cat -- I thought it was obese - but it turns out that 2/3 of its girth was super-thick hair.

OMG! Beautiful cats. Just a treat.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information