Thread: Sun Conure!

Default Sun Conure!

We bought a Sun Conure about a week ago. His name is Stewie. They're suppose to be very intelligent and affectionate. When we first started handling him, he was a real terror. He bit me a few times and drew blood. His screams, when he's pissed off, are deafening. But after awhile, he became a lot more comfortable. He will stand on my shoulder or sit on the arm of my chair. He loves to fly onto my son's head. He's very sweet.

We're going to work on getting him to talk and do some tricks. They're cool, mini parrots.

Pretty guy!!!! Gorgeous coloring. Hey, Stewie!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Congrats bellini! I love parrots because they are so affectionate and intelligent. Have fun with Stewie
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Oh he is just beautiful. How fun for you guys. How old is he?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Beautiful! Is this your first parrot? I have parrots and just love them.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Drew blood? Train him to be a killer attack parrot!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

He's six months old. Yes, he is our first parrot. He's a real spitfire. Our German Shepherd will go to give him a sniff and he gets right up in her face, giving her a peck on the nose. He thinks he's bigger than he really is.

Twitchy yeah he drew blood! I was so surprised because he's just a little guy. I thought it would be a bite like a parakeet.

Thankfully it wasn't as bad as this guy. I think he's a bit melodramatic, but they can cut ya! LOL.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUAFNxrwCXU[/youtube]

Awww. He's cute, Bellini

Ooo-I love him! And I love it name-it certainly suits him!
    My Eclectus bit the heck out of his vet. Got him right between the thumb and forefinger and did some damage. I was mortified.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Beautiful birds. I do love bird, however like McJag said they can be quite unpredictable and the screaming..omg. I have a cockatiel and he's been screaming for the past 4 hours...and he's been out of his cage. I know some people have gotten conures to talk or whistle have you had any luck?

We're working on getting him to talk. I repeat "hello" to him a lot. So we'll see. He's pretty good about the screaming. He only does it when he wants out of his cage. I've read that some can be constant screamers and it's very hard to get them to stop.

He was on my arm this morning, playing with my watch. I didn't realize that he pulled out the stem, stopping it. I got in my car and found I was now twenty minutes late! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Ooo-I love him! And I love it name-it certainly suits him!
    My Eclectus bit the heck out of his vet. Got him right between the thumb and forefinger and did some damage. I was mortified.
    Do you have a male or female? I always wanted a little greenie boy.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

My mom has had a sun conure named Domino since 2001. He was so docile at one point that he'd fall asleep next to me with his little claw wrapped around my finger. Over the years, though, he's become less friendly with other people. He only loves my mom now. She's around him the most (since me, my sister, and my brother are all grown and moved out), so it makes sense.

Thread Information