Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mistreated puppy recovering well‎

Default Mistreated puppy recovering well‎

SPCA inspector Lori Davis reassures the puppy rescued in Papakura. Photo / Greg Bowker

Little darling puppy

A puppy has been rehomed in an animal shelter after being kicked, struck against a tree and thrown through a basketball hoop by four boys.
    A resident in Papakura heard a dog yelping on Saturday night, and witnessed the boys kicking the 2-month-old labrador-cross puppy among them in a reserve on Wilson St.
    The resident did not lay a complaint, but when the boys, aged 12 and 13, returned to the park on Sunday evening the police were called.
    Police communications spokesman Lou Alofa said neighbours saw the dog being repeatedly kicked before it was thrown up a tree.
    "The dog was motionless when it fell back down. One of the boys then held it by its front legs while another boy kicked it in the stomach.
    "They continued punching and kicking it and then threw it through a basketball hoop."
    The boys were apprehended by police at the reserve, and have been referred to Youth Aid.
    The wan, shaken pup, which belonged to one of the youths, was given by police to the SPCA. He suffered severe bruising and was barely able to stand.

SPCA chief inspector Vicki Border said she was surprised the dog had suffered no fractures or broken bones.
    "He's been very tender, and has been shaking.
    "At first he couldn't stand up on his own, and was hard to wake up, very lethargic. But he has been up and running around the vet hospital a bit."
    Police and the SPCA said the young age of the attackers was disturbing.
    SPCA chief Robyn Kippenberger said violent acts on an animal by a young person gave a strong indication they would be involved in greater violence later in life.
    "The problem we have is that when kids are involved with something like this, it's the tip of the iceberg.
    "We know that it is linked to human violence; they're not just being careless with animals."
    The Papakura cruelty was the most recent in a series of cases. This year, the SPCA has dealt with cases in which sheep were shot and maimed, a man fed kittens to his pitbull, and youths trapped hawks and painted them.
    Ms Border said the SPCA dealt with 20 to 30 cases of animal cruelty a day, and at least one a week as serious as the beating of the puppy.
    A bill to extend the maximum prison term for wilful cruelty from three years to five was passed unanimously in Parliament in July.
    The boys are unlikely to face charges because of their age.
    Ms Kippenberger said it was a good opportunity to address their violence and "stop it from blossoming into something way more serious".
    "Twelve and 13 is the age at which kids are getting a social conscience, so that's the age we can change them," she said.
    The Government allocated an extra $8.2 million for SPCA welfare enforcement work in June's Budget but most of this went to large-scale, rural cases.

Abused pup used as basketball - Animal Welfare - NZ Herald News

OMG! This just makes me see red. That darling puppy!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This is just sickening. I cannot imagine how terrified that poor little puppy was through all that. The little wastes of sperm that did this should be fucking shot.

Yea some people are too evil for words. Isn't he beautiful? I'd love to have him if I lived in NZ

Somebody wonderful will adopt this little guy and give him a forever home. Don't get animal abuse; never have. Early sociopathic tendencies.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Poor thing will be traumatized for life. Shoot the little bastards. Get it over with now.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Poor thing will be traumatized for life. Shoot the little bastards. Get it over with now.
    I second that, but they need to be kicked senseless before being shot.

Hopefully the puppy will trust humans again. OMG poor thing... As per the boys, they need to be dealt with with ASAP. Pieces of shit, how about I throw you up a tree and through basketball hoops...
    Go Habs Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I second that, but they need to be kicked senseless before being shot.
    I third it!! Stupid little fuckers. Get rid of them now.

Christ! And the pup belonged to one of the perpetrators! If he
    treats something he owns that way, Lord knows what he's capable
    of doing to something that isn't his. Sick bastards. No respect for
    life at all. Potential serial killers.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I have a little dog that we rescued from a shelter. The shelter initially wondered if we would even be able to make a pet out of him. He was too scared to make a noise, too scared to eat and even too scared to pee.
    He's doing incredibly well and we love him to bits, but Grimm is right, he will be traumatized for life and every day we see reminders of that.
    There will be hundreds of people offering to give the little puppy in this story a home.

Sounds like sons any mother would be proud of. I'd freak if my kid was ever this cruel.

I'd be fine with making animal abuse a captial offense. No joke. Juice these little bastards up, regardless of their ages. They're fucking hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    I have a little dog that we rescued from a shelter. The shelter initially wondered if we would even be able to make a pet out of him. He was too scared to make a noise, too scared to eat and even too scared to pee.
    He's doing incredibly well and we love him to bits, but Grimm is right, he will be traumatized for life and every day we see reminders of that.
    There will be hundreds of people offering to give the little puppy in this story a home.
    It's so true. They get so traumatized and it shows. When we adopted Toby (our precious Lab) this past February, he was only ten months old, but we were his third home (at the least). He was turned in to the shelter at 7 months and again at 10 months. Who knows if he had additional homes. Anyway, you could tell he was so tired of the shuffle. Even the rescue said the same thing. He was afraid of everything. Loud noises, hard wood floors, concrete floors, the car, etc. He was so quiet. Now, he loves everything. We encourage him like crazy. People must have thought we were crazy with all of the praising we did when we were in public. He's still pretty quiet, but I think that just his personality.

Precious baby. I hope he will get a forever loving home. It scares me to think about how many animals who are abused, that we don't know about. There is so much cruelty in this world. It hurts my heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information