Thread: Pit Bull released from death row

Default Pit Bull released from death row

Marino for News
    Franchesca Surun (r.) takes home her dog Snoops, who spent 8 months on doggie death row for biting a 4 year old girl.

Never say die.

A Death Row doggy that mauled a 4-year-old Riverdale neighbor was released yesterday - prompting howls of outrage from the injured girl's dad.
    "It's ridiculous that the dog attacked us and left us scarred for life and they still won't put it down," dad Terrence Roker said. "I just don't know what it takes."
    Snoop, a 3-year-old pit bull, won the reprieve after a quixotic fight by his owner.
    Franchesca Surun enlisted the support of a pet advocate lawyer and agreed to build an elaborate barbed wire-topped fence to cage the animal.
    "You're coming home with me," Surun, 23, cooed after Snoop was released into her arms. "I love him to death."
    The dog-bite drama unfolded on Dec. 6 when Snoop got loose from Surun's yard and attacked Roker and his 4-year-old daughter, Taite, as they strolled the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights.

Snoop bit both of Taite's feet, requiring stitches, and ripped Roker's leg open. Roker is filing a lawsuit against Surun.
    The family moved a few weeks later to New City, Rockland County, a move that was planned before the attack.
    "I pray and hope for the people of the neighborhood," Terrence Roker said as he and his daughter revealed their scars. "I love animals, but I don't like animals who attack my family."
    Snoop was caged at an Animal Care & Control shelter in Brooklyn after the attack.
    The pooch was saved by the tireless work of Rachel Hirschfeld, a lawyer and pet advocate who worked free, winning Snoop a stay of execution.
    "I told you I'd get him out," Hirschfeld crowed. "Every three days, I had to talk to them about not killing him."
    Hirschfeld's clients chipped in $2,200 for Snoop's room and board.
    A Department of Health spokeswoman said she didn't know why Snoop was spared.
    Surun declined to comment on the attack, except to say Snoop had never bitten anyone before. She erected the 7-foot fence around her house to satisfy authorities that Snoop would never get loose again.
    Surun visited Snoop two or three times a week throughout his long incarceration.
    "Last time I came to visit, I was like, 'I'm probably never going to get him back,'" Surun said. "It's been really tough."

Joyful owner takes home pitbull that bit 4-year-old girl, father outraged

ugh, i dont know if i agree with this decision.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

In dog attacks, I usually question what the child/adult was doing to provoke the dog to attack. Unless something is being left out of this story, it truly does sound like the dog should have been put down.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

A*O

Release the dog and put those bogan owners down instead.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Release the dog and put those bogan owners down instead.
    what does "bogan" mean?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

A*O

Aussie for white trash/chav
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Bogan is the American equivalent to redneck or white trash. English equivalent would be chav.

Combine boganism with drug use and you get Trent from Punchbowl:
    YouTube - Trent from Punchy
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Thanks! For some reason, I've been calling my three month-old son that as a nickname. I didn't realize how dead on I was.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Thread Information