Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your pets' fears?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default What are your pets' fears?

Do you know what your pets are scared of?

My dog seems scared when I cook, I think it's because I've burnt things in the past and the fire alarm went off because of it and he fears and anticipates the horrible loud beeping noise with my cooking (even when I'm not burning anything... ).
    He esp doesn't like me using the oven. He stays farthest away from the kitchen when I'm cooking.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Default Re: What are your pets' fears?

Vacuums of course. My one cat Fonzie is afraid of plastic bags...only the noise they make though. My other cat Potsie is afraid of the microwave. I dont know why. I was holding him and walked by the microwave while it was running, and he was interested at first, then he just freaked out and took off. He doesnt go in the kitchen when its running anymore. My cat Opie is afraid of strangers. He can somehow differentiate between familiar footsteps coming up the stairs and footsteps of strangers. Its weird. He also freaks out and takes off when he hears knocking, because usually knocking = people he doesnt know.

Cats are afraid of the roomba. Dogs don't care.
    One dog is deathly afraid of storms. Cats don't care.
    Same dog trembles & hides if my husband raises his voice. Cats think that's hysterical.
    Last edited by Lobelia; March 10th, 2006 at 04:25 PM.

Silver Member
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine

I bathe my dog in my bathtub and he hates its. So anytime I run water in the tub, he thinks he is going to get a bath and hides under the bed and trembles. He is also afraid of thunderstorms and hairdryers....He's a big wimp.
    How You Durrin ?

My cat's afraid of birds. There are literally hundreds of birds near our house and the neighbouring parking lot at any given time, and he starts freaking out at the patio door when they move or fly around. He has a unique "the birds are scaring me" meow/growl/screech thing - he prefers to be put outside where he can keep an eye on them, but he'll still make the sound and won't actually chase them.

He's also terrified of the house alarm, which I can totally understand. It's triggered by the opening of the door if we have it turned on, and it went off once - he thought there was some new scary animal outside and wouldn't go near the door for a few days.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Zee

My dog is terrified of gun shot like noises. He was shot by some idiot as a puppy, so we understand his fear.

During thunderstorms, we let him into the laundry room with the washer/dryer running to drown out the noise. He either paces, shakes or pants constantly. For fireworks we sedate him.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

He either paces, shakes or pants constantly. For fireworks we sedate him.
    Too funny.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by wonderina
    I bathe my dog in my bathtub and he hates its. So anytime I run water in the tub, he thinks he is going to get a bath and hides under the bed and trembles. He is also afraid of thunderstorms and hairdryers....He's a big wimp.
    My Elmo is the total opposite literally. He loves baths (I shampoo him in our tub, too) and getting his hair dried with the hairdryer. When I'm doing something in the bathroom, going in the shower, he opens the bathroom door (I usually don't lock it or close the door tight) and comes in and has a peek what I'm doing.

Once we were at our friends house and were soaking in the hot tub, my dog tried to jump in the tub!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

My cats are pretty unafraid of anything but I've had each since they were very tiny, one a day old and the other at a month. They only freak out when another cat tries to move in, they ignore the roomba, they ignore the blow dyer. My male is facinated with the blow dryer and comes running when it's switched on, sits in the sink about a foot from you and stares intently while you're drying your hair. As soon as you stop he sniffs the dryer.

But the cats are afraid of my parrot. The parrot rides them around the house and terrorizes them.

But the cats are afraid of my parrot. The parrot rides them around the house and terrorizes them.
    PLEASE video this & post.

My Sammy hates his pet carrier. He will claw my arms or back just not to get in. I feel bad when I have to put him in it when I have to run errands. He seems to be pretty good about noises.

Silver Member

Malika has seperation anxiety. She hates to be left all alone.

Bella the pit bull is afraid of Derelict the kitty...

Derelict is afraid of cars. One time he was sleeping in the engine of a dump truck, and got injured by the motor turning on. He was gone for 1 week and when he came home, his rib area was a long big scab, and it looked alot like beef jerky, I think that was his 5th life that he almost lost.

Gold Member

Our big dog, Carly is afraid of our beagle Gracie getting away from her. She gets very upset if they're apart. Our cat Nermal is afraid of strangers. If you've been here enough times, he has no problem with you but a new person in the house has sent him literally up the wall to get out of the room!
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    PLEASE video this & post.
    That might be a challenge because now when the cats here Gitta rattle her cage door to come out they run and hide until she's decided to go back into her cage. My exotic birds can both open their cage door and come right on whenever they feel like it. Yesterday afternoon I was scrubbing the deck and the silly birds were sitting on the windowsill watching me and talking while I worked. My parrot Gitta is terribly afraid of squirrels, if one is out on the deck she flips out.

I have 2 Australian shepherds that I rescued, and they have a variety of phobias.

Psycho Charlie was abused in a variety of ways because he HATES guys in hats, he freaks out and tries to attack him. He is also terrified of the newspaper or anything in my hand if I raise it up. He will actually run out of the room up to my bedroom and he won't come out.

Little Fat Max was left tied in a barn for 2 years. His only real interaction was with food and flying bugs. He is the most food focused dog I every met. He is the sweetest most lovable dog I have ever had and he only has 3 real issues. The first and worst one is loud noise. Zorbeet I can relate, that is exactly how LFM reacts too. The second issue is rolled up newspapers. One day I used on to swat a fly and Max freaked out and actually attacked the newspaper! I have never seen that little butterball move so fast! His final hate is ANY flying bug. He will literally launch himself off the couch to try and catch one. I'm guessing they harassed him all the time in the barn.

People that abuse animals need to be caged and beated daily. And their noses rubbed in poop.

Bastards
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information