Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The house is so quiet and empty...

Default The house is so quiet and empty...

My sweet doggie Earl died this afternoon and my husband and I are heartbroken. He was fine this morning, and then he started acting weird and out of it. My husband took him for a ride to get a treat this morning and he was fine. By the time my husband got back to the vehicle and opened the treat, he was having trouble holding himself up and was all wobbly. We called the vet at home and she said he may have had a stroke. She told us to keep him comfortable and give him 48 hrs, he may come out of it. We have taken him to the vet 3 times over the past couple months for spells of "not being himself" and he seemed to have pain in his abdomen those times as well. They gave him some anti inflammatory meds and sent us home. We requested scans, but they didn't think they were neccessary. I think they just chalked it up to "being old". Earl was about 14, but he never acted like an old dog, except for 3 or 4 incidences over the past couple months. Well, today it escalated into not being able to control his potties, blood and vomiting. By 1:30 his breathing was labored and he just stopped breathing. I don't think it was a stroke. Sorry if this seems crazy, but since we couldn't have children...Earl was kind of like our kid, we had him since he was 10wks old. And this just hurts a lot. I keep expecting him to jump up on the couch next to me. And i know I won't be able to sleep without him hogging most of my side. I don't see my poor husband cry often, but today made #4 that I have witnessed in 15 yrs together. Thanks for bearing with me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i'm so sorry lisa, he lived a very long life though, wow! thats amazing, and i'm sure he was well taken care of and loved and spoiled by his parents all those wonderful years. i know your heart is broken, and although he's gone physically, you can be sure he will always be with you
    xoxoxoxoxox i really feel your pain, i understand, and you are not alone in this *Hugs* just keep talking it out, we're all here for you, try to stay stong...
    rest in peace sweet Earl

Oh, I'm so, so, so sorry. Earl was a gorgeous boy. *hugs*

Wow, sorry to hear that about Earl aka your child. Remember those funny and special moments of him in your lives and know that he's in peace now in doggie heaven. *hugs*
    Go Habs Go!!

I'm so sorry for your loss

Oh am I so sorry. Hugs to you.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

So sorry you lost your furbaby. He looked like a real sweetie.

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

I'm so sorry. It's hard losing a loved one. My best wishes go out to you and your family.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

I'm so sorry for your loss . Pets are such wonderful family, it really does make it difficult when they leave us.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

My thoughts are with you.

Bronze Member

I lost my dog in a similar way 3 weeks ago. I am so sorry you are going through this.

Earl was a handsome fellow. May he rest in peace.

What a handsome boy he was. I have had a weep with you, I hate this happened, I hate that awful feeling, I hate all of this! Still, that is a small price to pay for having his love all these years.
    I know it is hard to get though this awful part. Just remember one or the other of us will be here all night, so you don't have to be alone.
    Hugs!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm so sorry I know how you feel. We lost our Josie this year and we didn't have any children. She was our child. We nurtured her, loved her, taught her and watched her grow. Losing her was harder than anything I've ever been through (and I'm 40, so I've been through a lot). Take care of yourself. Cry and let it out. Soon you will only remember the good times I promise.

RIP Earl.

Elite Member

Aww, so sorry, he is so darn cute. Be glad you knew him and shared his life.

I'm so sorry Lisa. *hugs* I was crying when I was reading your entry because I flashed back to losing my cat 2 months ago. It does get a little easier but even now I miss her so much it hurts sometimes and the house feels wrong without her.

I wish you all the strength in the world to deal with this. Just remember that he loved you, that he didn't suffer much and all the good things he gave you. He was a beauty.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information