Thread: Dog honks for help when left in a hot car

Default Dog honks for help when left in a hot car

Sweltering temperatures are a reminder to keep not only yourselves cool, but your pets. In the case of a Labrador, he may have been left alone, but helped himself survive what could have been a terrible situation.

Eleven-year-old Max is not just a dog. He's like another member of Donna Gardner's family.
    "You have to know Max. He's a very smart dog and he just does things that I don't think a normal dog does all the time," said Gardner.
    The chocolate Lab proved that a couple of weeks ago. Gardner ran an errand and took Max with her. When she came home a short time later, she went inside the house, forgetting Max was still in the car.
    "I came in and started cleaning and about an hour later I heard a horn blow," said Gardner.
    She went outside, but didn't see anybody. "So I came back in the house and I started cleaning again and the horn blew again."
    This time, she saw Max sitting in her driver's seat.
    "I rushed over and got him out real fast and he was panting like crazy. I brought him in the house and he just dropped to the floor," Gardner said.

Gardner gave him water and cooled him down. Her daughter called the vet who said Max was a little weak, a little slow but otherwise OK.
    "Number 1... Max saved his own life by honking the horn to get himself out of a very, very overheated car. Number 2, the Gardners are such good pet owners that they looked at him first. They managed to get his temperature down a little bit before they got here," said Nancy Soares with the Macungie Animal Hospital.
    "I don't know whatever made me forget he was with me," added Gardner.
    Meanwhile, Gardner says she will never make that mistake again and hopes this serves as a lesson to other pet parents.

Dog left in hot car honks for help

way to go Max!

as for the owner? put her stupid ass in a hot car for an hour. (or more)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

OK, how can you forget a dog in the car? The minute I park my car, my dingbat starts whining...Josie was the same way too/

My big poodle is as quiet as a cat and fades into the black car interior. It has entered my mind that he would be easy to overlook. He never says a word, just waits for me to open his door. Could be the same here, but it is scary.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What does this mean? "the Gardners are such good pet owners that they looked at him first."

After a doctor's appt. last week, I saw a chihuahua in a car in the parking lot with all the windows rolled up. This is central Texas and even though it was an unusually cool day for July, it wasn't THAT cool, and temps rise really fast in a closed car. So I called the po-lice and gave them all the info. I feel bad b/c I didn't stick around but I felt I needed to get home to my 6 week old and feed him. I keep meaning to call and see if I can find out what happened....the dog even had a damned shirt on. Idiots.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Number 2, the Gardners are such good pet owners that they looked at him first.
    No, they are not.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Yes, Donna Gardner should be locked in a hot car. She can beep the horn but I'd never answer. I hope she dies.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    way to go Max!

as for the owner? put her stupid ass in a hot car for an hour. (or more)
    I AGREE! What is wrong w/people???? F.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

For an hour she was cleaning and she didn't noticed something was missing in her home? I have dogs, little dogs and they are always underfoot and when they are not I'm aware of their presence...and when one is out of the house with my husband or son the house feels different. How could you forget a dog, especially one that size? Blah! She is an idiot.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm one of those people if you leave your dog in the car I'm calling the police on your ass.

Last trip to Florida some twit left their black chow in the van while shopping in Walmart. We went in and waited for them to announce the tag number and waited for them to come out.

On the other hand.. my dog is now deaf and blind and if I leave her alone for a second she toddles off. It's been real hard. I know it's time for her to go for that last visit to the vet......... nope.

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

I agree that the pet owner is kind of a jerk-off idiot, but the dog deserves some credit. That is a smart dog.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

If I see a pet in a hot car I'm calling the cops and breaking the window if they take too long. I've called the cops before and I DARE anyone who has left their dog in the car to criticize ME for breaking their stupid window. I get 10 feet tall and bulletproof when it comes to standing up for any defenselesss creature.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

An old school chum- posted on FB that she "left her 3 dogs in a car with the car and AC on.. the dog must have turned the air off" and went in to eat when she came out - all 3 dogs were dead.

I deleted her on FB and have thought of that scene- everyday- since she posted it.. she didn't post all the details on FB but I heard it from her ex husband- 2 of the dogs were his..that his kids took along.

I would KILL HER!!
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    An old school chum- posted on FB that she "left her 3 dogs in a car with the car and AC on.. the dog must have turned the air off" and went in to eat when she came out - all 3 dogs were dead.

I deleted her on FB and have thought of that scene- everyday- since she posted it.. she didn't post all the details on FB but I heard it from her ex husband- 2 of the dogs were his..that his kids took along.

I would KILL HER!!

It would've been great if ALL her friends deleted her at once.

I don't know which is worse, that she bragged about it on FB or (obviously, to me) lied and tried to blame the dogs. Bitch. Should've been arrested for animal cruelty.

A few years ago I helped a friend move from AZ to OR. It was in late summer and most of the route was horribly hot, obviously--it wasn't really possible to avoid desert/inland valley stretches! Thing is, this friend has TONS of animals--dogs and cats both. So, we planned everything, stayed at pet-friendly motels each night, packed lunches so we would not have to stop in the heat of the day except for gas etc. and made efforts to only actually eat at restaurants late at night when it was cool and safe for the critters to stay in the cars w/windows down a couple of inches (or in the motel rooms of course.)

A couple of times, though, we had to make a food stop in the middle of the day. We normally had the animals split up between two trucks and the family car, but when we stopped to eat, we transferred all the animals to one or two vehicles and left a person in each vehicle with them, engine running and A/C on, for THE WHOLE MEAL. Those who went inside brought take-out for the animal minders.

If that dog-killing scumbag had a brain she'd have realized that this is the ONLY way to do it. I bet she didn't even remember to turn the A/C on.

I really do think these crimes are perfect examples of when the punishment should fit.....if you know what I mean.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Thread Information