Thread: Animal pictures of the week

Default Animal pictures of the week

This is Kevin, a baby kestrel who broke his leg after falling from his nest in St Albans. Nurses at St Tiggywinkles wildlife hospital, in Buckinghamshire, have used metal pins to fix the 4 week old bird's leg and expect him to make a full recovery. He will live in the hospital's aviary before his released back into the wild

Springer spaniel Samson with PDSA Nurse Seante Glass. Samson has made an amazing recovery after munching his way through 2lb of stones

A young Gelada Baboon holds on to the back of its mother at the zoo in Stuttgart, southern Germany

A 15-year-old bonobo ape named Binti holds her three-week-old baby in the zoological garden in Cologne, Germany

A rare white baboon has been born at a zoo in China - making it only one of three in the world. The white-haired new arrival was born on June 27 at Yancheng Wild Animal Park in Changzhou, eastern China's Jiangsu province. This means that the zoo is now home to two white baboons, with the first being born last year

Two young Dama Gazelles check each other out at the zoo in the central German city of Frankfurt

A zoo keeper holds a six-week-old Bush Dog pup during a veterinary check-up at Chester Zoo

Asian elephant calf Luk Chai (left), who turns one this week, plays with younger herd mate Pathi Harn in their enclosure at Taronga Zoo in Sydney, Australia

Gorilla Muke (left) hugs her baby Bakari at Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden

Panda are fed and entertained at the Panda Base in Chengdu, the capital of China's Sichuan province. Officials at the base are planning to give animal lovers from around the world the opportunity to sample the job of a panda keeper by launching a global search for six panda keepers

Quadruplet white Bengal tiger cubs feed from their dog surrogate mother at a zoo in Taiyuan in north China's Shanxi province. The two male and two female cubs are their mother's first born, but she abandoned them after giving birth to them on June 20

A small goat stands next to a dozing rhino at the zoo in the eastern German city of Schwerin

Animal pictures of the week: 9 July 2010 - Telegraph

*heart melts*
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Those white Tiger cubs!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

They're all so cute! That mother dog is the best, though. I think the best moms are the ones who take care of adopted little ones. It shows they are really loving, and not just taking care of kids 'cause they gotta.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Elite Member

Cuteness overload. Awesome!

Silver Member

my heart just went squeeeeee for a few minutes there! SO. ADORABLE.

Thread Information