Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Honey
  • 1 Post By HelpMeRhonda
  • 1 Post By Chilly Willy

Thread: Reunion of girl and orang-utan sealed with a hug

Default Reunion of girl and orang-utan sealed with a hug

The last time Emily Bland met Rishi the orang-utan, they were both still at the crawling stage.
    So when the pair were reunited two years later, there was a whole new world of play to explore.
    The three-year-olds spent a blissful afternoon climbing, swinging from rings and tyres, pedalling around on a plastic tricycle and sometimes pausing for a hug in scenes reminiscent of the 'I Wanna Be Like You' sequence in the Disney film of The Jungle Book.

Firm friends: Rishi places a hairy arm around Emily Bland

When Rishi and Emily met two years ago and, right, the scene from The Jungle Book where King Louis sings I Wanna Be Like You to Mowgli

Rishi lives with his adopted family of four older orang-utans at the Institute of Greatly Endangered and Rare Species (TIGERS) in Miami, Florida.
    His first day of play with Emily came in 2008 when her father Barry, a photographer, had an assignment at the institute and took her along.
    'Rishi loved Emily pouring water over his head in the paddling pool,' said her mother Sophie. 'Their play together was so alike it was amazing.
    'When we told Emily we were going to visit Rishi again she was very excited. She has often talked about Rishi and if you ask her to name her friends, he's always included.'
    All the animals at the institute are allowed to roam free.
    Director Dr Bhagavan Antle said: 'Even though Rishi loves his orang-utan family, he is the youngest and likes to play.
    'It was a wonderful day for both of them. It was fun for him to play with her but also just hugging her and enjoying a relaxing day.'

Riding pillion: Rishi jumps on the back of the plastic trike. Rishi lives with his adopted family of four older orang-utans at the Institute of Greatly Endangered and Rare Species (TIGERS) in Miami, Florida

Enlarge Just hanging around: Rishi and Emily have a swinging time at the orang-utan's Florida home

Enlarge Rishi looks on bemused as Emily upends her watering can in a paddling pool

Read more: I wanna be like you-hoo-hoo: Reunion of girl and orang-utan sealed with a hug | Mail Online
    Ravenna likes this.

OMG! Could anything be cuter?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That is so cute. That would be my best day ever, at that age. Hell maybe even today!
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Lucky kid

Awww

That is so cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Ew, she's wearing Crocs.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

At least the orangutan isn't wearing Crocs too.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

• Emily Bland and Rishi the orangutan have been unlikely friends for six years
    • But Rishi's keepers think he will soon be too powerful to play with her

Some childhood playmates turn out to be friends for life. For others, there comes a time when they simply outgrow each other.
    For most of their six years on the planet, Emily Bland and Rishi the orangutan have been an unlikely double act – enjoying picnics, games and the occasional rough and tumble.
    But now, they are being forced to, well, grow apart, because Rishi’s keepers think he will soon be too big and powerful to play with his human friend.

Firm friends: Six-year-old Emily Bland and Rishi the Orangutan pose for one last picture together at his home in South Carolina

Going ape: Playful Rishi srays water at a giggling Emily as the two of them cool off in his pool
    Emily, from St Albans in Hertfordshire has visited her friend in South Carolina several times since they were introduced in 2008

Partners in crime: Emily and Rishi play together as two-year-olds back in 2008

Stick by me: The chums pictured together again aged four in 2010

At 4st 9lb, the orangutan is already able to pick up a fully-grown human, and his weight is expected to double within 18 months.
    Back in 2008 when they met, the pair were barely two years old and Emily was much bigger than Rishi.
    They were introduced at an animal reserve in the US when Emily’s photographer father, Barry, took his daughter along on an assignment.

You drive me bananas: Emily gives Rishi a hand with his favourite snack

Growing lad: At 4st 9lb, the orangutan is already able to pick up a fully-grown human, and his weight is expected to double within 18 months

Rishi and Emily stunned everyone with their instant rapport, and since then Mr Bland, 42, has taken his daughter on several trips to visit her friend.
    This time, the pair were reunited for one last picnic at Rishi’s home in South Carolina and played for hours in the sunshine.
    Emily, from St Albans in Hertfordshire, made sure Rishi had his lunchtime banana before they splashed about in a fountain.

Monkey business: Emily giggles as her Orangutan chum larks around with a cup

Catching up: Back in 2008 when they met, the pair were barely two years old and Emily was much bigger than Rishi

Fond farewell: The pair were reunited for one last picnic at Rishi's home in South Carolina and played for hours in the sunshine

Cheers: Emily, from St Albans in Hertfordshire, made sure Rishi had something to drink before they splashed about in a fountain

The pair were introduced at an animal reserve in the US when Emily's photographer father, Barry, took his daughter along on an assignment

Mr Bland said: ‘The first time they met, they just sat and played together – it was really cute. She’s been really excited about seeing him again.’
    Dr Bhagavan Antle of Myrtle Beach Safari, where Rishi lives, said: ‘It’s the modern day story of the Jungle Book. But orangutans grow up very rapidly, and Emily isn’t growing up as quick. Rishi is already very strong.
    ‘He’s not aggressive at all, but it may be too much to expose them to each other in a year’s time.’ However, Rishi’s carers say he is already a whizz at the computer – so Emily hopes to keep in touch via webcam.

Read more: Emily Bland, 6, and best friend Rishi the orangutan are forced to say goodbye | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm dying of envy.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^ Haha, me too. I'd love to meet an Orangutan. Those photos are so cute.

I always wanted an Orangutan friend. This little punk is living my dream.
    Lobelia likes this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I want to see more pictures!
    Go Habs Go!!

very cool.

You have got to be kidding me with these photos!!

Thread Information