Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dog starved for 5 weeks is recovering‎

Default Dog starved for 5 weeks is recovering‎

A 3-year-old German Shepherd that was tied to a tree in Garden Grove and starved for at least five weeks is recovering but is still too weak to walk.
    Named Courage by shelter workers in Orange County, the dog was so starved that it ate dirt, according to a KTLA report.
    Courage weighed 37 pounds -- far below the 75 to 85 pounds that a healthy German Shepherd should weigh.
    Veterinarians have given Courage blood transfusions, plasma transfusions, electrolyte and vitamin infusions. He is expected to survive, but is not expected to recover quickly, according to the report.

Garden Grove dog starved for 5 weeks is recovering | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Who could be so cruel? I hope they get time in jail. With no food.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What a sweet dog! How anyone could do that to such a loving dog is beyond me.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

That poor, poor dog! It's amazing he lasted that long without water. I read another article that being chained up, even the rain puddles were out of his reach. They're offering a $1000 reward for info on the owners. I hope they catch them. I wish they could tie them to a tree without food or water.

This was making the rounds on Facebook and it broke my heart. How can people be so cruel? Shit like this and what I see on Animal Cops makes me homicidal.

Hope he will recover as soon as possible & have loving people to take care of him. How someone could even think of doing that is beyond me. Hope they catch the assholes!

HUMAN BONFIRE.

God, this is so sad. I hope he will be OK and goes to a loving home.

Stories like this make me realize I could kill without remorse.

Make this shit a capital offense. I'm serious. People who do this sort of fuckery deserve death, imo.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Make this shit a capital offense. I'm serious. People who do this sort of fuckery deserve death, imo.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

I absolutely HATE people who do that. We had a dog that disapepared and was gone for months. Then one day he showed up back home, skinny as hell,had a chewed rope around his neck but so glad to see us. And then awhile later my dad went out to check on him and he was dead. He had chewed the rope from his neck and come home to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I'd go for this.

My heart breaks thinking about this poor, beautiful creature and what he had to endure.

Rescued: A starved dog named "Courage" Arrested: a Bellflower veterinarian technician

By Jill Stewart, Friday, Apr. 16 2010 @ 2:41PM
    Comments (1)
    Categories: odd news
    How sickening people are, but how amazing animals can be. "Courage" is the name of a dog who was unlucky enough to be owned by a young woman who allegedly starved him. He was rescued, clinging to life and at half his weight, in the aging Los Angeles suburb of Bellflower.
    The Southeast Area Animal Control Authority put out word today that 26-year-old Kimberly Nizato, who works part-time as a technician at a veterinary hospital, is under arrest.

How is this possible, that a vet technician could do this? According to City News Service:
    Animal control officials said Nizato kept the dog -- who was known as Bosco but has now been nicknamed Courage -- in an airplane animal carrier in her garage. It was unknown exactly how long the dog went without food, Reyes said. The animal was starving and weighed only about half of its normal weight when found. ``But clearly this poor guy hadn't eaten for several weeks,'' Reyes said.
    The dog is recovering at Community Veterinary Hospital in Garden Grove. It seems likely he will be adopted by his rescuers. If you have any information on this baffling case, the agency has released a contact
    number and the name of a captain handling the investigation: Capt. Aaron Reyes can be reached at (562) 824-3291 (cell) or (562) 803-3301, ext. 223.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    Rescued: A starved dog named "Courage" Arrested: a Bellflower veterinarian technician

By Jill Stewart, Friday, Apr. 16 2010 @ 2:41PM
    Comments (1)
    Categories: odd news
    How sickening people are, but how amazing animals can be. "Courage" is the name of a dog who was unlucky enough to be owned by a young woman who allegedly starved him. He was rescued, clinging to life and at half his weight, in the aging Los Angeles suburb of Bellflower.
    The Southeast Area Animal Control Authority put out word today that 26-year-old Kimberly Nizato, who works part-time as a technician at a veterinary hospital, is under arrest.

How is this possible, that a vet technician could do this? According to City News Service:
    Animal control officials said Nizato kept the dog -- who was known as Bosco but has now been nicknamed Courage -- in an airplane animal carrier in her garage. It was unknown exactly how long the dog went without food, Reyes said. The animal was starving and weighed only about half of its normal weight when found. ``But clearly this poor guy hadn't eaten for several weeks,'' Reyes said.
    The dog is recovering at Community Veterinary Hospital in Garden Grove. It seems likely he will be adopted by his rescuers. If you have any information on this baffling case, the agency has released a contact
    number and the name of a captain handling the investigation: Capt. Aaron Reyes can be reached at (562) 824-3291 (cell) or (562) 803-3301, ext. 223.

I wish I could have him.

This is here and this is a vet that my animals have been to!! I'm livid. I can't believe this cunt works for a vet!! They are still paying her and she's on administrative leave. I hope they fire her ass soon!

Poor Courage He's getting better, thank goodness.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information