Thread: Hunter 'delivers' unborn seal pup from carcass‎

Default Hunter 'delivers' unborn seal pup from carcass‎

In this undated photo provided by the Alaska SeaLife Center, Maxwell, an orphaned seal, is shown. The Alaska SeaLife Center took in the orphaned seal born with the help of the subsistence hunter who harvested the pup's mother, Sunday, April 4, 2010

A rescue center in Alaska has taken in an orphaned baby seal that was still in the womb when a hunter killed its mother on Easter Sunday.
    The Alaska SeaLife Center says a subsistence hunter killed the pup's mother in a village on Nelson Island, in the Bering Sea. The hunter then realized there was a live pup inside the seal and successfully delivered it.
    The hunter's daughter found a hot line for the Seward rescue center and called to report the incident.
    Guided by center staff, a village teacher helped transport the pup to the local airport, and the animal was flown to Anchorage.
    SeaLife Center staff members met the pup, now called Maxwell, at the Anchorage airport and drove him to Seward on Monday.
    Staff members say the pup has responded well to food and care, but his condition is still considered critical.
    "Maxwell was close to full-term, and everything looks fairly normal," said Pam Tuomi, a center veterinarian. "But pups that have never received antibodies from their mother's milk are at higher risk for infection, so we will keep Maxwell in quarantine and monitor him closely for the next few weeks."
    The nonprofit SeaLife Center is Alaska's only permanent facility licensed to house stranded marine mammals and seabirds for rehabilitation, a release from the center said.
    Staff members choose a theme each year for naming animals admitted there, and this year the names are related to caffeine.
    "We hope to give Maxwell a second chance at life as a wild harbor seal," said Brett Long, the center's husbandry director.

Home found for orphaned seal delivered by hunter

Why did this asshole have to kill the mother in the first place? Poor baby seal.

Poor darling. Hope he makes it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    Why did this asshole have to kill the mother in the first place? Poor baby seal.
    It says he was a subsistance hunter so I'm guessing that he is someone who suppliments himself and his family through hunting.

Poor baby!!

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Motherfucker!

k, subsistence hunters EAT THE ANIMAL. They probably didn't even know it was preggo.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A subsistence hunter is not killing the animal for sport. That is how he puts food on the able for his family. I'm sure the guy doesn't have the luxury of whipping his bank card out at Wegman's to buy a nice soybean burger meal.

Thread Information