Thread: Owner splashes $20,000 on mini-mansion for her pampered pooches

Default Owner splashes $20,000 on mini-mansion for her pampered pooches

A dog-owner has gone to amazing lengths to make sure her beloved pets live in the lap of luxury - by building them their very own mansion.
    Now Chelsea, Darla and Coco Puff share an extraordinary 'home' that features vaulted celings, hardwood floors, heating and air conditioning, hand-made curtains and pricey wallpaper.
    The dogs' have their own beds or they can lounge on their front lawn surrounded by a white picket fence.

Life of luxury: Tammy Kassis' 11-foot tall Victorian doggie mansion sits in her backyard for her dogs Chelsea, Darla and Coco Puff

Enlarge
    Darla the Pomeranian stand proudly in her 'living room' while Yorkies Chelsea and Coco Puff look on from one of the three beds

They even enjoy music from a classic RCA Victor radio.
    Little wonder the sign over the front door reads: 'Three spoiled dogs live here.'
    Yorkies Chelsea and Coco Puff and Pomeranian Darla have their 47-year-old owner Tammy Kassis to thank for their plush pad on the outskirts of Los Angeles.
    Ms Kassis, a former insurance agent, said: 'My dogs are my life.'
    She and her advertising executive husband, Sam, decided the dogs needed their own place when Cocdo Puff was almost carried away by an owl.
    The couple turned to Alan Mowrer's La Petite Maison, a builder of deluxe kennels.

Tammy Kassis, sits with her dogs Chelsea, Darla and Coco Puff, in front of their 11-foot tall Victorian doggie mansion in Winchester, on the outskirts of Los Angeles

Enlarge
    The Victorian doggie mansion has its own yard, white picket fence, porch, doggie door, turret and doorbell on the outside

Mr Mowrer has built dog houses in the style of French French châteaux, Tudor mansions and Swiss chalets.
    Mrs Kassis asked him to build a replica of her own home.
    She lavished $20,000 (£13,200) on the doggy mansion, icluding things like painting, landscaping, screened doors and windows, mini-blinds and ceiling fans.
    When the couple decided to move home, the kennel came with them - although they had to hire a 45-ton crane and a truck to move the thing.
    The three little dogs feel perfectly at home in the the tiny mansion.
    She told the Los Angeles Times: 'My mother buys them most of the outfits - she treats them like they're grandchildren.'
    The next thing on Mrs Kassis's shopping list: a tiny plasma screen TV
    'They love to watch Animal Planet,' Kassis says. 'It's their favourite.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1262576/When-doghouse-bad-thing-Owner-splashes-20-000-mini-mansion-pampered-pooches.html#ixzz0joUqwhbo

Yes, sure if she can afford it why not.
    It just bothers me that these animals live in more luxury than many people.
    (and I'm a dog lover)
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

She'll get all kinds of grief because all that money could be feeding starving children or even saving homeless pets, blah blah. It's her money and she can spend it how she wants, end of. We also don't know what she may or may not be doing to help others b/c the article isn't about that. I spoil my pets but help others,too.

Anyway,the same could be said for parents who buy their kids DB purses or $300 Xboxes...all that money could have gone to buy gifts for homeless kids,too.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waste of money, no doubt. But this is what I find odd: my dogs always want to be with me. Always. We even go to the bathroom as a group. If I built them an outside doggy house, the only way they would use it would be if I was in there first.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

When they foreclose on her house she can always move in with them.

Bitch got too much time and money on her hands.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

World's most expensive kennel: Great Dane owner shells out £250,000 for doghouse complete with spa and plasma TV

By Luke Salkeld
    Last updated at 7:47 AM on 26th November 2008

They must have taken out a mortgage at Barklays.
    How else could a pair of Great Danes get their paws on this £250,000 kennel?
    The bespoke doghouse is being built on an exclusive estate near Cirencester in Gloucestershire.

Pampered pooch: The dog palace has been commissioned by a lady surgeon at the exclusive 550-acre Lower Mill Estate on the Cotswolds Water Park, near Cirencester
    Inside, the dogs will sleep on sheepskin-lined, temperature-controlled beds, soothe their aches in an 18in-deep spa, howl along to a £150,000 sound system and watch dog-friendly programmes on a 52-inch plasma TV.
    Automatic dispensers will ensure that chilled, filtered water and deluxe dry food are always available.
    The two dogs will each have a bedroom with large windows which overlook their own private playground. 'Dog-vision' webcams allow their owner to monitor their activity 24 hours a day, while climate control ensures they are kept warm.

Enlarge The yap of luxury: The house will include sheepskin-lined, temperature-controlled daybeds, elevated to allow the dogs to guard their empire
    There will be a sophisticated retina scanner installed at the front door to stop any other dogs getting in - something the Great Danes may view as a bit of a party pooper.
    Plans for the kennel, and for an adjoining house for the dogs' mistress, have been approved and building work is to begin at the Lower Mill Estate in the spring.
    The owner of the estate said the house and kennel were designed to the specifications of a female surgeon who wishes to remain anonymous.
    Jeremy Paxton said: 'Most houses are built with human specifics in mind and animals fit in around that - but this is the other way round.
    'It's a very interesting house with fabulous architecture and unusual requirements.
    'There's even a spa bath with a saline treatment built in because it's good for their coats.'

Scenic: Homes at Cotswolds Water Park
    The kennel will be about a quarter of the size of the £1.4million main three-bedroom 'Hedron House'.
    It has been designed by leading architect Andy Ramus, and will be built from materials such as zinc, glass and limestone at the estimated cost of £250,000.
    A spokesman for Lower Mill Estate said: 'This is the first animal request we've had.
    'People can design their own homes and this is a bit eccentric but it's really nice that someone appreciates their pets as much as this lady does.
    'She's designed their quarters with all their needs at the fore.'
    The kennel and adjoining property will be among dozens of multimillion pound homes at the Lower Mill Estate, a 550-acre privately owned nature reserve and a site of special scientific interest.
    Earlier this year, a revolutionary eco-home on the estate called Orchid House sold for a record £7.2million.

The house was designed to produce more energy than it uses, with an underground heat pump, geothermal heating and its own solar and wind power.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

fgg

these people need to get a life that doesn't revolve around their dogs.

My dog gets the best of everything...I mean everything, but that is ridiculous. Even if she donates to animal charities, the extra $20k would mean a lot more to dying animals than to her pampered pooches.

Thread Information