Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smiley Riley, the dog with a human grin

Default Smiley Riley, the dog with a human grin

Just like a happy youngster, birthday boy Riley wolfs down his cake and pulls a satisfied ‘doggy-smile’ for the camera.

There’s a good boy: Riley grins for the camera as he celebrates his birthday.

It looks like man’s best friend – or at least a pampered poodle – has finally figured out how to make the human gesture of happiness.
    Riley the dog almost pulled off the illusion while sitting at the table, wearing a hat and celebrating his first birthday with a cake. In fact, owner Maureen Ravelo, 22, from San Jose, California, said Riley’s face was so expressive that she frequently forgets he is a dog.
    ‘Riley always makes faces like this, and that’s the best part about him. He gives you a new facial expression every time that you forget he’s a dog,’ she said. He can also affect a ‘snobbish’ and a ‘curious’ look, she added.
    Even Riley – a bichon frise/poodle mix – seems confused about his identity. ‘The most unique part about him is he thinks he’s human like us,’ Ms Ravelo said.
    ‘He loves to sit up on chairs while we’re eating dinner and sleeps with us in bed.
    ‘Sometimes, I wonder if he realises he’s really a dog...’

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/

Silver Member

hahah that dog's face cracks me up!

Cute!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Ha! It's more like a doggy smirk.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Too funny, and it's not just his smirk, it's his eyes too. He looks like a little boy dressed in a dog suit.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

His smiles freaks me out...it's creepy and funny at the same time.

I get scared looking at the photo...LOL

Oh, what a cutie! He looks so sweet. Looks like he has owners that love him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
    His smiles freaks me out...it's creepy and funny at the same time.

I get scared looking at the photo...LOL
    Same here. I've always been a little frightened of animals with human characteristics...Like those freaking orange guys in Labyrinth
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Riley the smiley dog celebrates his second birthday with a toothy grin and a cupcake

A year ago he bow wowed the world with his joyous grin and now Riley the smiling dog has done it again on his second birthday.
    Owner Maureen Ravelo couldn't resist throwing another party for her pet with amazing human-like expressions a year after he grinned through his first.
    Once again the happy hound celebrated at Maureen's home in San Jose and this year Riley seems to be throwing his head back and laughing.

This year Riley, a bichon frise/poodle mix, celebrated his second birthday with a cupcake and his signature smile

Such human traits in her bichon frise/poodle mix are no surprise to 23-year-old Maureen, who explains: 'Riley always makes faces like this, and that's the best part about him.
    'He gives you a new facial expression every time that you forget he's a dog.
    'Ever since he came into my family's life, we've always thought he had oddly human-like features, which have been captured on camera on more than one occasion.
    "'He looks like an old man!" My mom always says.'
    FLASHBACK: Riley the smiling dog at his first birthday party one year ago

Owner Maureen calls Riley's expressions 'the best part about him'

In the picture Riley is about to tuck into a cupcake sprinkled with treats, surrounded by balloons and party decorations.
    But one noticeable difference was the absence of the jaunty party hat he wore last year.
    Maureen says: 'Yep, no hat. He said big boys don't wear birthday hats. That or he bit me when I tried to put it on him.
    'He's a mix of a bichon frise and poodle. His playfulness comes from the bichon part and the attitude from the poodle.
    Maureen is also aware of who is top dog in her family.
    'I'm turning 24 this year and my mom apparently only throws Riley cool parties. Now I know which one of us she loves more.'

Read more: Riley the smiling dog celebrates birthday with toothy grin and cupcake | Mail Online

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    He looks like a little boy dressed in a dog suit.
    exactly! and it is scary as shit!

That is fucking creepy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't like it, it's creepy.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Y'all are pussies, Riley's awesome!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Then there were the photoshops..

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

No freaking way. That thing is too human. I bet it could open your drawers, get out a carving knife and fuck you up in your sleep.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information