Thread: Indiana woman charged with setting dogs on fire, adoption offers pour in

Default Indiana woman charged with setting dogs on fire, adoption offers pour in

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyyKhu39RCQ[/youtube]

Adoption offers and donations have been pouring in for two dogs police said were lit on fire by their owner.
    Kathrine Brotherton, 35, told police that she wanted to kill her 5-year-old dog and 6-month-old puppy in the most humane way possible after they bit her hand, investigators told 6News' Jennifer Carmack.
    According to the probable cause affidavit, Brotherton put the dogs in a 55-gallon drum, covered them with gasoline and then set them on fire.

The puppy, named Jake, was burned over 85 percent of his body, while 5-year-old Boomer was also burned.
    "Jake's coming along," said Johnson County Animal Control Director Michael Delp, who called the case the worst he'd ever seen. "He's getting stronger each day. He is eating well, and that's a good sign."
    The Johnson County Animal Shelter has been flooded with more than 400 calls from people hoping to adopt the dogs, while others have stopped by to contribute to their care.

Kathrine Brotherton

"I hope this helps. It's not a lot, but I hope it helps," said a woman who wrote a check for $50.
    "I'm angry and I'm upset," said John Morton, who also gave to the shelter.
    Delp said the donations will go a long way to help Jake and Boomer, along with the other animals at the shelter.
    "It's just been overwhelming, very gratifying," he said. "They all need homes and they all need love. If you're looking for a companion animal, we can set you up."
    Delp said Boomer and Jake are expected to make full recoveries, and will eventually be adopted.
    Brotherton was preliminarily charged with felony animal cruelty and was being held at the Johnson County Jail.
    Police said there were no visible bite marks on her hands, and that it appeared the puppy had also been abused before the fire.

Adoption Offers Pour In For Burned Dogs - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Really they need to kill these fuckers. Seriously. They should make an arena gladiator style and make it Pay Per View.

Pedophiles, rapists and animal abusers would have to fight to the death for life in prison.

Just horrific. There are no words. I want to do terrible, terrible things to people who harm animals.

This woman should never be out again. She's a total nut if that's the way she thinks is the most "humane" way to discipline or kill her dog!

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Really they need to kill these fuckers. Seriously. They should make an arena gladiator style and make it Pay Per View.

Pedophiles, rapists and animal abusers would have to fight to the death for life in prison.
    Oh, I'd buy season tickets!
    "Well isn't that special"

Thread Information