Thread: Iggy the labrador reunited with his owners 5 years after going missing

Default Iggy the labrador reunited with his owners 5 years after going missing

When Iggy the puppy went walkies and vanished, his young owner thought she would never see him again.
    But five years on, Brierley Howard, 12, was reunited with the chocolate labrador after he turned up 130 miles away.
    Iggy was an 18-month-old puppy when he disappeared in August 2005.
    Brierley and her brother Jasper, now 14, were devastated. Her parents, Karen and Eric, believed he had been stolen.

Back home: Iggy is reunited with 12-year-old Brierley Howard, five years after he went missing. He turned up 130 miles away

But the family, from Rawtenstall, Lancs, have now been reunited with Iggy after he was spotted wandering the streets in Leicester and taken to a vet.
    The vet discovered the dog was fitted with a microchip and he was able to alert Brierley and her family.
    Mrs Howard, 44, said: 'We had given up all hope. It is just so great to have him back - although I would never have recognised him. He has put on quite a bit of weight.
    'Amazingly though he is just the same and still plays like he is a puppy.
    'Fortunately for us, the woman took him to a vet, they scanned him and got in touch with the microchip people.

Puppy love: Brierley aged seven with Iggy as a young pup

'When I rang the lady she said "What did you say his name was?"
    'I told her and she repeated it and then said "Oh goodness, his ears pricked up". He remembered his name.'
    She added: 'There hasn't been a week gone by when I didn't worry or wonder where he was. He's just adorable, but massively overweight. He's obviously been cared for but not had much exercise.
    'The dog warden in Leicester said the theft of dogs is quite a big thing.
    'Dogs are stolen and it's normal for them to be driven a distance so there's no chance of them being found.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1258267/Iggy-labrador-reunited-owners-FIVE-years-going-missing.html#ixzz0iOOvh9lj

Is he the cutest or what? Thank goodness for the microchip.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I love stories like this!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

What a beautiful dog!
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Thread Information