Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pets we have loved and lost

Default Pets we have loved and lost

Let's remember them here

Honey, my yellow lab July 2002- December 2003, sadly she died on Xmas day, only 17 months young Excuse the poor quality pics, I don't have a scanner so they are pics of photos

Elite Member

Our beautiful Lucy...died 1/19/10 13 years 4 months. The greatest dog whoever walked the earth. Babysat my daughter from day 1, slept in her room, daughter learned to walk pulling up on Lucy's ears. I cry every single day for her.

My old boy had to be put to sleep in May I miss him terribly, I still haven't put his basket of toys away. He's sitting on my bookshelf in his little urn. My kids miss him too. They often point to the urn and say that he's sleeping, breaks my heart. He had a good life though, was spoiled rotten and was healthy up until the end.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

I have three urns of kitties in the same hand-made wooden box as my mother's ashes rest in. Punkin passed away about a year ago - 19 years old. PJ died in 1998 - he was a complete pain in the ass, but I loved him anyway. Nasty thing. Apricot died 3 months before PJ, old age. He was my first baby. Smart, cuddly.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Had mostly cats over the years, but had an awesome all white pure German Shepard as a kid. Prince! He lived to be 13, but had those typical hip issues that Shepards can encounter. He was sooooo cool. I have 2 older brothers and he was incredibly protective of us kids. He loved my parents too of course, but when it came to us kids, he was insane. One time, Prince was sleeping on the floor and my Dad asked me to stand up and come over to him because he wanted to see what the dog would do...I was confused but went over to my Dad and he started to gently push me. And we both watched Prince....and he saw my Dad touching me and immediately jumped up and started growling at my father and got very upset. My Dad was like 'ITS OK PRINCE!' And he stopped....but it was very interesting. That dog would have even gone after my Dad, who Prince loved too! Great dog.

The day we got Prince, I was 3 yrs old. And somewhere out there, is a picture of us on that day: I had hit my head on the coffeetable and was crying, and Prince (who was just an adorable little white fluffball) was sitting next to me HOWLING. Its hilarious....

RIP Prince!

And all my kitties that I have loved so much over the years!

To all the cats I've loved before......
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

My sweetest baby girl, Josie. I lost her on January 14...I miss her every, single day...

Hit By Ban Bus!

me and Snoopy, part lab part doberman. I was 8. My parents told me he went to a new home. Thats not how it turned out. He was my dog, my childhood best friend. Yep I still think about him.

i had a cat named tracy who passed in june 2008 of kitty leukemia. before they put her to sleep, she was trying to run towards the door. i still cry about it and can't force myself to put another animal to sleep.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder&lightning View Post
    i had a cat named tracy who passed in june 2008 of kitty leukemia. before they put her to sleep, she was trying to run towards the door. i still cry about it and can't force myself to put another animal to sleep.
    My story is the opposite. My vet advised putting our 13 year old dachshund to sleep. I just couldn't do it. Stupid. I had to be with him when he died and watch him suffer horribly. I made him suffer for my own selfish reasons. He trusted me and I let him down. You can damn well believe I am never going to forget that.
    He came to us at age 4 after his owners divorce. My son was 4. It was love at first sniff. They were a dynamic duo. Once, my hubby was throwing my son up in the air and we heard this low,blood freezing growl. We all froze & my son was gently put back on the ground. We had to lock him up when playmates came over-if they were having a sword fight, the dog would try to nip the butt of the opposing swordsman! Best dog,ever!
    My sweet Ginger-gone this past December. My faithful companion. My hand maiden. My lap warmer. This time I could see it coming and planned ahead. This time I listened to the vet-that helped. Because of her, I now have another great doggie-rescued from the shelter. He was junked by his owners at age 4. We have forged a new happy life together and the grief is more bearable for both of us.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

My cat passed away of the same thing in 2006. Well, we had to put him to sleep too but it was because of the FeLV.

He was a very mischievous and adventurous cat. When we'd let him out he'd climb the tree in our back yard and from there he would get onto the roof and lay down. It and he was so strange. He'd just stretch out on the roof of our house like it was no big deal. But he was also very comforting...when he wanted to be. Like when I would be sick and have to stay home from school, I'd be on the couch or in bed and he'd come and lay on my lap and purr. It's been almost 5 whole years and I still miss him terribly.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Best dog,ever!
    My sweet Ginger-gone this past December. My faithful companion. My hand maiden. My lap warmer. This time I could see it coming and planned ahead. This time I listened to the vet-that helped. Because of her, I now have another great doggie-rescued from the shelter. He was junked by his owners at age 4. We have forged a new happy life together and the grief is more bearable for both of us.
    we grew up with doxies, they were not dogs - I tell you Tinkerbell was my fur sister. She had coats, she road in the front seat, she took on anyone she didn't trust. Sir Snitzles of Riverdale was the kindest dog I have ever known. Doxies are people.

Well we are dealing with that now. Our Maggie is our elderly Jack Russell she's blind, deaf and has breast cancer again. I carry her up and down the stairs. She has her moments of playing with the 5 year old dog but we know the time is coming. BUT not today. Someday. Not today.

i never actually watched her be put to sleep. it was just her running to the door that made it even more painful. i took her body back home and buried her in the yard. i'm glad you all found another companion. i'm about to adopt a cat. i think its easier just to let the vet take them to the back to be put to sleep rather than watching. if i had to do it again i will have someone with me.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

My Bonnie was put to sleep almost a year ago, she's the sweetie in my avatar. She was 17 and I'd had her since I was 7. It still breaks my heart, I miss her everyday. It was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make but I know I did the right thing.

KrisNine and Honey your pics are lovely. What cuties they were. That's especially sad that your little one passed away so young Honey.

All of these pet stories are so upsetting but I think this is a really good thread idea. It's a really nice way to remember your loved pet and to remember everyone elses. They'll never be forgotten.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Monkey, my 13 yr old baby. Had her from the day she was born. She passed away last week from Cancer. She had been sick for a couple of months, but was never in pain, and continued to eat. about a month ago, she started to refuse food. So, i thought, lets get better food, and i brought her Fancy Feast. (expensive for the amount of food). She started eating again.

Last Saturday, she was out of Fancy Feast so i went to the store to get her some more. Sometime between leaving and coming back, she passed away.

My heart is broken, i miss her so much.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information