Thread: Knit this cute "Corset" dog sweater for your pooch

Default Knit this cute "Corset" dog sweater for your pooch

"Corset" Dog Sweater

This is such a simple knit - a seed stitch rectangle with two holes for the arms and eyelets at each cast on and bind off edge to create holes to weave in ribbon to create the "corset".

Yarn and Notions: Red Heart Soft Yarn in purple. Any washable worsted weight yarn would work. A couple yards of ribbon to weave in through the eyelets to create the corset.
    I went to my local Joann's and just bought one of those $0.99 "JoAnn Craft Essentials" ribbon in the color I wanted to match my yarn.
    Needles: Size 9 needles.
    Pattern: Cast on 65 stitches. [*k1, p1 until one stitch from the edge, then k1] for 4 rows. On the 5th row, to create button holes: [*k1, p1, k2tog] until one stitch from the edge then, k1. (You do not need to yarn over after the purl stitch since the yarn will already be in the front.) For rows 6-36 (about 5"): *k1, p1 until one stitch from the edge, then k1. Then, to create the arm holes on row 37: [*k1, p1] 10 times (for 20 stitches), then bind off 10 stitches (make sure to do an extra k1, p1 prior to binding off so you make sure you keep the 20 stitches in the beginning instead of binding off right away and turning it into 18 stitches), then continue in seed stitch for the rest of the row (k1, p1) for the remaining 35 stitches. On row 38, [*k1, p1] for the first 35 stitches, then cast on 10 stitches, then [*p1,k1] for the remaining 20 stitches. From rows 39-64 continue in seed stitch: *k1, p1 until one stitch from the edge, then k1. Then, create another arm hole in rows 65 and 66. Continue in seed stitch for another 5 inches, then do another row of button holes, and then continue in seed stitch for another 4-5 rows and then bind off. To finish, weave in the ribbon like lacing up a shoe to create the "corset" look. It's up to you if you want the bow at the end to be at the top or bottom of the sweater.
    Size: This sweater fits my 13ish pound chihuahua mix. Her chest measures 16", her neck is 11" and from her shoulders to the base of her tail is about 14-15".

I posted this pattern for free as a courtesy to other crafters. Please use this pattern for personal use only. Re-creating this item for yourself, as a gift for friends/family or for donation to charity are all acceptable. Please do not re-create this pattern to sell. If you would like to do so, please contact me first.
    Posted by Caroline at 7:03 PM

labpugglechi FREE PATTERNS!: "Corset" Dog Sweater
    Free Charmed.

Kinky, I love it!

That's adorable.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Zee

Moomies would have loved this for Elmo. Very cute.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

"Does this corset make my haunches look fat?"
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Moomies would have loved this for Elmo. Very cute.
    I know, it was her I was thinking of when I posted it (although Mooms crocheted rather than knitted - I was hoping to convert her).
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information