Thread: Daddy Milan passes away

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Daddy Milan passes away

Cesar Millan, all his family and friends, his staff and volunteers, and dog lovers all around the world today will mourn the passing of one of the most loyal, trusting, well-balanced, and influential pit bull ambassadors the world has ever known. Daddy, Cesar's longtime friend and partner in canine rehabilitation, died peacefully surrounded by family on Friday the 19th of February. He was sixteen years old.

He lived each day of those sixteen years happy and fulfilled as Cesar's right-hand-"man," helping to shape the behavior of entire generations of dogs by showing them the way to balance. He stood as champion for calm-submissive pit bulls everywhere, and was instrumental in helping to repair their image as violent, savage, uncontrollable beasts. He successfully battled cancer and weathered chemotherapy, and even got the opportunity to present at the 56th Annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards!

His name is now added to that honorable roster of dogs gone by whose influence is still felt today, and which includes some of Cesar's beloved childhood heroes: "Rin-Tin-Tin." "Lassie." ... "Daddy."

He has been immortalized by Dog Whisperer fans in all mediums, from painting, to photographs, to charcoal drawings and papier-mâché sculpture. And, of course, he lives on in his work, reflected in the balance and calm-submission of his protégé Junior, the countless animals to whom he was a positive role model, and in the hearts and minds of everyone who knew him as a calm, sweet, and mellow example of a widely misunderstood breed.

RIP Daddy
    Oh my gosh I knew it was going to happen but as the owner of two old lady dogs it's so hard to say goodbye.

It was nice to see the pride in Cesars face when ever he talked about Daddy or you knew it was going to be a special case if Cesar brought out Daddy to calm the other dog down.

The Dog Whisperer just won't be the same without Daddy. sigh

Awww-the hardest part of owning a dog is saying goodbye. We all know how Cesar feels. Awful time.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Poor Cesar and his family Daddy was such an awesome dog. I'm really sad.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

RIP Daddy!! You were such a good boy!

He sure lived a nice, long life. I can't believe he was 16. Having just lost my girl, I know how unbelievably hard this is.

Aww he was so gorgeous, not a fan of Cesar but how sad for him

Elite Member

We lost our Lucy one month ago. I cry every day.

aw RIP Daddy. My cat, Monkey, died yesterday. Its a bitch losing a pet.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^I'm so sorry, msdeb. Off topic, but your avatar is fabulous!

I have tears running down my face, as I usually do when I hear about someone losing a beloved companion. It tears me up. I almost can't look at my big dog anymore (in the avatar) without tearing up, because I know what's coming one day. He is around 13 or 14, still plays and runs......but you start to notice they move more slowly, take longer to get up the steps.....and it kills you a little inside every time you do.

I'm so blessed that everyone I work with is an animal nut like me. No one expects you to come to work when a pet dies. You just know Cesar is all torn up. Does anyone else find that they just have to like someone a little bit, even for a second, when you see them emotionally destroyed from losing a pet they loved so much? I don't dislike Cesar, it just seems that for animal lovers there is an understanding that sort of bonds you to someone when they've been through the same loss as you.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest in peace

Daddy was actually Redman's dog. He boarded him with Cesar when he was a pup and then he started becoming the trainer dog. I think after a few years he gave Cesar Daddy because the dog was so well adjusted, and it'd be hard to take him back with all the touring and stuff he does.

Always loved Daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Awww. He was such a good doggy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thread Information