Thread: Problem with my Jack Russell licking the bed

Hi! I'm New Here!

Default Problem with my Jack Russell licking the bed

Hi can anyone help me with this problem that I have with my 3 year old Jack Russell , Lucy Lou Rose.

she has a problem about licking the bed untile she has the sheets wet. I thought that it is becasue of the sent of my husband. Let me back up a little. Lucy always sleeps with me, because my husband stays on the road working a lot. She does not like for anyone to lay next to me. she will push her way between me and who ever it is. My grand kids or my husband she don't care. When my husband comes home that is when she will start to lick the bed at night untile she has a wet spot . She does not only do this whne he is home she also does this when one of the grandkids are spending the night and sleeping with me.

I do not know why she is doing this or how to stop her. It's like sleeping with someone that wets the bed.

HELP

Katkettris

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I don't know why your dog is doing this, but how about trying a distract and redirect method? Each time you catch the dog licking the bed make a loud noise and give them a particular toy to occupy them instead. It may be a long process, but if it ultimately stops this behaviour then its worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I don't know why your dog is doing this, but how about trying a distract and redirect method? Each time you catch the dog licking the bed make a loud noise and give them a particular toy to occupy them instead. It may be a long process, but if it ultimately stops this behaviour then its worth a try.
    Good suggestion - startle her with a loud noise and a firm "no." Distract her with something else (eg a chew toy) and then praise and reward her when she goes to the chew toy instead. Keep repeating this - it may take a while but you will get there.

Ask your vet for advice. They've heard it all and are familiar with canine ritual and grooming behaviors.

Thread Information