Thread: Trial to begin for woman who pierced kittens

Default Trial to begin for woman who pierced kittens

A northeastern Pennsylvania woman goes on trial today on charges of piercing the bodies of three stray cats to sell them as "Gothic kittens" online, The Times-Leader of Wilkes-Barres reports. Holly Crawford, 35, of Ross Township, is accused of cruelty to animals and criminal conspiracy.

Prosecutors say humane officers and state police who searched Crawford's home last year seized three kittens with ear, neck and tail piercings. At least one had a ring on its tail used to prevent blood flow, causing the tail eventually to fall off, the newspaper says.
    Crawford's attorney on Monday told the court there was no evidence she acted "wantonly and maliciously."
    "Why is it a crime to pierce a cat's ears?" attorney John Pike said.
    Crawford allegedly pierced the ears and necks of the 2-month-old kittens and tried to sell them on the Internet as "Gothic kittens," The Times-Leader writes.

A year ago, she told the AP that she didn't see a difference between piercing a cat or a human.
    "When I did it, it wasn't with any cruel intentions," she said. "They were definitely loved, well fed, no fleas, clipped nails. And they were happy."
    She said she used sterilized needles and made sure they weren't bleeding.

Woman accused of piercing 3 cats to sell as 'Gothic kittens' -

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

A year ago, she told the AP that she didn't see a difference between piercing a cat or a human.

FFS! Has this woman had a lobotomy? A human can make the decision to undergo the piercing process. It is their choice. And never mind all the problems that piercing a cat's ears and tail can cause them as they grow. Their ears are very sensitive and delicate and the studs/bars/whatever she used could easily become snagged or caught during normal scratching or activities and tear the ear. A cat's tail is also equally sensitive and damage can affect their balance. One of mine has a bad kink in her tail (probably from abuse before she was dumped as a kitten and I took her in). As she still has sensation in it beyond the point of the original injury the vet is reluctant to do anything to try and straighten it and the only option we were offered was amputation which, as it doesn't appear to be painful, we decided against. However, she isn't as adept at balancing and the usual cat-acrobatics as the others are and I have noticed something similar in a friend's cat who had to have a partial tail amputation following an accident.

I hope this miserable fucktard takes a slamming in court.

I cannot believe this woman doesn't see this as abuse. Cats are highly sensitive creatures,and and need their ears and tail to be able to function normally. Shit,just look at that poor baby in that picture. Does he/she look happy to have heavy barbell earrings in its ears,making them droop so far down that they are almost covering its eyes? Not to mention the gigantic holes that will be left behind after those ugly ass things are removed.

Also,can anyone tell me just how the hell one pierces a cats neck? That sounds too horrific to be believed. This IS animal abuse,and is just downright torture. Fuck that crazy bitch.

A little more information on this story - this sick bitch also fastened bands around some kitten's tails to cut off the blood flow and cause them to drop off.

Gothic kittens: Holly Crawford, accused of piercing cats then selling them online, goes on trial for animal cruelty | Mail Online

Hell is too good for this fucking cow!

Oh please, this is no different than people who get their dogs ear's clipped and their tails docked.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I would like to pierce her little bit and see if she likes when my work makes her parts die off.

She is disgusting and stupid.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

fgg

my cousin is a tattoo artist and tattooed his dog's stomach. we are not close (i saw the picture on facebook) and was very tempted to call someone, anyone about it but i didn't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Oh please, this is no different than people who get their dogs ear's clipped and their tails docked.
    which is also barbaric and pointless.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Yes, but people who do it aren't charged with crimes.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yes, but people who do it aren't charged with crimes.
    Tail docking/ear cropping is already illegal in many countries. Hopefully, the US will catch up some day.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    which is also barbaric and pointless.
    And illegal in some countries.
    "Well isn't that special"

House arrest given in kitten case

Holly Crawford was convicted of animal cruelty for docking tails, piercing necks and ears of kittens.

By Sheena Delazio
    Staff Writer

WILKES-BARRE – A Ross Township woman convicted in the “gothic kittens” case, in which prosecutors say she docked the tails and pierced the necks and ears of several kittens, was sentenced Monday to house arrest.
    [IMG]http://media.timesleader.com/images/300*364/Crawford_04-13-2010_KDDJR14.jpg[/IMG]

Holly Crawford, 35, was sentenced to one year in the county’s Intermediate Punishment Program by Luzerne County Judge Tina Polachek Gartley.
    Polachek Gartley ordered Crawford to serve the first six months of house arrest with an electronic monitor and to serve a one-year, three-month term of probation.

During the time of her sentence, Polachek Gartley said, Crawford is prohibited from doing business at her grooming shop, Pawside Parlor, and is not allowed to have any more animals than the three cats, three snakes and dog she now owns.

“We’re very pleased with the sentence,” said Crawford’s attorney, Jeffrey Conrad, who took on the case after Crawford sought out new counsel after her February trial.

In February, a Luzerne County jury found Crawford guilty of one count of cruelty to animals.

Prosecutors say Crawford was charged after humane officers and state police searched Crawford’s home on Dec. 17, 2008, and seized three kittens with ear, neck and tail piercings. At least one of the kittens had a ring on its tail used to prevent blood flow, causing the tail to fall off in time.

Conrad said he found Crawford’s case interesting and decided to defend Crawford because she was only trying to “beautify” the kittens.

But Luzerne County Deputy District Attorney David Pedri said: “Our office recognizes this was a crime and cruelty to animals from day one. Twelve people in that jury box unanimously agreed.”

Pedri said he felt Crawford’s sentence was appropriate, as she could have faced six months in prison.

Crawford’s extensive prior record caused a great deal of conversation Monday among Polachek Gartley, Conrad and Pedri.

Polachek Gartley said that in a pre-sentence investigation done by the Adult Probation Department, Crawford had been arrested 17 times and convicted of shoplifting, driving under the influence, delivery of a controlled substance, theft by unlawful taking, criminal conspiracy and possession with intent to deliver heroin.

Crawford told the judge she has been rehabilitated and off drugs for approximately five years and decided to turn her life around by creating her business and embracing her love of pets.

“I had no idea what I was dong was a crime,” Crawford told Polachek Gartley. “It was wrong, and I’ll never do it again.”

Pedri requested that Crawford’s Web site, gothickittens.net, be taken off the Internet, as Crawford had gained “fame” from her case and asked for donations to help her appeal.

Polachek Gartley ultimately granted Pedri’s request and ordered the site, which includes a video of the pierced kittens, be taken down.
    House arrest given in kitten case | The Times Leader, Wilkes-Barre, PA
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Poor kitties

They should have taken her other pets away as well.

Thread Information