Thread: Super fat cats

Thumbs down Super fat cats

OMG! How long can they live??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Apparently there are people who think it's cute to let their cat get this fat.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

There is one of these cats at a place where I work, that cat cries all the time for food. It is so irratating. But he's been on a diet for around a year now and lost a bit of weight. His skin looks all baggy. Apparently he was a stray and was adopted from Humane society and had a problem overeating.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

People who allow their cats to get this heavy should be shot. It's one thing for humans to consciously overeat and see the effects of what they are doing and keep making that choice if that's what they want to do; it's another thing to allow it to happen to a pet.

I have four cats and one of them is huge like these ones are - 23 pounds to be exact. I don't feed him any more than I do the other ones; they all have measured portions. The vet doesn't even know why he's fat, he just is.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I have four cats and one of them is huge like these ones are - 23 pounds to be exact. I don't feed him any more than I do the other ones; they all have measured portions. The vet doesn't even know why he's fat, he just is.
    Can it be thyroid problems? At least people get fat because of that.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

I had one like this as well. He was the largest of his litter and was always just, big. After he was neutered he ballooned into a 28 pound monster. He didn't eat more than the other cat I had. He was even more active.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

i know it's unhealthy for the poor kittehs but those pictures made me
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My poor cat's only 1.5kg over his 'ideal weight' of 4kg, almost skinny compared to those cats and he's just been diagnosed with diabetes. It's manageable at least, but he's going to need twice daily insulin injections, probably for the rest of his life. (which is likely to be shortened) The vet blames his weight, so these poor cats are possibly doomed!

It's hard with cats though because they tend to be so sneaky. We had Frodo on a diet for 8 months with no real results until we discovered he was stealing the dog food out of the bag whenever he fancied a snack. Then when we locked that away he figured out how to get into the kitchen cupboards!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

this is fucking gross and disgusting! this is like photographing animal cruelty & abuse!!

I adopted a Maine Coon (sp?)cat from the SPCA about a year and half ago. She is enormous. Over 25 lbs. AND she's longer haired, so she looks like a freaking mountain lion.

She has seen at least 2 vets since I have adopted her and both have said she's just a 'big cat'...that some Maine Coons are on the bigger side and she is one of them. She IS on a strict diet though, as they don't want her to get any bigger. And holy shit does she bug the hell out of me for food. And if you don't feed her IMMEDIATELY when you get up in the morning there is hell to pay......I'm not kidding.

Love that damn cat.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah but Maine Coons are supposed to be big lynnie! i love those things and i have a large stray cat who is long and big-boned and he's 15-17lbs. and he too gained weight after being neatuered and losing his brother when they were a year old but these cats are just obese! they are not very big boned/long and they have huge fat bellies (their fat isn't distributed) so thats why it makes me upset. I also get upset when i see dogs like this.

people always mistake my cat for a dog and when he walks on me in the middle of the night i swear its a small child and he scared the shit out of the stupid DirectTV guy this weekend

Thread Information