Thread: Horny tawny's hoots spark fury

Default Horny tawny's hoots spark fury

Twixx the tawny owl is looking for a mate and doesn't care who knows it.
    He's been calling out for female company from his cage at the bottom of the garden every night for some considerable time now.
    The pet owl's efforts have been rewarded by the attentions of a wild female - but they've also attracted the wrath of his owner's neighbours.

Twoo noisy: Twixx flapping around in his cage at Hedge End, Hampshire. His night calls have attracted the attention of a wild female

She has been warned that Twixx must pipe down - or be moved to another home where his hooting won't keep everyone awake.
    But finding somewhere for him to go will not be easy - Twixx, at 12 years old, is rather old for an owl - and owner Wendy Whitfield fears she may have to put him down.
    The 61-year-old bird lover, who has owned owls for 20 years, is furious with the council's ruling on Twixx - saying she has never had any problems before. She said: 'Twixx calls to see if there are any other owls in the area and there is one female who talks to him quite a bit.
    'She sits in a tree near to Twixx's cage and he does appear to let out a mating call, which she responds to. Unfortunately, he can never be let out because he wouldn't know how to survive in the wild.

Owner Wendy Whitfield has been warned that Twixx must pipe down - or be moved to another home where his hooting won't keep everyone awake

'If we can't have him rehomed we either have him put down or go to court and take our chances with a fine. That wouldn't solve the problem anyway, so I'd still be forced to get rid of him.
    'He's so old that that he's not any use to anyone really.'
    Twixx lives in a cage at the bottom of Mrs Whitfield's garden in Hedge End, Hampshire, which backs on to a block of flats.
    Some flat residents complained to Eastleigh Borough Council - which has ordered Mrs Whitfield to remove Twixx or face a 5,000 fine.
    The council said: 'We have a statutory obligation to investigate all noise complaints.'

Bleak future for Twixx the sex-starved owl who wakes the neighbours hooting for a mate | Mail Online

just let them fuck! what's the problem
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ Agreed.
    "Sometimes, I find a finger works just as well."

I got angry the first time I read this. Why doesn't she just let him go rather than put him to sleep? At least he has a chance in the wild. And why does she have an owl in the first place? Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I got angry the first time I read this. Why doesn't she just let him go rather than put him to sleep? At least he has a chance in the wild. And why does she have an owl in the first place? Poor thing.
    Yes, why does she have him in the first place? That's just cruel to keep him isolated. Of course, I think keeping birds in cages really sucks anyway, regardless of the type of bird.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Yes, why does she have him in the first place? That's just cruel to keep him isolated. Of course, I think keeping birds in cages really sucks anyway, regardless of the type of bird.
    Yeah, birds should be free... But maybe it's a rescue bird who can't survive in the wild? Let's hope so because I don't want to hear about someone who breeds owls as pets. She says, "Unfortunately, he can never be let out because he wouldn't know how to survive in the wild."

I agree with the rest, if he gets laid I'm sure he'll be quiet... for awhile.
    "Well isn't that special"

Thread Information