Thread: Oprah Winfrey adopts

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Oprah Winfrey adopts

Oprah Gets Two New Dogs for Her Birthday!

Courtesy of Oprah Winfrey

Oprah sure knows how to treat herself — she celebrated her 56th birthday on Jan. 29 with two new family members, 14-week-old springer spaniel siblings Sunny and Lauren!

Introducing them to her studio audience, the daytime doyenne said, "I did decide, though, to get myself a little birthday gift this year. Actually, I thought I'd get myself two," she said. "I want you to meet my two new babies."
    And babies make five for Oprah, who has long been a loud and proud mom to her furry loved ones. She told her audience that Sunny and Lauren were the first springer spaniels in her brood.

The pups came from Chicago's PAWS, a no-kill shelter where she also met Sadie, a blonde cocker spaniel she adopted last year. She asked the shelter for help finding the springer spaniels. "They just arrived in time for my birthday," Oprah said. "They could have been euthanized if they weren't adopted. Can you believe that? And now they're gonna go home with me."

The world's luckiest dogs not only found a fabulous new home, but they also got special gifts to celebrate Oprah's birthday and their homecoming — sparkly crystal pink collars!
    _______

I loathe puppy mills and it's nice to see she found her new babies from PAWS.

I'm not a fan of Oprah's but this does send a nice message and maybe California will stop the over breeding of chihuahuas and start adopting them from shelters and places like PAWS

I too am glad she got rescues instead of dogs from breeders. But I can't understand her obsession with this breed, they are some of the dumbest, bitiest dogs there are.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I'm not an Oprah fan, but she's setting a great example by adopting from a rescue org. Hopefully all of her disciples will follow her example.

They are so cute!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Cute.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

I wish our country would make puppy mills illegal.

ManxMouse yeah I have a few scars from a cocker named Snuggles "oh Snuggles won't bite" While I love dogs I'm not fond of that breed either.

On the other hand our vet said "shar-pei's were dangerous dogs" my granddoggys are over the rainbow now but they were the best dogs ever. .. sigh.

Well-she can afford a live-in dog trainer if need be. They look worth the risk! My new rescue is a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel-just the sweetest thing.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Look, they all have matching hair styles.

Those puppies are so cute.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I'm not an Oprah fan, but she's setting a great example by adopting from a rescue org. Hopefully all of her disciples will follow her example.
    I know a woman who would otherwise never dream of adopting a shelter dog (if you pay lots for it, it must be better, of course), but she does whatever The Oprah dictates without fail. She'll probably go out and adopt two shelter dogs now that The Oprah has done it.

Whatever gets dogs good homes, I guess.

Aww cute pups

Thread Information