Thread: Macaw Parrot Kept in Parakeet Cage in Closet For 17 Years!

Unhappy Macaw Parrot Kept in Parakeet Cage in Closet For 17 Years!

This video is from a year ago, but I had to post it. So many people seem to think that animals are disposable, especially birds.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YtfpWBqp6s[/YOUTUBE] Many people are surprised that these parrots require nearly as much attention as a small child. I am not saying this does not happen with other animals, however people seem to think they are more disposable since they are "birds". They are a great responsibility, but can bring so much joy.

I don't necessarily believe parrots staying in a cage for a few hours is going to lead them to plucking like that..but parrots should be out most of the day. As she mentioned they aren't our pets but "companions" for life.

That is so sad. At least she has a good home now and doesn't have to suffer anymore.

Aw this heartbreaking!!!! 17 years!!!

How awesome that someone took care of her and spent so much time and money to get her well. Thanks for posting.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

How that bird did not go utterly insane is beyond me. Macaws, parrots, and other birds of their ilk have the emotional development of a 3 year old, and are extremely intelligent.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Poor parrot! How could anyone be so stupidly cruel??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I can't watch the vid, it would break my heart. What a sad existence. If you don't want the bird, how hard is it to give it away to someone who does? Does not compute.

I hope his new life makes up for those lost years.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

This made me cry.
    Poor thing didn't even know how to flap her wings.
    I'm so happy that this Parrot has a great life now.
    mama mia*
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward

I don't understand why they just did not give the bird away sooner.

I will not watch the video, I can't...I will lose it.

I keep small birds, budgies, and a lovebird. And a singing finch, but he isn't a hookbill nor of the parrot species.

I can tell you that our little budgies and our lovebird are extremely intelligent and sensitive...I have kept birds for years and I know that they are every bit as intelligent as their larger cousins.

I can't watch, read or hear of cruelty to birds, and other animals.

Birds especially. I'd like to take the SOB that I didn't read about and shove him or her into a cage that would suitably fit a chihuahua, hook it to a vehicle, and take him or her for a nice ride over all the pot holes of Montreal. Hopefully, people would laugh at the caged, cruel human and throw things at it. Rotten tomatoes, of course, and not knives.

I believe that birds are the creatures who are closest to the gateway to the next world, and to hurt an animal such as this is an outrage. They are to be loved, revered and appreciated, not hurt.

I believe all animals are psychic, far more so than humans are. How is it that cats and dogs know when a storm is coming? How is it that certain dogs can literally smell cancer from a beloved owner's body, or sense when a human owner is about to have an epilectic seizure?

Anyone who hurts such a being is going to be paid back via karma.

Don't do it! Got frustrations, take it out on a human, specifically the mother-in-law if you've got a nasty one.

The video is fine, it's just that lady with the bird on her should yacking for 10 mins while the bird pecks at her head or nibbles on her necklace.

Btw, dogs and cats have senses of smell and hearing a few thousand times what we're capable of. It's not surprising they can smell cancer, or detect things before they happen. They can probably hear/feel a tremor coming from miles away.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information