Thread: Animal lovers rally for 'justice' for dog that was dragged to death

Angry Animal lovers rally for 'justice' for dog that was dragged to death

There is a pic of the dog at the link, I won't post it here as obviously it is very upsetting

.................................................. ...................................

Authorities have arrested and charged Steven Clay Romero for dragging to death a dog near the Colorado National Monument.
    The dog, a German shepherd mix named "Buddy," was allegedly forced by Romero to run roughly 3 miles up steep terrain before collapsing, as mentioned on dscriber last week.
    The dog's carcass was discovered by officials with a rope around its neck on a snowy road.
    Romero, of Fruita, was arrested over the New Year's weekend in Grand Junction, and now faces charges of aggravated cruelty towards animals.
    Meanwhile, "Demand Justice for Buddy," is circulating an online petition calling for a maximum sentence: "We the undersigned urge the court in Denver, Colorado to give Steven Clay Romero, the man charged in the dragging death on December 30, 2009 of a German Shepherd named Buddy behind his truck for three miles the maximum penalty of three years in federal prison, $100,000 fine and one year probation for this horrific crime. Do not let this crime go unpunished for the horrible death of an innocent dog. Given Mr. Romero's past criminal record, we feel he is a menace to society and this dragging death is only the beginning of what could lead to future unimaginable and tragic consequences."
    Marylou Randour, a staff psychologist for the Humane Society of the United States, said on Facebook that the act was that of "someone who has no compassion or empathy for any living creatures." She added, "He may not have been angry at all. He may have done it for kicks -- to torture an animal in an elaborate and detailed way."
    Randour, who has studied animal abusers for years, said a recent study of 43,000 people found that those with drug problems and mental-health problems are most likely to engage in animal cruelty.

Animal lovers rally for 'justice' for dog that was dragged to death | dscriber

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Do I even need to say what I want done to this worthless pice of shit? Before anyone criticizes the animal supporters over making such a huge deal when "it's just a dog" they should take another look about that dog that saved the kid from a cougar, risking his own life in the process. No one was saying it was "just a dog" then, were they?

**I know no one here would be nonchalant about it, I meant the public in general.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this fat fuck gets his balls chopped off and shoved down his throat.

I swear I hate people more and more each time I read a story like this. I am just so sick and tired of the minimal punishment people get for animal abuse. It's enough to drive me crazy.

Romero pleads guilty in dog’s dragging death

Steven Romero pleaded guilty Thursday to a federal charge of aggravated animal cruelty in connection with the death of Buddy, a stolen German shepherd mix who was dragged to his death behind a pickup truck in the Colorado National Monument.
    While the charge carries a maximum sentence of up to three years in prison and a $100,000 fine, it was expected that prosecutors would offer a reduced sentence in exchange for his guilty plea.
    Buddy was found dead on Dec. 30. Romero is accused of putting a rope around the dog’s neck and driving until the dog was dead.
    Romero, 38, will remain in custody until his sentencing, scheduled for July 30, according to 9News.
    “It’s a good day for animal lovers and I’m happy to see this happen. It was the right thing for him to do to accept responsibility,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Michelle Meyer said.
    Prosecutors say Romero’s sister, 32-year-old Melissa Lockhart, stole the pup from a pickup truck in Fruita and told him to “get rid” of it. Lockhart faces a felony charge for lying to investigators. She will appear in court on May 10 in Grand Junction.
    A Facebook page was created in the wake of Buddy’s death. It is called “Demand Justice for Buddy” and has more than 260,000 members around the world.

Romero pleads guilty in dog’s dragging death | ohmidog!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Romero pleads guilty in dog’s dragging death

Steven Romero pleaded guilty Thursday to a federal charge of aggravated animal cruelty in connection with the death of Buddy, a stolen German shepherd mix who was dragged to his death behind a pickup truck in the Colorado National Monument.
    While the charge carries a maximum sentence of up to three years in prison and a $100,000 fine, it was expected that prosecutors would offer a reduced sentence in exchange for his guilty plea.
    Buddy was found dead on Dec. 30. Romero is accused of putting a rope around the dog’s neck and driving until the dog was dead.
    Romero, 38, will remain in custody until his sentencing, scheduled for July 30, according to 9News.
    “It’s a good day for animal lovers and I’m happy to see this happen. It was the right thing for him to do to accept responsibility,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Michelle Meyer said.
    Prosecutors say Romero’s sister, 32-year-old Melissa Lockhart, stole the pup from a pickup truck in Fruita and told him to “get rid” of it. Lockhart faces a felony charge for lying to investigators. She will appear in court on May 10 in Grand Junction.
    A Facebook page was created in the wake of Buddy’s death. It is called “Demand Justice for Buddy” and has more than 260,000 members around the world.

Romero pleads guilty in dog’s dragging death | ohmidog!
    Why the fuck did that cunt steal a dog she didn't even need to have and then tell someone to get rid of it??????
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Why the fuck did that cunt steal a dog she didn't even need to have and then tell someone to get rid of it??????
    Who knows, but I hope someone shoves a stick of dynamite up her ass.

Thread Information