Thread: 'Bait dog’ was left to die, animal rescue workers say

Unhappy 'Bait dog’ was left to die, animal rescue workers say

Animal Rescue League
    Turtle getting some much-needed sleep.
    By Abbie Ruzicka, Globe Correspondent

A severely wounded and hypothermic dog, believed to be a "bait dog" used to test other dogs' fighting instincts, was found abandoned and motionless near a busy Hyde Park road Monday night, according to the Animal Rescue League of Boston.
    The dog, a female pit bull around 3 years old, was found by an animal control officer, curled in a ball and shivering with open wounds all over it, next to Smithfield Road near Turtle Park Parkway around 10:30 p.m. Monday.

A passerby who called 911 to report the dog, which rescuers named Turtle, returned to the scene to help an animal control officer search for the animal, which was found in a wooded area next to the road, said Lieutenant Alan Borgal, director of the Center for Animal Protection.
    Borgal said that when he arrived on scene, he immediately knew the dog was used as a bait dog because of the type of wounds and the severity of her scars. The dog also had makeshift sutures where its owner had tried to sew old wounds, and its ears had been cropped for fighting, Borgal said.
    "I've been working in this business for 35 years, and I'm just shocked that this dog was dumped to die," he said.

Members of the Animal Rescue League brought the dog to Tufts Veterinary Hospital in Walpole, where her wounds were cleaned and she was given antibiotics and fluids, Animal Rescue League spokeswoman Jennifer Wooliscroft said. The dog had a high fever and was covered in fleas, she said.
    "I don't think she would have survived even a few more hours if she hadn't been found," Wooliscroft said.
    Debby Vogel, of the Animal Rescue League of Boston, said the dog showed no signs of aggression when they found her and was whimpering on the car ride to the hospital.
    "She was scared, sore, and cold. You could see in her eyes that she was in pain," she said.
    When the dog is done with treatment at the veterinary hospital sometime this week, she will be released to the Animal Rescue League of Boston, where she will work with behavioral veterinarians and must be quarantined for around six months because of her bite wounds, Vogel said.

‘Bait dog’ was left to die, animal rescue workers say - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe

Sometimes humans break my heart....I hope she gets better and find someone
    to love her the way she should...

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
    Sometimes humans break my heart....I hope she gets better and find someone
    to love her the way she should...
    It's all the time for me. It's horrendous how cruel humans can be. There has to be an extra hot part of hell reserved just for people who abuse animals,and that's exactly where they belong.

Once again, I need to say "Die, Die, Die" to the motherfucker(s) that did this.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    It's all the time for me. It's horrendous how cruel humans can be. There has to be an extra hot part of hell reserved just for people who abuse animals,and that's exactly where they belong.
    What really gets me is the arrogance of humans who will read shit like this and still insist they are 'better' than animals.

One Clorox enema coming up!!!!
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

This is horrific but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I thought it was going to be about the ones that are used to bait sharks.

Poor baby! This makes me sick, I love pitties, they're such sweet and loyal dogs. God, I just want to give her a big hug!

Animal abusers need to start getting the same extra loving welcome to prison that child molesters get.

This story just makes me sick to my stomach. The people who did this to her are the worst kind of monsters.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Yes, there are horrible people.. but there are also good people, like the one that reported the dog and the people taking care of her.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I hope the person responsible for this dies a slow and very painful death. Fucking bastards.
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Thread Information