This curious dog had to be rescued by firefighters yesterday after getting her head wedged inside a tumble dryer vent.
Staffordshire terrier Daisy became trapped for over an hour after she poked her head into a six-inch-round hole in the wall of the utility room at her owners' home in St Neots, Cambridgeshire.
As she peered into the wall cavity her head became stuck fast, leaving her body in the utility room.
Oops-a-Daisy: The Staffordshire terrier had to be rescued by firefighters after getting her head trapped in a six-inch-round tumble dryer vent
As she struggled to escape her head swelled, and it became impossible for her owners to pull her free, forcing them to call firefighters to the scene.
Crews used small hand tools to chip away at the wall around her neck until several bricks could be removed.
They carefully monitored Daisy throughout the rescue and administered oxygen to keep her calm.
Rescue: Firefighter Paul Oliver got an appreciative lick of thanks from Daisy after her ordeal
After 30 minutes she was finally free, unharmed by the experience except for a few scratches to her face.
Kevin Napier, watch manager at St Neots Fire Station, said: 'This was quite an unusual incident for us.
'Due to the swelling of Daisy's head while she had been struggling, there was no way she would have been able to free herself.
'This rescue required patience from the crews with the dog's head being in such a precarious position to the brickwork being removed.
'Oxygen was administered to the distressed animal and bricks were carefully removed from the external wall of the utility room.
'This was done with extreme caution, with the welfare of the dog monitored at all time throughout the rescue.
'Once through to the internal breeze block wall we were then able to assess the full extent of the entrapment and begin to remove further masonry from the cavity, making space all the time.
'After approximately 30 minutes Daisy was successfully released from the wall.
'Considering her ordeal, she even gave us all lots of licks to say thank you,' he added.
'She has now been checked over by a vet and given a clean bill of health.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225201/Dial-Canine-nine-Dog-rescued-firefighters-trapping-head-brick-wall.html#ixzz0W8ookcT5