Thread: Get active! Get "fur-free!"

Default Get active! Get "fur-free!"

Here I am on my soapbox again...I got this email from PETA and of course I am taking action. I took out the stuff in the e-mail that I found upsetting!

From http://www.furisdead.com:

We need your immediate help to stop the carnage taking place on fur farms around the world.

PETA is launching a campaign to sign up consumers everywhere to say "NO!" to fur! Our goal is to get 75,000 people to take the pledge by March 5.

You can do three things RIGHT NOW to help us meet our goal and expose these cruel and barbaric atrocities—and ultimately close down the international fur trade:
    Why PETA Is Asking You to Sign the Pledge

You may wonder why we're asking you to take this pledge when you don't even buy or wear fur. Or do you? You see, this isn't just about fur coats. This is about all the other ways that fur is creeping into our daily lives—right now—often without us even knowing it.

I'm talking about that toy you purchased for your cat at the pet-supply store. Or those little tassels on a pair of gloves.

You see, the fur industry is so desperate to push its cruel wares that it has even stooped to lying to unsuspecting consumers, intentionally mislabeling fur garments as fake—or as coming from rabbits or other animals, when they're actually from cats and dogs. The fact is that it takes expensive DNA tests to prove what kind of animal was killed to make every piece of fur trim, coat collar, glove lining, cat toy, or furry trinket. As you can imagine, these tests are rarely if ever done.

That's why it's up to consumers like you and me to pay close attention to what we buy, to question retailers about their supposedly fake-fur products, to pledge never to buy any product that could potentially contain real fur, and to spread the word to our friends, family, coworkers, and acquaintances.
    PETA is leading the fight against the fur trade, and we're making significant progress—including getting major retailers such as J.Crew, Wet Seal, and others to pull fur from their stores forever. Our undercover investigations into the nightmarish world of fur farms are prompting millions to learn the truth about fur. But none of what we do is possible without your support. As you add your name to those of thousands of others who are saying "no" to the fur industry's attempts to creep into our everyday lives, please also consider making a gift to support PETA's unique and vital work to end this abuse!

Very truly yours,

Ingrid E. Newkirk
    President

Default Re: Get active! Get "fur-free!"

Reading about this made me want to burn my allegedly faux fur stuffed animals. Or call up the manufacturing companies and demand answers.

I am a PETA member.

TFP miss_perfect.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by prnjcq7
    I am a PETA member.

TFP miss_perfect.
    I must say, judging from your PETA membership and Joaquin avatar, you have excellent taste!

Thread Information