Thread: Daddy Chihuahua leads family to safety

Default Daddy Chihuahua leads family to safety

A daddy dog with a deformed leg led his family of nine to safety this week along the shoulder of a busy highway during rush-hour traffic, officials said.
    His destination: Animal Care Services.
    “Animals come in every single day,” whether they're picked up or dropped off, said Lisa Norwood, ACS spokeswoman. “In this particular case, they brought themselves in.”
    An ACS employee and a volunteer caught sight of the pack of Chihuahua mixes Wednesday around 5 p.m., Norwood said.
    From the shoulder of a bustling Texas 151, the patriarch of the family led an older female dog and seven puppies down a grassy slope and to the gate of ACS, located along the frontage road of the highway.
    The leader has a cloven leg — likely a birth defect caused by inbreeding.
    “He gets along fine and was able to lead his family off of the highway and into the shelter,” Norwood said.
    ACS officials believe someone abandoned the pack along the highway — an illegal act anywhere in Texas. Abandoning an animal is an act of cruelty and a felony if someone throws the creature from a vehicle or into a body of water, Norwood said.
    “Abandoning an animal by a highway is just unconscionable,” Norwood said. “There are so many options, so many shelters in San Antonio.”
    The phenomenon is common in this region, particularly in parks and rural areas, she said.
    In this case, the nine Chihuahuas were suffering from ringworm and mange. Both conditions are treatable, although they could take several months to heal.
    Norwood said ACS has placed the dogs on a special hold in hopes of finding people to adopt them. Officials said those interested should call (210) 207-4738.
    “They're real sweet. A couple of them are just really social,” she said. “This is a perfect reason for folks to come forward and become fosters. Animals like this come in, and they clearly deserve another chance.”

Daddy Chihuahua leads family to safety

aw what a good daddy.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

awww!
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Bless his little heart! I hope they find wonderful homes.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Good dad!!!

This reminds me of another story where a dog got hit by a car and ran to the vet's office.

fgg

animals are amazing! every thread could use a little michael k:

Hot Sluts Of The Day!

The Daddy of the Year (Jon Gosselin, take notes) and his 9 chirruns - Spread this sappy ass story on your hangover, and then yank it off really fast. It will stop the room from spinning and the barfs from traveling up your throat tunnel. It will!

A chihuahua daddy with a deformed leg (awwww) arrived at an Animal Care Services building in Texas with his 9 baby friends (double awww) looking for help. The chihuahua daddy was so determined to get his family to safety that he led all of them across a busy highway even though he has an effed up leg (triple awwwww). Employees at the ACS said this is the first time that a dog actually came in by himself without being brought in by a person or officer (quadruple aww).

The ACS think the dogs were dumped off on the side of the road by some evil doers. All of them are doing fine now even though that have a bad case of mange and ringworm (aka Wino-itis). It will take a few months to treat them, but they will be available for adoption after that.

I hope whoever adopts their asses keeps them all together. Don't force the daddy chihuahua with a deformed leg to make a SOPHIE'S CHOICE.

ACS officials believe someone abandoned the pack along the highway — an illegal act anywhere in Texas. Abandoning an animal is an act of cruelty and a felony if someone throws the creature from a vehicle or into a body of water, Norwood said.
    I wish the good state of Texas would decide to make it a capital offense to do shit like this to poor animals. If any state would, they would - and they'd be quick about it, too.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

What a smart and protective daddy!

I want to take them all home with me. Smaller breeds of dogs are a rarity in our animal shelters, it's usually german shepard/something or other. These would go fast.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I wish the good state of Texas would decide to make it a capital offense to do shit like this to poor animals. If any state would, they would - and they'd be quick about it, too.
    We are already a lot closer than most states! Animal abuse is taken seriously and juries don't mess around. I do look for the death penalty discussion,next bad case. Animals are more treasured here,I think because they helped make Texas Texas. On my way to the grocers, I pass by a field with 2 horses,another with 6 goats and several roosters,then an entire herd of black angus grazing-all unaware of adding joy to so many stressed suburbanites!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Michael K is pretty soft when it comes to dogs

Thread Information