Thread: Couple settles $40K dog dispute

Default Couple settles $40K dog dispute

For now, the $40,000 legal fight about Dexter the dog is over, but one “parent” isn’t happy with a judge’s custody decision.
    On Monday, a judge in Salem, N.J. ordered a former couple to share custody of Dexter, after the pair paid lawyers a ton of money in fees in what was seen as a test case.
    Court Judge John Tomasello said Dexter must spend equal time with Doreen Houseman and Eric Dare.
    Dare told reporters he may appeal the decision.
    Previously, a Superior Court Judge determined that the Dexter was joint property and a suitable arrangement must now be determined.
    There were three options: one “parent” could get full custody or a joint visitation agreement can be decided.
    Dare and Houseman spent 13 years together but never married, and broke up in 2006.

In March, an another court decided pets have a special value beyond being basic property.
    Previously, courts found that a dog or a cat was not a child, but rather a piece of property like a table or a lamp that would be divided in divorce.
    The latest ruling that could change the animals-as-property notion.
    One legal expert interviewed by Fox 29 said the case may set a precedent for courts to look past how much a pet cost, and instead consider the subjective value to the ex-spouses when making a determination.

Couple Settles $40K Dog Dispute

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

It's about damn time. I feel my blood boil and my heart break at the same time when I hear some animals abuser be forced to pay $40 to the pet parent for the 'value' of the animal.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness the court is recognizing the value of pets. I would stay married before I'd give up my dogs, even for weekends. I wouldn't trust that they'd be taken care of properly.

Dark Side of the Moon

Right on about time they saw the way things should be!
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Thread Information