Thread: Dog who was covered in petrol & set alight to face his torturers in court

Default Dog who was covered in petrol & set alight to face his torturers in court

A young dog who made a miracle recovery after being set alight is set to come face-to-face with his torturers in open court.
    After being left for dead, Mambo will appear before a judge and jury in the prosecution of the 17-year-old man and 22-year-old woman who poured petrol over him before setting him alight.
    'It will be like a scene out of a Lassie film,' said Jean Moreau, an animal rights activist in the French city of Perpignan, where the unprecedented trial will take place in December.
    'These despicable people thought they had killed the hero dog, but in fact he will be alive and kicking and helping to bring them to justice.'

Mambo the dog is swathed in bandages to cover the horrific burns which almost claimed his life

The accused, who are charged with extreme animal cruelty, face a possible prison sentence of up to six months, fines of up to 2,000, and a lifetime ban from keeping animals.
    Mambo, a slight chocolate brown crossbreed, suffered third degree burns on 50 per cent of his body in the attack on August 10.
    It took place in the picturesque Pyrenees village of Espira-de-l'Agly, in south-west France.
    Mambo will appear as prosecution evidence, showing off his terrible burns.

It may be that he in fact recognises his tormentors, which could make for a very dramatic court drama, but the main aim is to illustrate what cruelty he suffered.
    Mr Moreau added: 'It is unusual for an animal to appear in court in this matter, but the prosecution believes that Mambo's appearance will have a very powerful effect on all those involved in proceedings.'
    There attack was so vicious that the Perpignan court authorities have already ruled that they should remain anonymous for fear of reprisals.
    'They have cause widespread disgust, and there have already been threats of violence made against them' said a local police spokesman.
    'Mambo was clearly looking for help when he went missing. He approached the pair because he is extremely friendly, but they showed him nothing but cruelty.
    'He was held down by the woman, and then the man poured petrol over him, and set him alight.
    'He was left for dead, but animal aid workers were alerted and managed to save him. He has made an amazing recovery.
    People are so distressed by what happened that 200 marched through the streets of Espira-de-l'Agly village in protest last week.
    The police spokesman said: 'Prosecutors feel that the appearance of Mambo in court will strengthen the case against his persecutors.'
    Mambo is currently in the care of the SPA animal charity in Perpignan while a new home is found for him.
    Gerard Bile, the mayor of Espira-de-l'Agly, said: 'We are already sending the bills to the torturers' families.
    'What happened was grotesque. This hero dog deserves our full admiration.'
    The accused are on bail, and will appear in court with Mambo in December.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1208144/Dog-covered-petrol-set-alight-left-dead-face-torturers-court.html#ixzz0OrksSCOf

Oh my God. I have tears in my eyes as I'm typing this. That poor dog looks in so much pain. I'm sickened by cruelty like this and the punishment seems like a slap on the wrist in comparison to the pain they have inflicted on this poor, defenseless dog.

Poor darling! They deserve the worst.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm with Wiseguy. This absolutely breaks my heart to learn this poor baby had to go through so much. How anyone can do something so despicable is beyond me. This makes me sick...I'm enraged! Hate is a strong word, but god, I hate those fuckers!
    Rock the fuck on!

They should remain anonymous? Hell NO! Posters of their faces should be hung everywhere.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

6 months? 6 fucking months? That is appalling. Kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    They should remain anonymous? Hell NO! Posters of their faces should be hung everywhere.
    That's what I think. People need to know who they are. If they can do this,they are capable of ANYTHING.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That poor baby. Just get rid of these people. Forever. They are a danger to society.

It may be that he in fact recognises his tormentors, which could make for a very dramatic court drama, but the main aim is to illustrate what cruelty he suffered.
    I hope they can keep the dog from seeing these two worthless pieces of shit while in court. He won't feel some personal vindication like a person might - he'll just be afraid.

People that would do this to an animal deserve the worst kind of punishment. There is nothing cruel and unusual enough that could be done to them that would satisfy me. I can only hope whatever they receive is agonizing and that they are labeled pariah and are publically humiliated for the rest of their poor, pitiful lives.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    Ditto. these people should be shamed for their inhumane cruelty and be forced to work lifelong labor hours at shelters cleaning cages and scooping poop.

And what a brave doggy. may he heal well and completely. and thank God for rescuers that come to the aid of these victims and tend to their care.

Those two should be set on fire themselves, see how they like it. Only completely evil people would be capable of this, they need to die.

It's times like these that I wished I believe in heaven and hell so there could be some kind of cosmic justice in the world. There sure as hell is no justice in most of the legal systems in Europe.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Even death is too good for these evil bastards. People really do suck.

Thread Information