Thread: Grooming question

Default Grooming question

Im taking my Sammy to the groomers on Monday. I was quoted $20 for a bath, doggy massage and nail trim. So should I tip the groomer and if so how much do you think is good and reasonable?
    I had to laugh when the girl told me they give the dog a massage. Anyone heard of this. I think its so cute. I can just see my Sammy laying there like a spoiled puppy.
    I refuse to clip his nails after what I did the other day to him. Ill let someone else do that.

Default Re: Grooming question

Fonzarelli doesn't really get groomed---Luckily beagles are low maintenance. However, I used to take him to the groomers to get his nails trimmed. But I don't do that anymore. Fonzarelli HATES IT. Ordinarily he is the most loving dog in the world---but not to people who try to clip his nails, he bites and scratches and pees, I feel sooo bad for him. (and them b/c they're getting scratched, bit, and peed on so I tip them at least $5 just for that.) It's so bad that I take him to the vet now and they have to give him something to call him down and then they do it themselves.

Gold Member

I guess 15 - 20% just like you would anywhere else. If you're worried about nails, try the nail trimmers with the safety bar, they're the red handled pair in the picture. My mom swears by these and refuses to use the guillotine style anymore. There are alot of things that you can get from Foster and Smith to cut down on vet costs, well, if you have over 60 dogs you can.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...1&N=2001&Nty=1

I have a pair of the red handled one. Maybe I should just toughen up and try it again.

Thread Information