Thread: Lost dog's hoarding helps rescuer reunite her with owners

Default Lost dog's hoarding helps rescuer reunite her with owners

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VTF6yXxoHI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

A lot of humans could learn a thing or two about loyalty from a Rottweiler named Ella. Ella's human family, the Kelleys, were in a horrific car accident in Hickman County, Tenn., on July 1. Ella escaped the wreck in good shape physically, but the Kelleys weren't so lucky -- paramedics rushed all five family members (parents Joe and Michelle and their three children) to a nearby hospital.
    Ella was left behind. She remained near the site of the accident for about two weeks, when she was found by a kind rescuer, Kathy Wilkes-Myers. "That's the last spot she saw her family and she was going to stay there," Wilkes-Myers told Nashville's News Channel 5. "She was starved and covered with ticks."
    Wilkes-Myers knew something terrible must have happened to Ella for her to be found without her family. She searched the nearby area and returned home with Ella and a plastic bag full of items the dog had hoarded in a little nest -- the family's toothbrushes, a hairbrush and other personal items. Among the personal effects Wilkes-Myers found was contact information for the Kelleys' insurance agent.
    Wilkes-Myers got in touch with the agent, April Bowers, who immediately knew the lost Rottweiler was the Kelleys' missing Ella. The dog and her family were reunited at last, and -- we confess -- the happy reunion was enough to bring a tear to even our hardened eye. Bonus good news: The Kelleys are all expected to fully recover from their injuries.

Lost dog's hoarding helps rescuer reunite her with owners | L.A. Unleashed | Los Angeles Times

Ah, geez...poor doggie. Wonder why the rescuers (police) didn't take the dog to a shelter or something.

did none of the family in the hospital say "hey, where the fuck is the dog that was in the car?"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^Agree. If that was my dog, I would not be able to sleep at night until I knew it was ok. Even if I was horribly injured, I would be beside myself until I knew it was safe.

This is another example of how loyal and devoted dogs are. Wonderful story.

Poor darling.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

My bag of old books was treated better than this dog after my accident. Unreal.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

So, nobody saw this dog sitting by the accident site for two f'ing weeks? Really? Damn. Glad for the good ending to it.

Wow. Such a caring dog with a big heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    did none of the family in the hospital say "hey, where the fuck is the dog that was in the car?"
    I would have gone back to the accident site and looked for my dog... or if I was too injured, sent someone to search for her...
    Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

They don't deserve her loyalty..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    They probably assumed she had been very badly hurt and had crawled away to die, pets tend to do that.

^^^^They should have checked. The dog was there every day.

Thread Information