Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat catches the bus every day for four years

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Cat catches the bus every day for four years

Casper: He has been making the journey for so long that all First Bus drivers have now been told to look out for him to ensure he gets off at the right stop. Photo: PA

Casper, which is 12 years old, boards the No3 service at 10.55am from outside his home in Plymouth, Devon, and travels the entire 11-mile route before returning home about an hour later.
    On the route, the cat passes an historic dockyard and naval base, a city centre, several suburbs and the city's red light district.
    He has been making the journey for so long that all First Bus drivers have now been told to look out for him to ensure he gets off at the right stop.
    Susan Finden (corr), 65, a care worker who is Casper's owner, said: "Casper has always disappeared for hours at a time but I never understood where he was going.
    "I called him Casper because he had a habit of vanishing like a ghost. But then some of the drivers told me he had been catching the bus.
    "I couldn't believe it at first, but it explains a lot. He loves people and we have a bus stop right outside our house so that must be how he got started - just following everyone on.
    "I used to catch the odd bus too so maybe he saw me and got curious what I was doing.
    "Casper is quite quick for his age so he just hops on to the bus before the doors close. He catches the 10.55am service and likes to sit on the back seat."
    Rob Stonehouse (corr), one of the drivers on the route, said: "He usually just curls up at the back of the bus. Sometimes he nips between people's legs but he never causes any trouble."
    Casper has travelled an estimated 20,000 miles but Mrs Finden says because he is getting old the drivers often have to shuffle him off at the right stop.
    A spokeswoman for First Bus said the firm has put a notice up in the office asking them to look after the non-paying passenger.

Pet cat catches the daily bus for four years - Telegraph

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9mSu3GEgrI[/youtube]

I was wondering why this was in the news again but then found out it's a different cat than the one I remembered! Mystery cat takes regular bus to the shops | Mail Online

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Aren't there also stories of pigeons using the trains on the London Underground as well?

How darling. Smart little thing..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

What a sweet boy!

Haha, nothing like a little cruising to relax.

That's so cute.. Casper's a clever one. It's fascinating how animals can do a Pavlovian type of self-conditioning thing to form a routine like this.

I loved the little meow when he had arrived back at his stop - very cute
    I'm using a lot of oxygen and such I think it's good use of oxygen myself, but of course, I'm a little prejudiced on the matter.

What a great story! Yes, that little meow was very cute. Animals are much more intelligent than we give them credit for.

That's awesome and hysterical, the idea of a cat taking a bus trip every day and just chilling, enjoying the ride and the scenery.

OMG! I want that kitty!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Adorable!!!

My grandmother's dog used to take the bus to go to her summer home. Once he got too old to manage the trip on foot he figured out which bus to take and would just sneak in and out of the bus. My grandparents didn't even know for the longest time. It's weird that he knew where to get off because he was a tiny dog and couldnt' see anything from under the seat but he would get it right.

It's weird to see a cat going on the bus like that just for the hell of it. Cats are usually very attached to the place where they live. I can't picture mine doing something like that at all but then again she gets carsick so it wouldn't be pretty...

That is so funny! I wonder how these animals know where to get off?

My grandmother's dog used to take the bus to go to her summer home. Once he got too old to manage the trip on foot he figured out which bus to take and would just sneak in and out of the bus. My grandparents didn't even know for the longest time. It's weird that he knew where to get off because he was a tiny dog and couldnt' see anything from under the seat but he would get it right.
    Great story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information