Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Hit a cat, I'll hit your kid' upsets town

Default 'Hit a cat, I'll hit your kid' upsets town

A Lodi woman posted a sign with the words, "Hit a cat, I'll hit your kid." Some neighbors said they are concerned their children's lives are being threatened.

"Basically what this is saying is: Hit a cat and I'll hit your kid," said Tina Teixeira.

Teixeira got a lot of attention after she put the sign up in front of her West Elm Street home in Lodi, reported KCRA-TV in Sacramento, Calif.

"You don't want me to hit your kid, so don't hit mine. You hurt mine, that is just like if I went over and ran over your kid. Basically, that is what I was intending," said Teixeira.

Teixeira said she decided to take action after a driver ran over and killed her cat on the bike lane on Friday.

Some parents were outraged over her cardboard note.

"Basically she is threatening to hit people's kids," said neighbor Joann Larsen.

"One parent said that I was psychotic," said Teixeira.

Teixeira said she wanted to shock drivers, not harm their kids.

Teixeira said she knows her sign would upset people but she put it up because she is tired of people driving 65 mph on a 35 mph zone.

She said she noticed some cars slowing down and reading her sign, so she wrote a new sign.

"After burying the cat and calming down a little bit ... (I realized) that it was a little shock value. It got attention for people, so I thought that I would put it in more understanding terms," said Teixeira.

The revised sign reads: "I watch for your kids, so please watch out for mine."

"That is the whole point here is to stop hurting animals," said Teixeira.

Teixeira said she isn't shy about yelling at drivers and even her neighbors. She said she even mentioned she spit on someone to protect her cats.

Only one neighbor wanted to talk about her sign. Others said they wanted to avoid any problems.

"I do like that she changed it," Larsen said.

The animal lover said she can only hope she can keep her cats from losing another life.

Teixeira said some of her feral cats don't like to stay indoors.

She said she hopes her sign will get city leaders to install speed bumps in her neighborhood, which is right near a school.

'Hit A Cat, I'll Hit Your Kid' Upsets Town - Automotive News Story - KCRA Sacramento

I can relate with her....my cat is my child.

I have people that bring their children over and then act as if they expect me to lock my cat up, so she won't hurt their children. I refuse to do so. I always tell everyone with a child that she HATES children, and they need to watch their children. Needless to say, 2 children have been bitten, scratched and scarred.....with my nephew being one of them. My cat doesn't attack unless her space is encroached, or they pull and tug at her, so it's always the children that the parents refuse to watch.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post

I have people that bring their children over and then act as if they expect me to lock my cat up, so she won't hurt their children. I refuse to do so. I always tell everyone with a child that she HATES children, and they need to watch their children. Needless to say, 2 children have been bitten, scratched and scarred.....with my nephew being one of them. My cat doesn't attack unless her space is encroached, or they pull and tug at her, so it's always the children that the parents refuse to watch.
    I agree with you.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the neighborhood goes out of its way to run over her feral cats that she lets roam around.

Stupid bint.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Gotta agree with this too. My house is the cats' house. This is where they live 24/7. Some are timid and will hide when company comes over, some are very friendly. Just don't tease or hurt them and everyone can co-exist just fine (unless you have cat allergies). Children should be taught to respect animals.

We've gotten to the point where we don't do anything. You come over, there are cats and a dog. There is hair, slobber, etc. We don't put the dog out and we don't lock the cats up....don't like it???? don't come over!!

^ I feel the same way.

I still catch shit from my sister in law because my nephew has a scar down the side of his face.

I always get shitty right back and remind her that had she been watching her child, he wouldn't have been in MY bedroom, under my bed, pulling my cat by the tail.

It normally shuts her up for a couple months.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^But Sweetie! Why should she have to be bothered with watching her child? Your whole world should bend to cater to her and her spawn, especially you, you childless shrew!
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

If she cared about her cat as much as she says, perhaps she should've kept it inside. Cats left outside in suburbia are at risk of being run over, bitten by a wild animal, not to mention fleas & ticks too. As a rule, an inside cat can live over a decade longer than an outside one. If her cat was like her kid, she wouldn't have put it at the mercy of drivers.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

My cat IS my daughter! And everyone knows it too. Everyone worships the ground her paws tread on too, she's just that much fun. She's so good natured though, she loves everyone; kids, adults and ESPECIALLY boys/men. I love my cat to bits and pieces. She is such a piece of my heart.

Ok, sorry for the gushy moment. I just had to brag about my baby.

I never had to worry about that. My cat would take off whenever I had guests over and I wouldn't see him again until a few hours after they left. He was such a monster - he would be curled up beside me and as soon as the doorbell rang, he was off like a light. I would never even see him go, I would just look and he was gone, hiding somewhere. I don't even know where he would hide. He was totally antisocial except with me, he couldn't leave me alone. He was my baby.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Teixeira? Her name reeks of Pah-gen-tray. But there are no y's in there, so I'm sure she's only a runner up.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Excuse me? She's psychotic? What about those kids who hit cats? What about their parents?

My cats are my babies. If anyone hurts them, he's got a deal with me. And I hit hard.

Tina rocks, I'd do the same as her.

I thought she was talking about people in cars accidentally running over her stupid feral cats.

Is she talking about people's children abusing animals? Her stupid message is muddled. Crazy cat lady FAIL.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

actually teixeira sounds like a portuguese last name to me.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information