A dog had to be taken to the vet after eating a Homer Simpson toy.

Dixie the dog with vet Alison Hamel and the removed Homer Simpson toy Photo: SCOTLAND NEWS



X-rays taken at the surgery reveal a clear image of the toy inside the intestine of the collie-dalmatian cross.
Victoria Keir, Dixie the dog's owner, said once she saw the X-ray she realised the pet had eaten a chocolate Kinder Surprise egg with a plastic toy Homer inside.
The 42-year-old, from Aberdeen, said: "Dixie must have seen it on the table and gulped it down - she loves chocolate.

"She became very ill."
Dixie, ten, is recovering following surgery to remove the toy at the PDSA's hospital in the city.
Surgeon Alison Hamel said: "It is an unusual case."
Last month a vet at another PDSA branch in Plymouth, Devon revealed they had removed a 3cm-long fishing hook and wire from the throat of a dog after the animal had tried to eat a mackerel.
And last year a Great Dane puppy had to be taken to the vets after swallowing a two-foot long stick.
Hector, a Great Dane puppy, got the 62cm conifer branch lodged between his neck and his stomach while playing in his garden in Wheathampstead, Herts.

Dog swallows Homer Simpson - Telegraph