Thread: Woman's shock as 11-ft alligator turns up on her doorstep in Florida

Default Woman's shock as 11-ft alligator turns up on her doorstep in Florida

Plagued by uninvited guests? Try throwing out a welcome mat like this.
    The 11-ft alligator was spotted lying very still on a suburban doorstep in Florida, doing its best to blend in with the garden decor.
    Neighbours who spotted it were not fooled, however, and phoned the owner of the house, Belinda Donaldson, to warn her.

Welcome: The alligator relaxes on the Florida woman's doorstep

Peekaboo: The alligator was spotted by concerned neighbours

Mrs Donaldson didn't believe them at first, until she looked outside. She was forced to phone 911 after the animal refused to budge.
    Mrs Donaldson, who lives in Westchase, Hillsborough County, was ordered to stay inside while wildlife rescue crews moved the animal.

A wildlife official attempts to get a noose around the alligator's neck...

But things don't go so well as the alligator makes its way down the garden path

A wildlife expert arrived to catch the unexpected visitor, but it wasn't giving up its new home easily.
    Witnesses said it took the trapper at least an hour to move the alligator, which was then loaded into the back of a truck and taken a distance away.
    Alligator sightings are not uncommon in the southern American state as the creatures flourish in the warm environment.
    Wildlife experts predict there are an estimated five million of the creatures scattered across the country.

The official tries again near a tree

Finally the alligator is tied to the tree

Open the door and make it snappy! Woman's shock as 11-ft alligator turns up on her doorstep in Florida | Mail Online

HOly crap that thing's huge. Can you imagine stepping outside not knowing it's there? You'd lose a leg.

When I lived in FL you'd have to really watch out for them when it rained, they liked to come out and walk around since everything was all wet.

Once a gator turned up in the pool of the apt. complex I lived in. In the same complex, which was directly adjacent to some swampy land, a neighbor's dog lost his leg to a hungry gator.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Once a gator turned up in the pool of the apt. complex I lived in. In the same complex, which was directly adjacent to some swampy land, a neighbor's dog lost his leg to a hungry gator.
    Are shotguns & flamethrowers legal in Florida?
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Poor thing, always makes me sad when wild animals turn up in neighborhoods. It's just a result of humans encroaching on their territory and their shrinking habitat.

I hate that last picture.

>>me too!! I hope they told the truth about relocating him down the road.

My dumb ass husband was trying to catch a baby gator yesterday and called to tell me what he was doing. I told him when mama gator came to get him not to call me crying(yes he was drunk). I would die if one was in my yard(I live in Louisiana they aren't that bad where I live thank god).
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I feel bad...makes me sad.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^Why? It was relocated. They have to drag it because it weighs so much, and they're very stubborn. Trust me, alligators aren't hurt when they're being dragged like that, especially if it's by only 1 or 2 people.

I don't have much sympathy for alligators though. I've known a few people who died or lost pets due to gators. They're ruthless creatures, and once they get a taste for human or animal blood, they literally hunt for humans so it's necessary to kill them.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

>> No matter how ruthless alligators are, humans are much, much worse.

Maybe these people should stop moving to gatorland. I used to live in an area with tons of wildlife, and amazing they disappeared when tons of houses popped up. We will not let anything get in our way of making money.

JEEEZUS. Imagine walking out of your front door, not looking where you're going, and stepping on that ornery thing... *gah*

Could've been worse.. Imagine sitting on the pot and having some kind of reptile crawl out of the pipe..

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    ^Why? It was relocated. They have to drag it because it weighs so much, and they're very stubborn. Trust me, alligators aren't hurt when they're being dragged like that, especially if it's by only 1 or 2 people.

I don't have much sympathy for alligators though. I've known a few people who died or lost pets due to gators. They're ruthless creatures, and once they get a taste for human or animal blood, they literally hunt for humans so it's necessary to kill them.
    They say they relocate them, but typically in Florida, they don't. Once they make their way into a neighborhood, they usually kill them for fear that they'll keep coming back.

sweet geebus!!... that's a dinosaur!!...
    if it comes in pink... I'll take it!!

Thread Information