Thread: Kittens found in plastic bag 'strong and active'

Default Kittens found in plastic bag 'strong and active'

Staff at the Toronto Humane Society will need to wait a few more days to ensure the kittens rescued from a plastic bag earlier this week have not contracted any serious illnesses.
    Ten kittens were heard crying inside a No Frills bag close to Vaughn Rd. and Oakwood Ave. on April 22. Their umbilical cords were still attached when they were found. One kitten has since died, but a spokesperson for the Humane Society is hopeful the remaining nine will survive.
    "They've been OK, their weight is balancing out and they seem to be strong and active," said Ian McConachie. "It's too early to tell if there are any serious problems."
    Each kitten weighed between 101 and 118 grams when they were found and estimated to be three or four days old. McConachie said they'll need to put on a lot more weight before staff will know if they are developing properly. "The two- and three-week mark will be a milestone," he said. In the meantime, the kittens are being fed supplements and nursing from two cats at the Humane Society shelter.

McConachie said several people have inquired about adopting the kittens, including the man who found them. However, the kittens need to be eight weeks old and weigh 800 grams before they can be leave the society.
    Two thousand kittens go through the kitten nursery each year, and many of them end up in permanent homes, said McConachie. The Toronto Humane Society recommends having cats spayed or neutered, keeping kittens with their mother for eight weeks so they can nurse before surrendering them to the society, and, if for some reason the mother cat cannot nurse, speaking to a veterinarian about bottle-feeding the kittens.

TheStar.com | GTA | Kittens found in plastic bag 'strong and active'

Grimm needs to go get me a kitty. Just dont put it in a plastic bag to send it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

There are so many sick fuckers out there. What kind of monster could do something like this?

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I hope the bastard that did this rots in hell!!!!!
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

vaughn and oakwood, ghetto city.. no wonder
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

This is completely sicko, and I'll bet it happens more often than we think it does. My first cat, Apricot, was picked up by a river, abandoned when he was about 5 weeks old. A couple of guys from the office jogging on their lunch hour brought him and two other litter mates back to the office. I took one and a guy who lived on a farm took the other two. People are thoughtless.

How can anyone be so cruel!
    I hate stories like these about how innocent animals are treated. Glad they were saved.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Poor little darlings. People like their tomentors make me so sick!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I once had a cat giving birth brought into the shelter in a duffel bag. Guy who brought her in got home from work and found the bag tossed into his yard and was going to throw it out until it growled at him. He was too scared to open in, so he brought it to the shelter. We opened it and there was a mama cat and two kittens, and she was still giving birth. We got her out and she gave birth to 4 more kittens over night.

I still can't figure out how someone could take their cat, put her in an unventilated bag and throw her in the yard of someone they don't know, while she's in such a vulnerable state as giving birth.

And don't get me started on dumpster kittens. Every spring/summer we get tons of kittens found in dumpsters. With all the low cost/free spay/neuter programs out there, there really is just no need for this.

Sorry, this kind of stuff just really frosts my cookies. End rant.

My heart breaks for all of these poor babies. For all the ones you hear about - how many more are undiscovered? I'd take them all if I could.

Humans, as a species, suck.

Elite Member

awww precious kitties I want one soooo bad

Humans are sick... what other species kills to kill?

This totally sucks, especially since these fucktards get away with stuff like this. I really wish there was such a thing as instant Karma.

Thread Information