Login to remove the ads!
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer mothers/ helicopter parents rant

I am sooo there. I can even bend over. Oh wait, I went too far?
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    I think I have a girl crush on Venus after reading this whole thread......
    <3

Am I over protective of my 3 boys? Fuck yeah!!! I get told that ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!!
    But I'd rather be over-protective than have something happen to my kids.
    With that being said.......I don't get why people say that about me. I don't let my kids go over to kids houses that I don't know or talk to the parents, I do not let them wander off to places I can not see them. (I have a 1 acre back yard, so there is some shady places around here.)
    When we are in parking lots, I tell my kids they need to stay right next to me and pay attention because people will run clueless children over for sport.
    I do not let them wander around stores by themselves. When they ask why, I tell them that there are people that steal little kids that are by themselves.
    If they need to use a public bathroom, I tell them that if there are people already in the bathroom to come right back out.
    I have 3 boys ages 10, 7, and almost 3. They 3 year old NEVER leaves my sight in public. They told me he is mildly Autistic, (High Spectrum) personally I think he is just ADHD like me....But he is NON-STOP all day long. It's not possible to have him walk around the store and me grocery shop at the same time.

Anyway....I am a single mom of 3 boys. They old 2 go to their father's house every other week. Otherwise they are with me.
    The youngest is with me 24/7.
    It's not really that difficult. As a poster said above, there are a few moments that are really hard, but in general? No biggie.
    I have no life, but really though....what would I be doing anyway that would be so great? I would be in a lot of trouble I'm sure.

I'm rambling......But the gist of what I was saying is yes, I'm over-protective, but I don't think raising kids is really that difficult.
    Oh, and I <3 Venus.
    I said similar....and my oldest as been diagnosed w/PDD which is a highly functioning form of Autism as well. And yet, I KNOW people (not necessarily in this forum) think I am too overprotective. I defy ANYONE that has a special needs child to do that...just let em go. At least initially. Please. Sounds so much easier than it is. With the bullying and crap going on, on a daily basis. SURE---yea, send em out! My oldest (w/PDD) is 7. She is not ready for it. So yes, I get upset about that aspect. I think it is a KID dependent thing.....and needs to be monitored by adults. Just me of course.

I don't think you are overprotective at all, Lynnie. You are a parent-- doing whatcha need to do in the situation that you are in. Every kid is unique and every family is unique. I sprogged out a almost ten year old who chooses to hang with his ma and pa and tell fart/testicular ball jokes. Does that make me a helicopter parent? Nah. Fuck every dickwad with a judgment. Fuck them in the arse with a chainsaw. It doesn't matter. Let 'em judge. It is all good.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I am sooo there. I can even bend over. Oh wait, I went too far?
    Nope, it's all good. no need to beat around the bush! Let's get down and dirty!!!!

I won't lie. Me so horny.

Alice, please don't be like PB and say that you get attacked when you don't agree with the clique. That's what she did all the time and it irritated you to death, just like it did the rest of us. Venus said that parenting wasn't hard, and you followed her saying that it is hard if you give a shit. Which implies that Venus doesn't care about her kid. Maybe that's not what you meant to do, I have no idea, but that's how it reads. I'm just saying it in case you don't get what sparked this kerfuffle. I'm not trying to either fan the flames or mediate, just butting in, as is my obnoxious tendency to do...

Re: the clique, I guess I have a vague fuzzy idea of who it supposedly consists of, more or less. If I'm right, then I'll say that the clique disagrees amongst itself quite a bit. I see it all the time. Sure there is a group of posters who feel really comfortable with each other and they tend to address each other a lot in threads, but if anybody pays attention to threads with real issues in them, the opinons are all over the place.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

This clique shit is way beyond me. I disagree with cunts here all the time. NoDay just infractioned my fat arse like this is Oswald State Correctional but I still love her. The cunt clique is just a fabrication of people's minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Alice, please don't be like PB and say that you get attacked when you don't agree with the clique. That's what she did all the time and it irritated you to death, just like it did the rest of us. Venus said that parenting wasn't hard, and you followed her saying that it is hard if you give a shit. Which implies that Venus doesn't care about her kid. Maybe that's not what you meant to do, I have no idea, but that's how it reads. I'm just saying it in case you don't get what sparked this kerfuffle. I'm not trying to either fan the flames or mediate, just butting in, as is my obnoxious tendency to do...

Re: the clique, I guess I have a vague fuzzy idea of who it supposedly consists of, more or less. If I'm right, then I'll say that the clique disagrees amongst itself quite a bit. I see it all the time. Sure there is a group of posters who feel really comfortable with each other and they tend to address each other a lot in threads, but if anybody pays attention to threads with real issues in them, the opinons are all over the place.
    The Voice of Reason has spoken. Amen, Lobes.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Lobes is smart. With a great rack.

*snort*

You have great knockers. I mean that in a totes creepy way.

Yeah, they're my moneymaker

I just want a cuddle right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Don't butter me up girl!

I have SEVERAL kids at my house RIGHT NOW...and none of their parents know where they are, or what they are doing. In fact, I have never met their parents, nor have any of their parents ever been to my house. So....how the hell do they know what's going on here?? I could have loaded weapons laying around...a meth lab...hooker ring...the list goes on. THEY HAVE NO CLUE. And I'm talking a 5 & 6 yr old, not some tweenager. Maybe *I* am too protective, but dammit, that's kinda uncool in my book. I mean a 5 yr old??

The worst part of my house is that I am on the laptop and once in awhile may sip vodka, but not until night!! Usually!
    Absentee parents suck ass - especially when their children are basically fucking toddlers!
    I don't find being a mum hard work. Raise em' right from the get go and it's kinda sweet. But I just have one. One and done. Good times.
    Agreed. I just have the one and he's just turned 13. Good kid, good grades, single mom, and we live in a motherfucking double wide. Advanced Placement classes, normal, healthy interests (except watching those fucking shows on E about "Too Young to Kill" - I blame me for that because I watch that shit too), no tattoos, no drugs, stays on my ass about smoking (when I smoke), good relationship with his father, respectful of adults.. ALL good and lord knows, I've been back at work since he was 3 weeks old, so I know it ain't that I'm such a fabulous and devoted/attentive parent.
    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It's not too difficult with 2 either. There - I said it. Parenting is as easy/hard as you make it.
    Again, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    its hard if you give a shit in my opinion, there's so many possible outcomes of everything you do/say/don't do/can/can't do
    Oh fuck no.
    Go fuck yourself Alice. Talk about shit you know. Like fucking men who hate you while they confess love to the woman they love. Then kiss my azzzz. My white azz, that is as white as yours.
    yeah, I could see this one coming.
    I don't give a fucknut junkfuck. Alice has been trolling hard. She can suck it, with her cat abusing, racist, anti-woman jams. Seriously, nobody will ever love your fat arse, while you hate yourself. There ain't no plastic surgery for a dead soul.
    So....I'm too overprotective then? Tell me if you think so, I can take it.
    No, you aren't.
    Well DUH, in their tutu's (and matching tiara's--hands off Mel)!

I wonder....I really do. I can see it (helicopter vs complete mayhem parenting) both ways personally. Is it because mine are still youngish? It's almost damned if you, damned if you don't. Good and bad in both in my book. Dunno...

This argument will never be won though, by anyone.
    Hey, I've never taken one from a child. I wait patiently until they get bored with wearing them and sit 'em down and turn their little backs. that's totally fair.
    You and me both. Lets go baby!!!!

HEY--I finally got rid of the 5 yr old camping at my house. How? Her 8yr old brother came looking for her. They had no idea where she was and her Grandmother (divorce situation--her father just moved in w/his Mom who lives down the street) was worried. See? No one knew!

They just moved to the Grandmothers house 6 days ago.

Commence drinking! And edit: I don't know how to spell commence.
    That's terrible, Lynnie. On several levels. How long did it take them to miss her? Why would a child that age think its ok to wander off without telling someone? Poor kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Well the passive aggressive poo and cryptic references have gotten pretty irritating.
    vouch.
    At least I have the latex balls to put it all out there. No passive aggression in my regression. Come at me. Call me a cuckholder, a whore, a bad mum. Dooo it. I will raise you this nonsense, with a LOLZ your love life and a you beat kittens.
    Cockholder!
    *needs more vodka quickly*
    I wish there was one of those liquor stores that deliver in my neighborhood. It would be so nice to just call and say "yeah, it's me. bring me another bottle."
    Ok, please let me just say this:

I was trying to be honest when I posted that stuff about having kids that didn't seem to have any guidance/supervision. I deal with it every single day--young kids. Which is clearly the opposite of what the OP was talking about. I was being honest, and Alice was posting her OPINION. She was saying what she felt---I guess I don't know what the harm is in that. I KNOW she has been posting some downer stuff, I GET IT. But gosh....

Ok, fire away at me, but I was putting out a differing opinion than the OP and I think that is valid. As is Alice's opinion. We've known her for a long time. EVERYONE has rough times and moments. And thank GOD I am too old to have had FB/Twitter/Boards to voice them at---because I was (is) a disaster too.
    You're not a disaster. And ... hold on, you don't have Twitter? I thought you tweeted with Leann Rimes?
    I said similar....and my oldest as been diagnosed w/PDD which is a highly functioning form of Autism as well. And yet, I KNOW people (not necessarily in this forum) think I am too overprotective. I defy ANYONE that has a special needs child to do that...just let em go. At least initially. Please. Sounds so much easier than it is. With the bullying and crap going on, on a daily basis. SURE---yea, send em out! My oldest (w/PDD) is 7. She is not ready for it. So yes, I get upset about that aspect. I think it is a KID dependent thing.....and needs to be monitored by adults. Just me of course.
    Lynnie, I don't think you're overprotective. I don't think you're a helicopter mom. My son is 13 and chooses to stay home with me more than he chooses to go anywhere with any friends. Now, he will go to church camp, he goes to his yearly Jr National Young Leaders convention (last year that was a week in D.C.), he goes with his dad, grandparents... You're just a mom with concerns for her children. Like most of us here. And I agree with you - especially with regards to the bullying that goes on. I think its important to keep an open line of communication with your kids. They have to know they can rely on you. Just keep doing what you do and fuck anyone who says anything negative about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

All of this!
    I just want a cuddle right now.
    Come here, I'll give you a hug.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

*picks up guitar* and...........

Kumbayaaaaaa!!!!!!

*ducks*

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information