Login to remove the ads!
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer mothers/ helicopter parents rant

Ok, please let me just say this:

I was trying to be honest when I posted that stuff about having kids that didn't seem to have any guidance/supervision. I deal with it every single day--young kids. Which is clearly the opposite of what the OP was talking about. I was being honest, and Alice was posting her OPINION. She was saying what she felt---I guess I don't know what the harm is in that. I KNOW she has been posting some downer stuff, I GET IT. But gosh....

Ok, fire away at me, but I was putting out a differing opinion than the OP and I think that is valid. As is Alice's opinion. We've known her for a long time. EVERYONE has rough times and moments. And thank GOD I am too old to have had FB/Twitter/Boards to voice them at---because I was (is) a disaster too.

A good rant is as good as a great fart. Satisfying.

ETA: Just go re-read Alice's shite in the January Jone's thread. In case you have awww bawww moments of "it's just Alice."
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    I'll bet they are all pink *shudders
    Mine is lavender.
    I just don't know about all you tutu wearing bitches *shakes head
    It is So You Think You Can Dance night! Get with the program!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    A good rant is as good as a great fart. Satisfying.
    and somewhat smelly

*give McJag the evil eye, I ain't wearing no tutu. See this is why my Mom always said my brother made a better daughter than I did lmao
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

oh give me a fucking break

OMG eyerolls!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I don't find being a mum hard work. Raise em' right from the get go and it's kinda sweet. But I just have one. One and done. Good times.
    You and me both and I never found it all that hard either. Moments, yes, but never hard. Although, I will always take the kudos...when sending around my daughter's report card this month (yes I did that, it was worth it and all y'all hard hearted betches would've wept at the comments) all my family congratulated me like I had anything to do with it - she goes to boarding school now so even less to do with it than normal. My daughter thought they were stretching things, so I told her to shut it and just thank me like the rest of her relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    So....I'm too overprotective then? Tell me if you think so, I can take it.
    Uh no, not over protective...you're the house where the kids flock to, it means them feel safe and comfortable there. It means good things (even if the never go home).

Damn you all I have no booze! How long has the kid been there?
    That is NOT proper GR behavior...can we add 'no booze in da house' as a suspendable offense? Seems like a thread like this needs a 2 drink minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Ok, please let me just say this:

I was trying to be honest when I posted that stuff about having kids that didn't seem to have any guidance/supervision. I deal with it every single day--young kids. Which is clearly the opposite of what the OP was talking about. I was being honest, and Alice was posting her OPINION. She was saying what she felt---I guess I don't know what the harm is in that. I KNOW she has been posting some downer stuff, I GET IT. But gosh....

Ok, fire away at me, but I was putting out a differing opinion than the OP and I think that is valid. As is Alice's opinion. We've known her for a long time. EVERYONE has rough times and moments. And thank GOD I am too old to have had FB/Twitter/Boards to voice them at---because I was (is) a disaster too.
    True and true, but dayum it's tough to read her posts lately. She's not the little young thing anymore - there comes a time when you really have too look at what you put out there to the world (and GR) and realize that what you get back pretty much exactly reflects what you're putting out. As a (I'd say) medium-timer around here, I think she's been coddled a lot because she's such a long time poster.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post

True and true, but dayum it's tough to read her posts lately. She's not the little young thing anymore - there comes a time when you really have too look at what you put out there to the world (and GR) and realize that what you get back pretty much exactly reflects what you're putting out. As a (I'd say) medium-timer around here, I think she's been coddled a lot because she's such a long time poster.
    I said this and got infracted up the wazzoo. Which is cool. I still love me some NoDay.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

venus you know you could have PM'd me your concerns but doing what you did is pure drama queen and attacking bullshit that i've gotten really sick and tired of on this board lately; its like some of the members here get off on attacking out of nowhere and if you don't agree w/ the clique - you're a troll or need to be called out on it every chance you give. Its negativity central here w/ no real discussions anymore; just cunty trash talking and bashing. thanks for bringing me down when I had such an awesome day today b/c yeah I did finally kick that guy to the curb, and it seems I need to continue that action w/ some people here or just the board all together, I don't know, still thinking about it.

and I don't know if you're joking or drinking or serious, but I am niether a woman-hater, racist or animal abuser - I'm not perfect, but I have opinions I share on here and instead of attacking me or someone else when you don't agree; why don't you just state why, "in my opinion, etc." or PM them me if it really hurts you.

Someone on here I considered a friend did that to me when I offended her w/ something I said about sorority girls (i believe) and I'll never forget it. We had a real discussion and of course I apologized for offending my friend and we made up. I don't know how she feels about me now, but that event made me appreciate that person's point of view more and took my level of respect for them to a whole other level. She is still someone I look up to here and respect - she's always open and honest about her life, knows she not perfect but still shares w/ us real shit and has a sense of humor too. and if you check your pm's or dm's you'll see that I gave a damn about you too. I guess its a lesson learned again, you can't trust people, even when its anonymous internet people.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    venus you know you could have PM'd me your concerns but doing what you did is pure drama queen and attacking bullshit that i've gotten really sick and tired of on this board lately; its like some of the members here get off on attacking out of nowhere and if you don't agree w/ the clique - you're a troll or need to be called out on it every chance you give. Its negativity central here w/ no real discussions anymore; just cunty trash talking and bashing. thanks for bringing me down when I had such an awesome day today b/c yeah I did finally kick that guy to the curb, and it seems I need to continue that action w/ some people here or just the board all together, I don't know, still thinking about it.

and I don't know if you're joking or drinking or serious, but I am niether a woman-hater, racist or animal abuser - I'm not perfect, but I have opinions I share on here and instead of attacking me or someone else when you don't agree; why don't you just state why, "in my opinion, etc." or PM them it really hurts you.

Someone on here I considered a friend did that to me when I offended her w/ something I said about sorority girls and I'll never forget it. Made me appreciate that person's point of view more and took my level of respect for them to a whole other level. She is still someone I look up to here and respect - she's always open and honest about her life, knows she not perfect but still shares w/ us real shit and has a sense of humor too. and if you check your pm's or dm's you'll see that I gave a damn about you too. I guess its a lesson learned again, you can't trust people, even when its anonymous internet people.
    I am always 100% honest about my life, my flaws all of it. I make jokes about shit that I have failed at so hard that it hurts. I could have PMed you. Yeah, I am an arsebag. But ya know what? I dunno if you realise how passive aggressive you have been of late? I dunno if it is some post-symptom of considering plastic surgery on your bunghole or what? Everyone here has been uber fucking kind to you and you piss on women more than John Mayer in a brothel at times. That being said? I am not gonna have hard feelings about ya.

And this is why you use ignore if someone is constantly grating your nerves. It prevents blowups.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think I have a girl crush on Venus after reading this whole thread......
    <3

Am I over protective of my 3 boys? Fuck yeah!!! I get told that ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!!
    But I'd rather be over-protective than have something happen to my kids.
    With that being said.......I don't get why people say that about me. I don't let my kids go over to kids houses that I don't know or talk to the parents, I do not let them wander off to places I can not see them. (I have a 1 acre back yard, so there is some shady places around here.)
    When we are in parking lots, I tell my kids they need to stay right next to me and pay attention because people will run clueless children over for sport.
    I do not let them wander around stores by themselves. When they ask why, I tell them that there are people that steal little kids that are by themselves.
    If they need to use a public bathroom, I tell them that if there are people already in the bathroom to come right back out.
    I have 3 boys ages 10, 7, and almost 3. They 3 year old NEVER leaves my sight in public. They told me he is mildly Autistic, (High Spectrum) personally I think he is just ADHD like me....But he is NON-STOP all day long. It's not possible to have him walk around the store and me grocery shop at the same time.

Anyway....I am a single mom of 3 boys. They old 2 go to their father's house every other week. Otherwise they are with me.
    The youngest is with me 24/7.
    It's not really that difficult. As a poster said above, there are a few moments that are really hard, but in general? No biggie.
    I have no life, but really though....what would I be doing anyway that would be so great? I would be in a lot of trouble I'm sure.

I'm rambling......But the gist of what I was saying is yes, I'm over-protective, but I don't think raising kids is really that difficult.
    Oh, and I <3 Venus.

Can we make out? I'd like that.

Can we make out? I'd like that.

BRING IT.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information