Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Principal Forces Cheerleaders To Wear Sweats Under Skirts

^^ No I haven't. I can't imagine...

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    yeah, but the whole idea behind cheerleading is that you're cheering for ANOTHER sport, and that's the reason for its existence. Add in the the super-short skirt factor and the sexism is obvious. Why not get your OWN damned sport instead of cheering for another...be a gymnast or whatever it is you want to do. Count me in as another who thinks it's ridiculous.
    Many schools now have competitive cheer teams and they do not cheer for the other sports. They simple compete in their own sport.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^^^
    what's the point of cheering, if you're not cheering for anything? it kust seems even dumber. it's like, no matter what they try, it kust seems like a dumb activity to me... different strokes i guess.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    what's the point of cheering, if you're not cheering for anything? it kust seems even dumber. it's like, no matter what they try, it kust seems like a dumb activity to me... different strokes i guess.
    It's actually more like a step-dancing performance, but with acrobatics and horrific life-altering accidents. Or a land-locked version of synchronized swimming, but with acrobatics and horrific life-altering accidents.

^What she said. It's a lot of synchronized dance steps, with tumbling and throwing people through the air. It can be a demanding sport, depending on how seriously the coach takes it but I'll agree that most of the time the "sexist, popularity contest" aspect is alive and well. Both things are true.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I was a cheerleader, we were allowed to wear our uniforms to school on spirit days and some times other occasions. I loved prancing around in my short skirt! I also fractured my vertebrate as a cheerleader. Who cares what the cheerleaders wear anyway? The school should focus on education.

Meh, for me it's like saying beauty pageants are really scholarship opportunities for accomplished young women, or that the civil war was really about "states' rights" and not slavery....no matter how you try to dress it up, the underlying concept is still bullshit.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I agree that the uniforms are sometimes ridiculous, even as a former cheerleader. The uniforms are blatant violations of most school dress codes and I think it is unnecessary and unfair to the other students when it gets to a certain point. There's no reason for the uniforms to show your midriff or for the skirts not to fully cover your ass.

We were not allowed to wear ours to school and had to wear our warm ups (basically knockoff Adidas track suits) instead. We wore the uniforms to the games, but they were a violation of our school's dress code, so we couldn't wear them during the school day. Of course, we bitched about it, but looking back, I appreciate it and think that decision was completely valid.

relevant

Last edited by Grimmlok; October 6th, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I got a red x
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Oh Grimm, I think that might have been the funniest thing I've seen you post in a while.

My High School had a cheer team. Not all, but a good portion of the girls, were pretty slutty. They also sucked beyond belief and didn't do any good acrobatics. We had a dance team that did some fancy rhythmic marching, etc. that was really good. The slutty girls went the cheer route, the other girls who were interested in the dance aspect did the other team. Personally, I competitively swam for a long time. That's what I did in HS and I didn't really understand the girls who wanted to cheer.

I think the volleyball spandex shorts are worse that the cheerleaders skirts at our school. These girls buy the smallest size possible and squeeze into them. You can read their damn lips and half their ass cheeks hang out the back. I made my daughter buy a size bigger than she needed and I hang dry them so they don't shrink. Why can't they play in a regular pair of shorts?

free those little girls vaginas and make them wear no panties, let them wings flap with the cheers
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

oh for fuck's sake, Caramel.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

sorry! but it would make the stupid cheerleadering more interesting and thats what they are trying to sell
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information