Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Principal Forces Cheerleaders To Wear Sweats Under Skirts

^ I cant tell you how many times Ive had arguments with cheerleaders over that exact same subject in high school. I think most cheerleaders believe it is a sport and shame on whoever doesnt agree.

I hear ya.

They're getting all butt-hurt over nothing. They can still wear them to the games as-is which is what their purpose actually is. If they're wearing them during the day at school, they are subject to the same damn dress code as everyone else.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i wish people would stop pretending cheerleading is a real sport. they're just there to look pretty and distract people during breaks in a game, like having chicks in bikinis at car shows. that's why they wear short skirts. making them wear sweatpants defeats the purpose of their entire existence so they might as well just get rid of the whole thing.
    The ones who simply cheer at games may not be classified as a sport but competitive cheer is a full on sport. They pratice as much as any sports team. They do gynastics as much as a gymnist does. Watch some videos of competitive cheer and then tell me they are not athletes. Even NCAA is now moving towards recognizing it is a sport.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

This could be worse. They might have been ordered to wear sweats over the outfits.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The leggings idea I like. Would skorts, combo of skirt and shorts, work?

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The ones who simply cheer at games may not be classified as a sport but competitive cheer is a full on sport. They pratice as much as any sports team. They do gynastics as much as a gymnist does. Watch some videos of competitive cheer and then tell me they are not athletes. Even NCAA is now moving towards recognizing it is a sport.
    then they're wasting their talents because they will never be taken seriously as athletes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Maybe they should rename it group gymnastics then.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I've known people who went to college on cheerleading scholarships, so I guess in some circumstances it's not entirely a waste. As ridiculously expensive as college is in this country, anything helps.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

cheerleading scholarship?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I wish it would be treated less like a sport. They are throwing each other up in the air and having accidents on the way down - including breaking teeth, arms, legs, and even necks.

Cheerleading Causes Most Severe Sports Injuries in Young Women

By Todd Neale, Staff Writer, MedPage Today
    Published: August 12, 2008
    Reviewed by Zalman S. Agus, MD; Emeritus Professor
    University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Aug. 12 -- No longer the domain of the enthusiastic pom-pom, cheerleading has escalated into the most dangerous sport of all for women in high school and college, researchers here found.
    Among young women in high school, 65.1% of all severe sports injuries from 1982 to 2007 were related to cheerleading, and at the college level the percentage was 66.7%, according to the annual report released by the National Center for Catastrophic Sport Injury Research at the University of North Carolina.

"A major factor in this increase has been the change in cheerleading activity, which now involves gymnastic-type stunts," said Frederick Mueller, Ph.D., author of the report. "If these cheerleading activities are not taught by a competent coach and keep increasing in difficulty, catastrophic injuries will continue to be a part of cheerleading."

Gymnastics, track and field, and swimming trailed far behind in serious injuries, the center found.

Previous estimates had 55% of severe high school injuries and 59.4% of college injuries stemming from cheerleading, but additional data from the non-profit National Cheer Safety Foundation showed that the actual rates were higher.

Catastrophic cheerleading injuries -- which include death, permanent disability, or a severe injury such as fractured vertebrae -- are occurring more now than 25 years ago, when the center released its first report.

Over the first decade of collecting data, there were 25 catastrophic cheerleading accidents in high school and college, including two deaths. From 1997 through 2007, there were 58 injuries, including one death.

Increases in catastrophic injuries coincided with a rise in emergency room visits related to cheerleading. The Consumer Product Safety Commission estimated that the number of visits increased from 4,954 in 1980 to 28,414 in 2004.

Rebecca Demorest, M.D., of the Women's Sports Medicine Center at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, and a spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics, agreed.

"Cheerleading is considered one of the more dangerous sports," she said. "There's a lot of tumbling, falling, and flipping that is usually not as well supervised as a sport like gymnastics."

In addition, she said, cheerleaders often don't have the proper equipment, like mats, or safety devices that other sports have.

Over the past 25 years, she said, cheerleading has moved beyond being a sideline activity to become a highly competitive sport requiring more difficult skills to be successful.

Catastrophic cheerleading injuries are "something that we really do need to be aware of," she said. "We need to have better guidelines in place and make people aware that this is a sport that does involve risk."

"I think it's shocking in a sense to recognize that a sport that a lot of people consider as a sideline sport really is a problematic sport," she said.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Cheerleading is soooooooo bourgeois. Scholarships? I can't believe a college would GIVE someone an education for such a plebeian distraction...this entire thread is just so below me. I'm off to be pretentious and what not.
    Posted from my iPhone Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

The skirts are extremely short... extremely! Borderline obscene. My aunt makes my niece wear lycra leggins underneath hers. They told her to wear blue panties. WTF!? My aunt said well she's off the squad, so they allowed the leggins. Just 4 years ago they were longer. I don't know what happened.
    & not a single fuck was given...

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Vouch, it is a sport and it's something you can get very hurt doing. I think most schools don't take it serious and a lot of girls end up fucked up because they don't have qualified people spotting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I've known people who went to college on cheerleading scholarships, so I guess in some circumstances it's not entirely a waste. As ridiculously expensive as college is in this country, anything helps.
    Yep the scholarships are nice. I don't think the Cheerleaders should be able to wear the uniforms during school, change before the game/pep rally etc... and the school needs to make sure it's something that fits the dress code somewhat.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

cheerleading scholarship?
    No shit. Amazing isn't it?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

i wish people would stop pretending cheerleading is a real sport. they're just there to look pretty and distract people during breaks in a game, like having chicks in bikinis at car shows. that's why they wear short skirts. making them wear sweatpants defeats the purpose of their entire existence so they might as well just get rid of the whole thing.
    I agree, cheerleaders have always worn short skirts, not short enough to see the beaver, but always short enough to be sexaaay. It's just the way it is.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information