Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Parents Billed 135K after 5 y/o Breaks Sculpture

From what I read, the people sitting on the couch in the video weren't even the parents, just bystanders. Parents weren't even in the frame.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

^ Hey, as the mom said, all parents get distracted. Sometimes even in another room.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The fact that she heard noise and assumed someone was yelling at her kid kind of shows she used to that happening.

I agree though that that statue should not just be sitting out there. In the video he isn't hitting it or trying to knock it over. He's literally trying to hug it.
    Kittylady likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

This dumb bitch. Some pedo could have been raping the kid in the bathroom and she'd still be wondering why.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

Comeon, both parties should assume responsibility. Parents need to watch their kids, sculpture should have been secured. Not trying to be disrespectful, but whyth is an (unsecured) 132k work even in a community center with no security other than cc and an occasional guard (?) tooling around?
    Xenu and twitchy2.0 like this.

Yeah, we don't even know who placed that kind of value on the piece---the artist? Unless it's somebody super famous with an established history of pricey works, good luck with that.

And the truth is, it's not the community center who is going after the parents, it's their insurance company. Standard operating procedure. They pay their insured for the damages because that's their contract, and then if they feel another party is negligent and liable, they put them on notice. All snowflake's parents had to do was to turn the letter over to their own homeowners insurance, there is personal liablity coverage for that sort of thing. Then the two insurance companies will duke it out based on comparative negligence and reach some kind of settlement. But the parents had to go public like they're the victims here.
    twitchy2.0, Kittylady and mostroop like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

That's the sticking point in all of this. The snowflake defense of their kid and lack of self-awareness that it was their lack of supervision that caused the incident.
    HWBL, Kittylady, MsDark and 1 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If what I witnessed the other weekend is anything to go by, this is the new style of parenting. I was at an adult birthday party and nobody took even basic responsibility for their offspring, even though it was in a club house where alcohol, glasses, sharp objects (knives and forks from the buffet etc) were all around. If they were big enough to be even semi-mobile they were left to their own devices while the parents danced, drank and gossipped. Several times I and others (all childless) were the ones who were having to confiscate small objects from the table displays that were rapidly disappearing into curious mouths and haul other people's barely toddling kids from standing on benches and tables.
    LaFolie and choozen1ne like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

there is priceless art in a lot of places, on public display, not protected by glass or a cage or even signs that tell people not to touch. go into any museum and if you really wanted to, you could topple over a greek or roman bust, or stab a painting, throw a rock at centuries old stained glass windows in churches, etc. sure, there are guards in most museums but not in every gallery, and they can't keep an eye on everyone. but these works aren't all behind glass because there is an expectation that parents will parent, and most adults aren't psychopathic vandals intent on destroying works of art.
    Last edited by sputnik; June 19th, 2018 at 05:33 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Now that we live on planet Idiocracy it's probably best to put our good stuff under lock and key.
    Brookie, Kittylady and MsDark like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Same folks who leave their kids in their cars for 8 hours and then do an "Oops, I forgot" thing.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information