Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Honey Boo Boo Child From Toddlers & Tiaras Gets Her Own Show

I can understand most accents too ... it's mostly when people don't enunciate well enough that I have a problem.

My father and my youngest sister have "marbles in the mouth" speech. My father is getting particularly bad as he gets older. I swear there's been times that I've asked him to repeat himself three or four times and I still can't understand him, and then we both get peeved. If my other sister is around (she's more fluent in the marbles dialect than I am), sometimes my father will say something, and I'll just look at my sister with a confuzzled look on my face and she'll translate. It's very annoying, because in his case, I think it's just laziness and not putting the effort into having an understandable conversation with your adult kid. I lived with the man until my very early 20s, so it's not like I haven't been exposed to his speech enough. I was so excited when he got a texting phone, but he uses the talk-to-text feature and the phone can't understand him either. It's gotten to the point that if I still can't understand him after I've asked him to repeat it once, I just give up because it's not worth his attitude anymore.

British/Australian accents are easy to tell apart. It's Australia/New Zealand I can't distinguish.
    The New Zealand accent is really distinctive to us Aussies in the way they pronounce their vowels - my old NZ housemate's name was "Vucky" and her sister was "Pinny". My other Kiwi friend even after 20+ years still says she's popping down to the dallyca-TISS-in (or just the dally) to get a sandwich.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

Kiwis mangle their vowels like no others! Once you've tuned into that accent you can spot it a mile away, even if its owner is trying to cover it up. I will never forget a Kiwi ferry safety drill where "pessengers should go dick sux"
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Kiwis mangle their vowels like no others!
    Except possibly South Africans. Now that's a distinctive accent!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

I have a South African friend whose first language is Afrikaans and after a couple of chardys her English gets really dense.
    Dame Edna Everage

Kiwis mangle their vowels like no others! Once you've tuned into that accent you can spot it a mile away, even if its owner is trying to cover it up. I will never forget a Kiwi ferry safety drill where "pessengers should go dick sux"
    Wha??? I can kind of tell the difference between NZ and Australia because of the "pessenger" thing. I think it's how Americans can spot a Canadian accent right away, but I saw someone somewhere claim those accents are exactly the same.

Nevan, yeah I totally have a problem with the marbles in the mouth speaking. My problem with speaking is that I talk too fast. I've tried to slow it down since I've gotten older, but people still can't understand me sometimes.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I watched the show for the first time last week. HBBC was so sweet cheering for the other girls in the pageant- I have never seen that in any other toddlers and tiaras show... I wish June had let the pig stay. Guess he was cutting into her sleeping until noon everyday... June looked like she had lost some weight in one or 2 of the episodes, so maybe the attention is having a positive effect. I can't help but like June, she is so confident and self-depreciating, and doesn't seem overly concerned with what others think of her.
    dilligaf likes this.

I can tell where accents are from, when they are English speakers. Places like some random African accent I am not familiar with is way out of my zone. I only have trouble telling accents apart when someone is speaking English in a Korean, Chinese, Japanese, etc. accent. That's when it is very hard for me and hard for me to understand what they are saying.

I have trouble telling what certain words are when Aussies talk or even certain English accents can be hard to understand. Americans I can pinpoint their accent really well, and usually understand them. This family sometimes mumbles and I know people from Georgia and their accents are easy to understand. This family just can't enunciate for shit.

I just saw a magazine while waiting on line at Wal-Mart yesterday that had Honey Boo Boo in it. Don't know when the pageant was but, the article states that the new baby was a month old. Anyway she looked really beautiful. She is the only beauty pageant child that looks better with all the makeup and hair. She looked a little slimmer too. Maybe they will show that pageant in the upcoming episodes.

Just to update. I see that the grandchild is five weeks old so the pic in the magazine is from last week. I also just read that the baby has four fingers and two thumbs on one hand

A*O

Yeah well coming from a genepool like that what do you expect?
    Dame Edna Everage

Man, I hope that it's not that severe, poor little baby. How would they not notice that on an anatomy scan. With my kids we could count the fingers and toes. Well, maybe they did know and decided not to share. Talk about fitting the stereotype of a "redneck", sucks so bad.

Oh and I got my husband to watch all the episodes and he loved it. He said, "it's really hard not to like this family. They seem like nice people just having fun together!" lol

Two thumbs could come in handy, maybe. That said, I hope these people aren't what evolution is driving us towards.

PICTURED: Honey Boo Boo's sister, 12, caught 'feeding Mountain Dew to ONE-MONTH-OLD baby niece'

• Lauryn Thompson, aka Pumpkin, is seen apparently dipping a pacifier into a can of the caffeinated drink, before allowing her 17-year-old sister Anna's newborn to suckle on it
    • Children who have too much caffeine are at raised risk of neurological and cardiovascular problems, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics

By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 14:56 EST, 27 August 2012 | UPDATED: 17:38 EST, 27 August 2012

Honey Boo Boo's family has sparked shock once again after the child reality star's sister appears to have been pictured feeding a one-month-old baby Mountain Dew.
    New photographs show 12-year-old Lauryn Thompson, aka Pumpkin, apparently dipping a pacifier into a can of Mountain Dew, before allowing her newborn niece, Kaitlyn, to suckle on it.
    Of course, the soft drink is highly caffeinated, and can be dangerous for children to consume, let alone babies.

Dangerous: 12-year-old Lauryn Thompson (in blue T-shirt), is seen dipping a pacifier into a can of Mountain Dew, before allowing the baby daughter of sister Anna 'Chickadee', 17, to suckle on it

The shocking images of the family, from McIntyre, Georgia, the stars of Toddlers & Tiaras spin-off show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, were taken at the local Sparkle & Shine Pageant this weekend, according to RadarOnline.com.
    Baby Kaitlyn is the daughter of Anna 'Chickadee', 17, the eldest sister of Honey Boo Boo, six, whose real name is Alana.

More...

Alana herself shot to fame early this year under similar controversial circumstances, after her mother, June Shannon, 30, was seen giving her a mixture of Mountain Dew and Red Bull on an episode of Toddlers & Tiaras.
    Ms Shannon, who was accused of 'doping' the child with high-sugar snacks and the caffeinated drink she called 'Go-Go- Juice', defended her actions saying: 'There are far worse things. I could be giving her alcohol.'
    Guilty look: Pumpkin dips the pacifier into the can of caffeinated drink as her sister cradles the baby

Caffeine hit: Pumpkin then allows the tiny infant to taste the sugary energy drink

But child health experts voiced their concern about the so-called 'Go-Go Juice', given that a single can of Mountain Dew or Red Bull contains as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.
    A report last year from the American Academy of Pediatrics stated that children who have too much caffeine are at raised risk of neurological and cardiovascular problems.

Its authors warned: 'Energy drinks are never appropriate for children or adolescents. In general, caffeine-containing beverages, including soda, should be avoided.'
    Child nutrition expertMelissa Halas-Liang told MailOnline that the first six months of life should be exclusively breast milk or formula.

Discussing today's photographs featuring Pumpkin feeding baby Kaitlyn Mountain Dew, she commented: 'I hope that the media attention that the Thompson family receives over this incident can be used as teaching opportunity for the family on what constitutes good health and nutrition practices.
    'It would be helpful for the family to ask questions about what and when it's safe to introduce foods or liquids of any other kind outside of breast milk or formula into their diet and the rationale behind it.'
    Controversy: The parents of pageant star Honey Boo Boo (front) were accused of child abuse according to new reports. June (behind the youngster) and Mike (to the right) and her three sisters, are shown

The new photographs of Pumpkin and baby Kaitlyn have been made public less than a week after reports that the young pageant queen's parents were accused of child abuse.
    The family was visited by the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services in March, according to The National Enquirer.
    A source told the magazine that investigators were called to the home as a result of Ms Shannon and Mike Thompson's unorthodox, and highly-publicised, parenting methods which include feeding Alana caffeinated drinks as well as roadkill for dinner.
    They claim the authorities who made the unannounced visit 'found reason to bring the case to court' but a 'court-appointed attorney' for Ms Shannon convinced the judge to 'throw it [the case] out'.
    Go-Go Juice: Honey Boo Boo shot to fame early this year after her mother was seen giving her a mixture of Mountain Dew and Red Bull on an episode of Toddlers & Tiaras

Crazy: Once she had consumed the Juice, she was seen spinning around on the floor, her energy heightened

Ms Shannon has stolen much of the limelight away from her daughter in Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, which attracted 2.2million viewers when it premiered on TLC on August 8.
    During the debut episode, she was seen grinding up against a young man as her daughter played in a giant mud pit.
    She has also been filmed taking her family to the supermarket to help her shop using discount coupons and taking Alana to their local food auction, June's favourite weekly activity, in order to bid on what appeared to be sugary donuts.
    She has also admitted that she is obsessed with 'couponing', calling it 'better than sex'.
    Read more: PICTURED: Honey Boo Boo's sister, 12, caught 'feeding Mountain Dew to ONE-MONTH-OLD baby niece' | Mail Online

FYI: Honey Boo Boo Chile's Newborn Niece Was Born With Three Thumbs

If you're lucky enough to be born into Georgia's reigning redneck royal family, you will eventually have an extra something. Mama June has extra chins, Sugar Bear has an extra derp gene, a few of them have extra chromosomes and Chickadee's 5-week-old daughter Kaitlyn has an extra thumb. That extra thumb will totally come in handy when Baby Kaitlyn will have to hitchhike out of there to get away from the mud bog fuckery.
    The National Enquirer said that 33-year-old Mama June was throwing some extra shade at her first of many grandchirruns by making fun of the fact that one of Kaitlyn's hands has four fingers and two thumbs, but the sex bomb of McIntyre tells People that she loves that baby, uninvited thumb and all. June the Hutt said, "We have embraced [the abnormality]. It makes Kaitlyn more special to us."
    The Daily Mail has pictures of little Kaitlyn's conjoined thumbs (she's got the Abby & Brittany of thumbs!) and they also have pictures of Mama June's 12-year-old daughter Pumpkin dipping a pacifier into a can of Mountain Dew before sticking it in Kaitlyn's newborn mouth.
    It makes sense that The Dew is this family's baby formula of choice since Honey Boo Boo is always high on Go-Go Juice, but still. This is the most ridiculous, irresponsible, idiotic and inhumane act of parenting I've ever seen. Do they know how much caffeine is in that can of sugary acid? That baby will be hollering and screaming and bothering people all day long. You're not supposed to give sodie pop to a baby. You're supposed to give baby a mixture of crushed Vicodin, whiskey and NyQuil so they sleep all day while you enjoy your cheese balls in peace. This family, I swear.

Posted by: Michael K
    8 comments

BABIES!!! Honey Boo Boo Chile You Learn Something New

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

So am I the only one who's still hoping for a translation of this?
    lucianodel likes this.

Thread Information