Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Honey Boo Boo Child From Toddlers & Tiaras Gets Her Own Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    YES!!! That episode was on right after the HBB mess! T&Ts is definitely NOT a show we watch at all, but I was seriously WEEPY for McKenzie towards the end. At first, when they first introduced McKenzie, both my husband and I thought she had a hearing impediment, because they definitely have a unique pattern of speech. Which made me feel bad. But then it was obvious there wasn't anything really wrong with her hearing because she was hearing everything. So my husband is convinced that she has a palate problem. Again makes me feel horrible, but also furious .... palates can be FIXED! You'd rather spend money on pageant shit (which, as we all know, is NOT cheap) than get your daughter's palate fixed? If it's just a speech impediment, SURELY it would have been picked up by numerous teachers, etc. Again, you can HIRE speech therapists! There were a couple instances where we SWORE that her younger brother, Christian, was literally making fun of her speech problem. And then her wanting to win just so she could get more attention because her parents focus on Christian more. It just broke my heart ... and then when the tears were literally dropping from her eyes because she didn't win ... I'm sorry, but that's the threshold for ME that this activity is no longer fun or in the child's best interest. And she's old enough to read crap about herself too, so sweetie, if you are reading this, you are a BEAUTIFUL little girl and I hope you learn about self-worth from somebody in your life because you sorely need it.
    I was kind of holding back on what I was thinking about Christian and Mackenzie, because I didn't want anyone to take something the wrong way. I thought the girl was deaf, too, at first and then realized she was hearing everything. I agree with you about all of it. Whatever is going on with her could be easily fixed. I really honestly feel bad for her and all my vitriol is reserved for the parents not the kids. The mother is off in her own pageant world, I don't think she even knows something could be wrong with this entire situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    This feels sooooo strange - I'm hesitant to admit it to everyone but.... I understand what they're saying just fine!!! I'm from south west Australia!

Maybe this needs to be mentioned - again, wishing I didn't feel compelled to admit it - I was born with a speech impediment and saw a speech therapist for about a year. I still have to over-pronounciate my consonants to be understood... so I'm constantly being asked, "how long have you been in Australia?"

My fellow Aussies think I'm a bloody American because of the way I talk. Mucho confusion. Anyway, I'm not having any difficulty understanding this family, and I'm the sort who often uses subtitles on her dvds. So everyone elses' difficulty understanding this family has me beyond confused right now. Up is down and blue is red.
    Kat, I hope you know I'd never hold something against someone that they were born with. I was mostly complaining because I like to complain and also because I doubt these kids are getting to see any speech therapists or teachers to help them, which is straight up neglect. And it's not just one or two of these kids, it's almost all of them. It has to be pretty bad for me to take notice even. And HBBC and family aren't the worst of the bunch. I am now at the point where I have no problem understanding them, but there are other people on the T&T shows that are still a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    Ok, I kinda felt bad for HBBC when she had to give back Glitzy. It is cruel to give a child a pet, then take the pet away after a few weeks. At that point they've bonded, and she really did seem to love Glitzy. Though he's probably better off with another family.....
    I felt bad for HBB, but it was nice that June was responsible and stuck to her guns and said that no one is taking care of the animal, we can't keep him, and he needs a family that can devote time to him. I see so many of these shows where the mothers never say no to their kids. HBB cried, but she didn't throw a tantrum to end all tantrums. Kids learn lessons from things like that, I think it was probably a good thing in the end.
    Kat Scorp likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

I felt bad for HBB, but it was nice that June was responsible and stuck to her guns and said that no one is taking care of the animal, we can't keep him, and he needs a family that can devote time to him. I see so many of these shows where the mothers never say no to their kids. HBB cried, but she didn't throw a tantrum to end all tantrums. Kids learn lessons from things like that, I think it was probably a good thing in the end.
    You are totally right! HBB cried but didn't throw a tantrum. I hate to admit it, but she is one of the least bratty pageant kids compared to some of the spoiled brats that T&T likes to showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    You are totally right! HBB cried but didn't throw a tantrum. I hate to admit it, but she is one of the least bratty pageant kids compared to some of the spoiled brats that T&T likes to showcase.
    I know, what's wrong with me? I'm starting to warm up to that family! Seriously, though, it's true, HBB is not as spoiled or bratty as some of those scary demon chiles.
    card likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I know, what's wrong with me? I'm starting to warm up to that family! Seriously, though, it's true, HBB is not as spoiled or bratty as some of those scary demon chiles.
    I hate to agree, but it's true, she's not as bratty. Plus the family seems to have a lot of fun together.
    Waterslide and card like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

No worries Waterslide, I wasn't reading anything into it. I'm just bemused that I can understand what they're saying while the Americans on the forum can't. I'm like, 'huh?" Ep 4 and 5 at yt Shhhh
    Waterslide likes this.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Well, I know I complain a lot, Kat, and I know from other places I say things that I don't explain fully and people take it the wrong way, so I try to be careful. I can understand what the family is saying, too. I think HBB's pronunciation is improving, as well. I've had a lot of people with southern accents in my life, so I can understand them pretty well most of the time.
    Kat Scorp likes this.

So I watched 4 out of the 5 episodes today with my daughter. I am kind of speechless at how redneck they are, but I am from CA and we don't see that kind of stuff. It's actually kind of fascinating seeing how they live and how unrefined they are.

Honestly though, I think they seem like good people, they obviously love each other very much and I think they have a great sense of humor even if they are crude a times. My daughter was really bummed when we finished the episodes, we still need to see the one when they get the roadkill though.

I haven't seen the roadkill one yet either. I don't know how I keep missing it. I keep seeing the slip'n'slide tarp one. That actually kind of looks like fun.

I was pleasantly surprised when HBBC let loose with some spanish. Just finished episode 5 with the cliffhanger scene and I find I really do care about these people. Redneck as they come, but nicer folks than I assumed. A learning experience for me.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

I haven't seen the roadkill one yet either. I don't know how I keep missing it. I keep seeing the slip'n'slide tarp one. That actually kind of looks like fun.
    Yeah, I went back and looked at previous posts and I don't know if the roadkill episode has aired. But I know I have missed one show, I think it could be the one when they first show the pig and talk about biscuits. I know I didn't see that yet.

This is one of the fugliest kids I've ever seen.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Yeah, I went back and looked at previous posts and I don't know if the roadkill episode has aired. But I know I have missed one show, I think it could be the one when they first show the pig and talk about biscuits. I know I didn't see that yet.
    Actually I think the one with the roadkill was a Toddlers & Tiaras episode. It was the second time that HBBC was on T&T. They aired the roadkill episode right before the premier of Here Comes Honey BooBoo. The pageant/episode name is Universal Royalty Motown.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    No worries Waterslide, I wasn't reading anything into it. I'm just bemused that I can understand what they're saying while the Americans on the forum can't. I'm like, 'huh?" Ep 4 and 5 at yt Shhhh
    Americans generally don't have a very good "ear" for other accents. They can't distinguish between a British and an Aussie accent for example. Northern US English seems to be the default accent for most things these days maybe it is harder for the poor things to understand so they do need subtitles. I see a lot of UK/Oz TV shows subtitled for US viewers.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I can understand most accents and I can usually identify them pretty well. It's a pet peeve of mine that they subtitle TV from other English-speaking countries though I give TLC a pass for subtitling T&T because most of those people talk like they have a mouth full of marbles.

British/Australian accents are easy to tell apart. It's Australia/New Zealand I can't distinguish.
    sluce likes this.

Thread Information