Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Honey Boo Boo Child From Toddlers & Tiaras Gets Her Own Show

^^^I notice that there are a lot of people on those Toddlers & Tiaras shows that can't speak. I went to a small school and they still had speech therapists on staff to help kids. I remember kids going to speech class who did not speak anywhere as near as badly as this family does. Maybe some whistling s's or that sort of thing. How these people sound, that's not just accents and dialect, that's really bad speech habits.

Has anyone else seen on T&T another family with a girl named Mackenzie (sp) and her brother Christian? I thought there was actually something medically wrong with them. If there is, I'll feel bad for saying anything about it, but if not, I can't figure out how they get through school speaking that way.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^ Yes, I noticed there was something wrong with them. There are tons of kids on Toddlers and Tiaras who don't seem to speak as well as other kids their age.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie View Post
    ^ Yes, I noticed there was something wrong with them. There are tons of kids on Toddlers and Tiaras who don't seem to speak as well as other kids their age.
    I, for one, am shocked that stupid people with stupid kids parade them around on shows like Toddlers and Tiaras.
    robbie likes this.

It's a plague of speech impediment.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Hopefully June will find a coupon for a speech therapist who is giving a family discount and they can all go. Pumpkin can fart through the entire session.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    We watched two episodes the other night and the thing that I'm just slack-jawed about is that we need SUBTITLES to understand an AMERICAN FAMILY THAT SPEAKS ENGLISH!!
    THIS!!

I tried to listen and not read the subtitles to see if maybe TLC was being a bit dramatic adding them. No. It was most definitely needed!!

My 4 year old has High Functioning Autism and has to go to a speech therapist. He didn't start saying real words until about a year ago. He put a 3 worded sentence together for the 1st time about 6 months ago.
    I can understand him A LOT better than that family!!
    Since I have been learning how to understand a bit better, I pay close attention to how people talk for some reason. These people just piss me off about it!
    It seems to be sheer laziness. The kids learned from their parents to talk fast, not enunciate or be mindful about saying a word correctly!
    Did they ever sit down with their child and speak clear & slow when they were babies??
    I don't know, I'm sure I'm way off about it & I know I have shitty habits my kids catch me doing, but I figured I'd vent my opinion anyway!!
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Well, you're not going to find an argument from me, gardenwitch, it's like they all were taught to speak by chimpanzees.
    gardenwitch likes this.

Or southerners.

*flees thread*
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    ^^^I notice that there are a lot of people on those Toddlers & Tiaras shows that can't speak. I went to a small school and they still had speech therapists on staff to help kids. I remember kids going to speech class who did not speak anywhere as near as badly as this family does. Maybe some whistling s's or that sort of thing. How these people sound, that's not just accents and dialect, that's really bad speech habits.

Has anyone else seen on T&T another family with a girl named Mackenzie (sp) and her brother Christian? I thought there was actually something medically wrong with them. If there is, I'll feel bad for saying anything about it, but if not, I can't figure out how they get through school speaking that way.
    YES!!! That episode was on right after the HBB mess! T&Ts is definitely NOT a show we watch at all, but I was seriously WEEPY for McKenzie towards the end. At first, when they first introduced McKenzie, both my husband and I thought she had a hearing impediment, because they definitely have a unique pattern of speech. Which made me feel bad. But then it was obvious there wasn't anything really wrong with her hearing because she was hearing everything. So my husband is convinced that she has a palate problem. Again makes me feel horrible, but also furious .... palates can be FIXED! You'd rather spend money on pageant shit (which, as we all know, is NOT cheap) than get your daughter's palate fixed? If it's just a speech impediment, SURELY it would have been picked up by numerous teachers, etc. Again, you can HIRE speech therapists! There were a couple instances where we SWORE that her younger brother, Christian, was literally making fun of her speech problem. And then her wanting to win just so she could get more attention because her parents focus on Christian more. It just broke my heart ... and then when the tears were literally dropping from her eyes because she didn't win ... I'm sorry, but that's the threshold for ME that this activity is no longer fun or in the child's best interest. And she's old enough to read crap about herself too, so sweetie, if you are reading this, you are a BEAUTIFUL little girl and I hope you learn about self-worth from somebody in your life because you sorely need it.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I, for one, am shocked that stupid people with stupid kids parade them around on shows like Toddlers and Tiaras.
    I've only watched a few of these shows and they were mostly the very early ones. There are definitely kids on there that you can see the "it" factor. Most do not (sorry, but like HBB ... it is what it is). The one I watched this weekend was the first in a very long time (I still watch crap; Dance Moms has me hooked right now, so I'm not criticizing anyone for watching this shit), and I was amazed at how totally COCKY and ARROGANT these 5, 6, 7, etc. year olds have gotten. In a few years they should take some of these former T&Ts and start a series based on "Mean Girls." They'd put Rachel McAdams character to shame!

PS: Orange Slice, I LOVE your avi! Too cute!! I giggle at it every time I see one of your posts!
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    The host website wont let you hotlink babe.

This feels sooooo strange - I'm hesitant to admit it to everyone but.... I understand what they're saying just fine!!! I'm from south west Australia!

Maybe this needs to be mentioned - again, wishing I didn't feel compelled to admit it - I was born with a speech impediment and saw a speech therapist for about a year. I still have to over-pronounciate my consonants to be understood... so I'm constantly being asked, "how long have you been in Australia?"

My fellow Aussies think I'm a bloody American because of the way I talk. Mucho confusion. Anyway, I'm not having any difficulty understanding this family, and I'm the sort who often uses subtitles on her dvds. So everyone elses' difficulty understanding this family has me beyond confused right now. Up is down and blue is red.
    Last edited by Kat Scorp; August 20th, 2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Confession - I talk lie tis a ah tire
    gardenwitch and Waterslide like this.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Flipping channels and stopped on Nancy Grace (whom I can't stand). I stopped because
    they are discussing Honey Boo Boo. I just caught a bit of it but they said the family was being investigated because allegedly HBB was dancing on a bar.

Yes, I'm watching Nancy Grace right now, came across it by accident. She is going after these pageants bigtime. She is addressing the Dolly Parton outfit and how the dad is trying to get custody. She is also talking about HBBC, and a bit about the kid who dressed like Julia Robert's hooker outfit. The show is entirely about kiddie pageants, disgusting outfits, and bad parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post

PS: Orange Slice, I LOVE your avi! Too cute!! I giggle at it every time I see one of your posts!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    The host website wont let you hotlink babe.

Grrr. It's maddening when it'll show up on my screen and I don't know it's not showing up anywhere else. Thanks for the head's up!

Any better?

Kat Scorp and Waterslide like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

^ That works Sic Twitchy
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Thread Information