View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 80 of 199 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Would you like to know who I am unsensiblepageantmom? If you guess correctly I will admit my identity, I swear on your little daughter's tiaras I will.
    "If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by EX-pageantmom View Post
    Would you like to know who I am unsensiblepageantmom? If you guess correctly I will admit my identity, I swear on your little daughter's tiaras I will.
    Wouldn't that be like sacrilege or something?

Her daughter ain't got no tyara's y'all - that why she's so pyssed...
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Wouldn't that be like sacrilege or something?
    Only if I lie and they turn to dust. Otherwise I am completely within my rights to tarnish the sanctity of her $10 Honk Kong investment.
    "If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

Whoa! Wai.... wai..... wait......... are you serious? I didn't know "white trash" was a race. At least, it wasn't an option on MY driver's license ....... I am so confused now.
    Well actually it is possible that she is black or Asian..maybe we should ask her..

Yo dude..sensiblechildabuser, are you low class hillbilly whitetrash, or low class hillbilly blacktrash, or lowclass hillbillyAsian trash..? hispanic trash..

help us out here..?

Hit By Ban Bus!

I would love to, but need more clues.....What pageants has your dd won, or at least competed in...

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Enjoy the hip swivlin whorehouse stylin of Miss Brooklyn FUNK!!!!!!!! (and check out the comments)
    Okay, I'm really disturbed by that video. She's 2 for goodness sake. Who trains their 2 year old to do a dance like that? Well, who on earth dresses a 2 year old up like that.

I've read every page of this thread - took nearly my entire work day as I had to actually work also. I'm completely disgusted by the pageant mothers who refuse to see what is so apparent in front of them. It's the same behavior as a drug addict who can't see that they have a problem. To spend tens of thousands of dollars on something so exploitative is appalling.

Hint to sensiblepageantmom: download Firefox as a web browser, it has a built in spell check. It's quite obvious that you won't take the time to actually learn how to spell properly.
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 10:04 PM.

Interesting paper here: My Research Paper

It includes great quotes and statistics from a Harvard study on kids in pageants. But of course, the manateyys know better than some pesky Harvard people.

In June of 2000, The Harvard University Gazette reported on a sociological study done by a Hilary Levey, an undergraduate student at Harvard University, which found that child beauty pageants clearly accommodate to the ambitions of the parent, not the children. Levey found that low-class families entered their daughters into pageants to teach them how to “compete in the real world.” The high-class mothers claimed that competition is “very healthy” and there is a lack of it in the educational system. Mothers simply want their child to be able to move up the social scale. With the competitiveness found in pageants the mothers believe their child will get the much needed “practice” to do so (Cromie 2-3). It has also been found that parental pressure can influence the correlation between pageant participation and psychological health (Wonderlich 292). Parents who make their children participate in pageants because of the skill that they obtain put more pressure on the child than on the children whose parents let them participate for their enjoyment. Many mothers believe their children will receive many skills by participating in pageants such as public speaking and listening skills, confidence, poise and talent (Wonderlich 298).

Despite the fact that pageant mothers can always find a positive impact from their daughters’ participation in pageants, Anna Wonderlich, Diann Ackard and Judith Henderson found that there is a strong association between beauty pageant participation and mental health. Of the 131 beauty pageant contestants that they interviewed, “48.5% sought to be thinner, 57% confirmed that they were trying to, at the moment, lose weight, and 26% were thought to have an eating disorder” (Wonderlich 292). They also found that the women who participated in pageants in their childhood were more likely to already be or become dissatisfied with their bodies more than the subjects who had not participated in pageants. Their study also indicated that those women who were child pageant contestants “scored significantly higher on measures of body dissatisfaction, intrapersonal distrust, and impulse dysregulation” then the women who had not participated in pageants during their childhood (Wonderlich 297). This study is a great insight into what that pageant industry can ultimately do for children. This information is an essential part of what the pageant world can ultimately achieve when children under the appropriate age of maturity are participating. Considering this information it is easy to see that the children, who participate in pageants, are built up with so much self-esteem that in return they have esteem problems later in their life. In other words, these children believe they have to be perfect to be seen as beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Well actually it is possible that she is black or Asian..maybe we should ask her..

Yo dude..sensiblechildabuser, are you low class hillbilly whitetrash, or low class hillbilly blacktrash, or lowclass hillbillyAsian trash..? hispanic trash..

help us out here..?
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Enjoy the hip swivlin whorehouse stylin of Miss Brooklyn FUNK!!!!!!!! (and check out the comments)
    OMG check out the profile of the video poster! All pink and tacky makeup! She HAS to be a pageantard mom.
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 10:04 PM.
    "You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

It's racist to call you what you are? I didn't say you were HONKY trash.. i said you were white
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by sensiblepageantmom View Post
    THANKS FOR SO ELOQUIENTLY PROVING MY POINT
    I believe the word you are so inelegantly grappling around for like a stoned monkey with oiled banana is 'eloquently'. Even idiot criminal homos know how to use spell check now.

Pedifiles do too.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    I believe the word you are so inelegantly grappling around for like a stoned monkey with oiled banana is 'eloquently'. Even idiot criminal homos know how to use spell check now.
    I'm quoting this because that is a beautiful turn of phrase you have there Cheetopia!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Pedifiles do too.
    and it called grooming then, too....
    Free Charmed.

I thought it was poise, or confidence building.

Sorry, Confydince

Thread Information